Any other Disney fine art collectors?

Frances999

DIS Veteran
I love the artwork from Collectors Editions by artists such as Peter Ellenshaw and James Coleman. My favourite piece is "Mickey's Dream". I love the new Disney artwork released by Tim Rogerson as well.

Does anybody else collect Disney fine art? :flower:

:wizard:

I love most of it, but can't afford it.

I do have that David Doss that is in your signature and several of his other works. The Doss works I have are all prints.

~Kathie said:
I love most of it, but can't afford it.

I do have that David Doss that is in your signature and several of his other works. The Doss works I have are all prints.
I have the print in my signature too. I love the seaside pictures by Doss as well :flower:

The Disney fine art is certainly pricey but there is a place over here in England which often has a sale on them a couple of times a year (around 25% off). eBay occasionaly has some good prices too :)

:wizard:

I was chatting with David Doss over Christmas weekend. He's working on a Minnie snow woman to match the Mickey Snowman. Hopes to have it done by October, 2006.

Cyn

I purchased a few of those David Doss pictures on art.com for a great price (and free shipping) I now have all of his Disney prints (and a Minnie Snowwoman would be great.)

I collect a lot of the Disney artwork (cells, prints, lithos, posters, etc.) I have run out of space on my walls for it now.

Sue Ellen

The only thing I have is the Thomas Kinkade that's in my siggie (thanks to a fellow DIS'er that picked it up for me @ DL). Until recently, I never even realized there were so many beautiful pieces of artwork available...you can bet I'll be on the lookout for more of it now!

I don't own what I would call Disney fine art, as I spend too much on pins! :earseek:
We love looking in the Art of Disney.
Here is a photo I snapped just the other day that I thought many would like:
CaptJackAoD.jpg
[/IMG]

Luv2Roam said:
I don't own what I would call Disney fine art, as I spend too much on pins! :earseek:
We love looking in the Art of Disney.
Here is a photo I snapped just the other day that I thought many would like:
CaptJackAoD.jpg
[/IMG]
That is a great pice by Allison Lefcort. I have the "Making Magic" giclee by her which features Sorcerer Mickey. That one must be an original, as I don't see it listed for sale as a giclee on any websites. I bet it costs a lot of $$$$!

mickeyfan2 said:
I own the Snow White cottage painting by Peter Ellenshaw.
I love that piece, but left it too late and it retired before I could get it. I have seen them selling for over $2,000! It's beautiful :flower:

calypso*a*go-go said:
The only thing I have is the Thomas Kinkade that's in my siggie (thanks to a fellow DIS'er that picked it up for me @ DL). Until recently, I never even realized there were so many beautiful pieces of artwork available...you can bet I'll be on the lookout for more of it now!
That picture is wonderful! Is it a giclee on canvas? The colors are beautiful. :goodvibes

Frances999 said:
That picture is wonderful! Is it a giclee on canvas? The colors are beautiful. :goodvibes

Mine is the giclee (the canvas was a bit too costly for me!), but it is the 28X42, so it really stands out in the room. The colors are fabulous (especially when you see it in person) and there are 50 hidden Mickey's within the artwork. I've only found about 20 of them so far...so I'll have to make it a goal to find them all.

We have 3 Ellenshaw paintings: Glass Castle, Mickey's Dream, Walt's Magic Moment.

I have been collecting Disney art work which includes the limited edition cels, production art work and other fine art items for about 15 years.

I really do miss the Disneyana Conventions.

That is a great piece by Allison Lefcort. I have the "Making Magic" giclee by her which features Sorcerer Mickey. That one must be an original, as I don't see it listed for sale as a giclee on any websites. I bet it costs a lot of $$$$!

It looks like that photo was taken at The ARt of Disney in Epcot. There is an original unframed canvas of Jack Sparrow at TAOD in Downtown Disney. It's large (4'x5" maybe?) and I want to say it's at least $2500. Framed prints of the painting (2'x2') are supposed to be coming to that store soon. Apparently they had the unframed prints a few months ago. The one in the photograph may be one of those prints that was framed to be sold in that shop.

I have some cels and other art from Disney as well.

DH just bought me two on our 2005 trip. Both are giclee but are absolutley beautiful. I wanted to get some of the Peter Ellenshaw Winnie the Pooh ones, as I have started to collect them in the poster ones. Well I couldn't find any of the Pooh ones I wanted. So I found this great one of Bambi in the forest when it was all covered with snow. When I saw it, I knew that was one that I had to have as Bambi was DS18 favorite movie when he was a kid. And it was our first family trip without him since he is in college. The other is one of the castle with Tink also. They are all dated and numbered. The Bambi one only has 195 made, the castle one has only 95. I love them and we are going to give them to our kids when they are older. Of course DS will get the Bambi one!!!! Can't wait to buy more!!! pixiedust: :tink:

I don't own any of the "fine art" ones yet, but I absolutely love the one of the castle they currently sell in DL (isn't that the kinkade one?) and there is one from sorcerer Mickey I absolutely adore, I think it's been called "summoning the stars".

One day, I'll win the lottery and be able to buy it!

Frances999 said:
That is a great pice by Allison Lefcort. I have the "Making Magic" giclee by her which features Sorcerer Mickey. That one must be an original, as I don't see it listed for sale as a giclee on any websites. I bet it costs a lot of $$$$!

I collect Allison Lefcort too. I also have "Making Magic" in my collection. Love her work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter