any one use DVC to stay in Ireland?

MDarcy

Earning My Ears
We would like to go to Ireland summer of 2002 and was wondering if any one has used DVC points there? We are a family of 5, would like to stay about a week in Ireland and a week in London area (have relatives we can stay with in London) Any info is most appreciated. :)

I'm sorry, I don't have any info. There is only one resort on the exchange list and only 2 resorts in II at all. I believe there are about 5 or 6 resorts total on the Island. I have seen no ratings on the one on the DVC list. You might go to the Timeshare Users Group and post a request for info. You can do this by registering but do not have to join for this feature. Hopefully someone else will know about it.

I also noticed that the Killarney Country Club is listed as a "Limited Exchange Activity" resort.

Dean

[This message was edited by Dean on 03-03-01 at 10:58 AM.]

I am not familiar with any of the properties in Ireland. However, I have noted that the European hotels are not a very cost-effective use of points. They are generally in luxury class hotels. You would likely have to book 2 rooms or a suite for a family of 5, and each person beyond 2 per room costs extra (except for very young children.)

We have found that bed and breakfasts and smaller family run hotels have beautiful, economical, and spacious family rooms that would likely meet your needs. These places sometimes even provide laundry facilities and always have a great breakfast. Some will let you bring carry-out meals to eat in the breakfast room in the evening.

Here is a web site that I have found useful in finding family rooms in nice small hotels and B&Bs:

http://www.smoothhound.co.uk

Happy planning

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter