Any other Disney fine art collectors?

I reposted parts of this from another thread about the Thomas Kinkade Disney Dreams Collection ...

I purchased my canvases at a Thomas Kinkade Gallery (they have them all over the country). Only 4 out of the 12 images in the Disney Dreams Collection have been released. As far as I know its not public what the others will be. What's out so far:

2 - Pinocchio Wishes Upon A Star (Feb 2009)

Can you tell I'm a huge fan of this collection?!?! Best of luck if you decide to start collecting. The canvases are pricey, but so beautiful in person, you won't be disappointed! The Castle is my favorite piece, and the first one I purchased. I have a BIG canvas of that one, but the smallest canvas size of the 4 in the Disney Dreams Collection. (Some were part of a wedding gift from my parents, we aren't ridiculously wealthy, haha.) Didn't go for the Disneyland one because we have never even been to Disneyland. Trying to budget to keep up with the collection in the future. They are said to release 2 a year, although Cinderella came out a little early. Hope this helps!

i'm not a collector but my father saw the Pinocchio one, and fell in love with it, never was able to find a picture of the peice, cause we could not afford the travel costs to bring it to there home. thanks for the picture, do you know any other place to get the picture other than wdw, we are in canada btw, thanks so very much!!!

nickandlarisa-Thank you for the detailed post. My DBF loves TK and I love Disney so this colection might be an option. Just bought a small house and have yet to put anything on the walls. A smaller house so we can still take our vacations :)

How are you displaying them? I was thinking about clustering 4 together on one wall. I probably couldn't afford all 12 and I don't think we could fit them all in our house without looking cluttered.

nickandlarisa-Thank you for the detailed post. My DBF loves TK and I love Disney so this colection might be an option. Just bought a small house and have yet to put anything on the walls. A smaller house so we can still take our vacations :)

How are you displaying them? I was thinking about clustering 4 together on one wall. I probably couldn't afford all 12 and I don't think we could fit them all in our house without looking cluttered.

I can take some pics of how I have them up. We are actually in an apt now, so not a ton of space. I have the large Cinderella's Castle with 2 of the smaller dreams collection sort of in a cluster behind the couch in the living room. I have another small dreams collection off to the side of the loveseat, and the 4th small one is in a hallway. The small ones I have are 12 x 18. I think a cluster of 4 that size would look nice! We are moving into a small house soon, and I will have a little more wall space. I also think the wall space going up the stairs would be a nice way to display these, if you have a second story.

I was surprised to see this! A new release, and a whole new collection. The Princess and the Frog will apparently be the first image in the new Disney Discoveries Collection.

The20Princess20and20the2345AD451.jpg

Makes me think of Port Orleans Riverside, our favorite resort! But I don't think I will get hooked on this new collection just yet. Its too hard to keep up with the Dreams Collection! Perhaps they will come out with small paper prints of this eventually because I really do love it, so just wanted to share!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter