Any other Disney fine art collectors?

I think it will be a great series. There's going to be 12 total paintings and Kinkade is only doing the classics. I'm not sure how they're defining classics.

A friend of mine came across Aurora's Rescue by Peter Ellenshaw, so I hope to have it by the end of the month.

I think it will be a great series. There's going to be 12 total paintings and Kinkade is only doing the classics. I'm not sure how they're defining classics.

A friend of mine came across Aurora's Rescue by Peter Ellenshaw, so I hope to have it by the end of the month.

Oh no, 12! I'm going to be out a lot of $$$ because I'm sure I'll love them all and I'm quickly discovering I have little will power when it comes to Disney these days! Funny how it sort of consumes you all of sudden! Do you know how often they will be released? The guy at the Kinkade gallery told me the next one will probably be out in the Spring but he was just guessing? I don't know what defines a classic or classic moment either, but I do prefer the "old school" Disney to the new modern films and animation, so hopefully the pieces will reflect some of the older stories and characters.

I love love love the Ellenshaw pieces! If I could have one it would be the pooh Four Seasons Suite. Ok, so technically that's 4. Even though I'm talking about buying 12 Kinkades, that's in my fantasy world, not quite that well off unfortunately :-(

I saw someone's signature on these boards said something like "we bought a smaller house so we could go to Disney more often" - just starting out here, getting married next year, I can see how that makes perfect sense!

Hi, I was just wondering how long ago and where you purchased the Proof Set of Mary Poppins? I love Peter Ellenshaw and Mary Poppins is my favorite. I appreciate any info that you may have.
Again Thanks
Carla in VA

My sister and I had the pleasure of cruising last week with artist Manuel Hernandez. His work is simply beautiful. We purchased 5 pieces between the two of us. He was also very sweet and shared many stories with us regarding his painting, inspiration and process.

I also purchased 2 more Willardsons, Lovey and Dovey.

Hi, I was just wondering how long ago and where you purchased the Proof Set of Mary Poppins? I love Peter Ellenshaw and Mary Poppins is my favorite. I appreciate any info that you may have.
Again Thanks
Carla in VA

Hi Carla,
I think you might be responding to my post. We actually purchased our Mary Poppins Proof set at the Disney Store in Chicago on Michigan Ave. This was over 5 years ago during a visit, so the two pieces had to be shipped to us in TN. We did purchase the Ellenshaw castle via the web. We searched and found several different art galleries which had the piece in stock. After speaking with each of them, we ordered it for delivery as well. Perhaps you can find your pieces the same way.

Hope that helps!
Terry

How do I order prints from disneyfineart.com? Is that even possible? Where else could I get some??

Thanks!!

:cool1:

<How do I order prints from disneyfineart.com?>

You need to order from an art gallery that carries pieces from Collector's Editions. The gallery I use gives great customer service and several free perks with each purchase. You can send me a private message via the disboards if you want contact information for them.

Thought I would wake up this thread. Has anyone got any new additions to their collection or seen any pieces they would like? I've recently ordered these two beauties.....

salvati20.jpg

rodel05.jpg

:goodvibes

How do I order prints from disneyfineart.com? Is that even possible? Where else could I get some??

Thanks!!

:cool1:
PM me if you would like a link to the gallery I use. They have some great incentives and prices and worldwide shipping is free. :goodvibes

I am looking for Winnie the Pooh artwork done by the artist Peter Ellenshaw. The piece I am looking for is titled "Best Friends". Any help would be greatly appreciated.:goodvibes

I am not collecting the Kinkades, but have a friend who is getting them. He is getting the same limited edition # for each release, so he'll have a full set all with the same edition number.

I am not collecting the Kinkades, but have a friend who is getting them. He is getting the same limited edition # for each release, so he'll have a full set all with the same edition number.

I'm doing the same! I just got Cinderella so that makes 4 so far. What an expensive collection, and I'm just doing the smallest canvas.

Can anyone provide me with a few suggestions for a couple of "must stop shops" for the next time I'm at WDW. I've been in a few, but never really paid much attention to which ones as the Disney fine art was not exactly my thing. Over time I have really come to enjoy some of the work by several of the artists. On my long term wish list is Ellenshaw's Mickey's Dream and since I'm a train guy I got to get Salvati's Hogwarts Express.

I've got to get me some deeper pockets!

When you are in WDW, the shops with the best 2D artwork are at Downtown Disney Art of Disney and in Epcot at the Art of Disney there. They both usually have some Ellenshaw pieces.

The Wyland Gallery in either the Polynesian or at the Boardwalk both have great stuff too and feature a lot of James Coleman Disney pieces.

With regard to the Hogwarts Salvati, since Harry Potter is not a Disney owned entity, you'll have to go to private art dealers to secure one of those; Disney won't have any within WDW. I'll pm you with suggestions.

Where are you buying the Kinkade Disney Dreams Collection? Do you have a list of what the upcoming pieces will be? thanks

Where are you buying the Kinkade Disney Dreams Collection? Do you have a list of what the upcoming pieces will be? thanks

I reposted parts of this from another thread about the Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Collection ...

I purchased my canvases at a Thomas Kinkade Gallery (they have them all over the country). Only 4 out of the 12 images in the Disney Dreams Collection have been released. As far as I know its not public what the others will be. What's out so far:

1 - Snow White Discovers the Cottage (Aug 2008)
snowhi_f0.jpg

2 - Pinocchio Wishes Upon A Star (Feb 2009)
pinwis_f0.jpg

3 - Tinker Bell And Peter Pan Fly To Neverland (June 2009)
tinpet_f0.jpg

4 - Cinderella Wishes Upon A Dream (Sept 2009)
cinwis_f0.jpg

Also there are the 2 images that came out before the series started that are Disney related.

Disneyland 50th Anniversary (Sept 2005)
dis50a_f0.jpg

A New Day at the Cinderella Castle (Oct 2007)
cincas_f0.jpg

Can you tell I'm a huge fan of this collection?!?! Best of luck if you decide to start collecting. The canvases are pricey, but so beautiful in person, you won't be disappointed! The Castle is my favorite piece, and the first one I purchased. I have a BIG canvas of that one, but the smallest canvas size of the 4 in the Disney Dreams Collection. (Some were part of a wedding gift from my parents, we aren't ridiculously wealthy, haha.) Didn't go for the Disneyland one because we have never even been to Disneyland. Trying to budget to keep up with the collection in the future. They are said to release 2 a year, although Cinderella came out a little early. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter