Any Info on Days Inn Suites?

goin2disney

Earning My Ears
Has anybody stayed at the Days Inn Suites Maingate? What's your opinion of this hotel? I would really appreciate an opinion - I'm starting to burn out checking all these hotels - we have family of five and it's getting hard to figure out where to go to save as much as possible...

baack in 1990..we stayed at the Days Inn suites right next to Old Town....It was reallly nice...I was just looking at the pictures...you walked into a livingroom with a sleepsofa...then into a kitchen with fully applaianced(sp) then into a bedroom with 2 queen beds.....It was very nice, and at that time with a AAA disocunt, it was 59 dollars a night....and we could walk right over to Old Town(Is that the name of it??)

mikamouse

mmpiano.gif

78,90,91,92 WDW
5/98Boardwalk Villas
12/98Beach Club
12/99Wilderness Lodge
8/2000Wilderness Lodge
8/2000Yacth Club Concierge
9/2000 Boardwalk Inn Concierge and Villa's
9/2000 Poly concierge
1/2001 Swan resort
5/2001 Animal Kingdom Lodge!
8/2001 Swan/Dolphin...meet??
11/2001 Boardwalk Inn concierge & Yatch Club ....Dis 1st convention

www.angelfire.com/ma3/mickeypics
www.angelfire.com/weird/disney

I have seen both good and bad replies to this facility the last few months so it may be a matter of opinion? Try looking on the Orlando board too or do a search. The replies covered an extreme range so I don't know if they have rooms that have been remodeled vs. those that haven't?

We did spend one nite @ Hampton Inn Maingate West with a discount from this board - I believe it was $49.95. I don't know if you could have fit a rollaway in our room as it was set up, although I thought it was a nice roomy place. If you had a smaller child, I'm sure they could "sleeping bag" it on the floor. It was, however, clean, friendly, new and had an EXCELLENT continental breakfast. If you ate late enough before it ended you could probably skip lunch and go for an early supper. Also-fridge & micro in room. Nice big bathroom. That was where I was headed back to until my ds demanded "on property" of which the Swan was good enough for him (got a great price).

cheerldr.gif

<font size="4"><font color="purple"><font face="Book Antiqua">
<marquee> Inaugural Member Of the WDW Resort
Cheerleaders!!</marquee></font></font></font>

We stayed because all stars was full and we couldn't get in one night early. It was OK but nothing special, very cheap. The pool was huge. I don't think you would want to spend a lot of time in the room, they were sort of old. And the traffic on the main road was horrendous, especially trying to get to the parks in the AM. They were doing construction but I'm not sure that was the entire problem. The breakfast was excellent!

Sharon
All Star Movies May 12-18, 2001!!!

Hi, We are staying at the Days this Oct. and I was worried just like you. After reading the posts on these boards I feel like changing my ressies...but a really good friend recommended the days to us and well I trust her. She's been to WDW a few times, stayed on and off site and says that for a family of 5 or more a suite is the way to go. She was there in Nov. for a week with her DH and 4 kids and they stayed there. It was clean, the pools were great, her kids liked it. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance and Old Town is supposed to be fun. Thats what matters to me. It's a place to sleep. If I wanted to "play" at my hotel I wouldn't be going to WDW. Besides, in a few years it will be the "Disney Magic" my kids will remember....not the hotel. If you go before us please post a report. I'll do the same.
thanks.

We stayed at the Days Inn Suites by Old Town about 2 years ago in Nov. I don't think you can beat the price for a family of 5. As stated above, you walk into a small living room area with a sleeper sofa. Then a full kitchen and bathroom. Then a separate bedroom with 2 queens and a long closet area with TV and dresser. It was clean and nice enough, but a little worn. My husband loves it. He booked our college daughter there with her church group in May for $54 nt. I think it was fine. Our teen daughter slept on the sleeper sofa. At night sometimes, Old Town was kind of noisy for awhile. It kept her up a bit, but we couldn't hear anything in the separate 2 queen bedroom. We didn't have time to use the pool or go to Old Town. It was fine for a place to sleep and watch some TV. at night.

Hi,
I just booked there for $53 a night after reading many good things about it. Where else can a group of 6 stay for such a great price plus the great convenience. Good Luck

My Mom, Dad, Aunt & Uncle and I stayed there about 8 years ago. It was great value for the money. We only ate breakfast and had a before bed snack there and slept. We never even checked out the pool. It was nice walking around Old Town in the late evening and window shopping. For 5 people you can't beat the price and value. But, having said that it is an older hotel and there aren't a lot of perks, but I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

The Days Inn Suites by Old Town has a great price tag but... they do get noisy at night unless you get room the furthest from Old Town. During our stay a couple of years ago, they had a police car patrol the back lot every fifteen minutes. This can be good or bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest