Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband caught on the website yesterday that Gold and Platinum were available. They took it down quickly. When he called, it was no longer there. Here's to hoping, they will open up sales sooner rather than later.

Yea that is a bummer. We want to get down there some day as well. And the AP was always one reason (weather first) we looked forward to doing so.

Do you mind sharing any move details? Like where and what pricing is doing? I hear its gone up. Good luck and congrats. :flower1:

They must just thinking the AP bucket is constantly emptied and filling Park capacity.

Flooding that bucket with more users would likely really restrict availability.

Hoping they can increase Park capacity soon so they can sell more. :hyper:

Sorry it took a while to respond, we were actually moving our stuff from KC to Orlando into storage. Lots of driving and work. We just rented a Penske truck and moved ourselves because it's much less expensive. We've moved 3 times in the past 8 years and I'm getting pretty tired of it. Especially driving a packed moving truck with a car trailer pulled behind. Our closing date got pushed back because our mortgage lender was so inundated with work, so we put our stuff into storage in Orlando for 3 weeks until the house is ready on Dec 7.

I have a trip report going talking about the moving experience, though I've been neglecting that trip report lately because things have moved very fast and I've had no spare time for anything.

We found a house in Davenport very close to Champion's Gate. It's a 1530 sq ft house with 3 beds and 2 baths and we got it for the low 260s. It has a giant screened in pool and a fenced in yard with plenty of space and even has a mango tree. That is about the price we expected to pay and had budgeted. Would have been nicer to get one closer to 250k, but I don't think it was a terrible price for what we got.

Also, houses have been going very quickly. I think that's the bigger issue than the price. We had a spreadsheet set up the weekend before we came to house hunt that had over 30 houses on it and only 2 were available when we went down 5 days later.

We did find in our house search that we never won a house that we didn't bid over asking price. We lost several and the housing market is very hot, so I wouldn't expect to pay under asking (though I'm sure it could happen depending on the area).

Hi folks, this may not be the correct forum but here I go.....

Any thoughts/knowledge on "when" the ability to purchase AP's might return. My wife and I just moved to Florida and beyond the pandemic issues o_O we really haven't been able to do the parks because of the cost. With an AP that cost is muted. Plus by being Florida residents we can pay for it monthly 8-)

Thanks in advance for anything.....

Doug :goofy:

Hi folks, this may not be the correct forum but here I go.....

Any thoughts/knowledge on "when" the ability to purchase AP's might return. My wife and I just moved to Florida and beyond the pandemic issues o_O we really haven't been able to do the parks because of the cost. With an AP that cost is muted. Plus by being Florida residents we can pay for it monthly 8-)

Thanks in advance for anything.....

Doug :goofy:

by having no annual passes means Disney will get less of my money and universal and sea world will get more. I haven’t been to universal or sea world in probably about 18 years. Beginning In December I’m only staying two nights at wdw than 5 at universal. One park day at wdw than 5 at universal. End of January I’m staying 5 nights at wdw but only 2 park days at wdw. One will be at universal and another one at sea world. Wouldn’t be going to universal or sea world if Disney had annual passes.

Last edited:

APs will very likely be back, possibly as soon as January 1st. It just doesn’t make sense to offer you an AP, regardless of the people that would gladly pay for it, when they can’t provide you with much of what is offered by being an AP. The buckets for APs fill up as it is, that would only get worse with the addition of more passholders. When capacity gets up to around the 50% mark, and Park Hopping is back up and running, I think that’s when we’ll see APs become available again. I also have a suspicion they may be waiting until their annual price hike in March to bring them back

My husband caught on the website yesterday that Gold and Platinum were available. They took it down quickly. When he called, it was no longer there. Here's to hoping, they will open up sales sooner rather than later.
Unfortunately this "glitch" has happened several times over the last couple of months and gotten my hopes up. It all depends in what you click on in Google, etc. but anytime you think you're actually getting somewhere it takes you back to that generic experience update page. I can usually get that Florida Resident AP page to come up from clicking a link in Google but it never moves on to step 2 where you would purchase.

Unfortunately this "glitch" has happened several times over the last couple of months and gotten my hopes up. It all depends in what you click on in Google, etc. but anytime you think you're actually getting somewhere it takes you back to that generic experience update page. I can usually get that Florida Resident AP page to come up from clicking a link in Google but it never moves on to step 2 where you would purchase.

I can get ALL the way through the entire checkout process (assigning cards, signing agreements, entering cc# info) , to the point of being able to click purchase, but I'm finally met with this message:
 Sorry, but we are unable to complete your purchase online at this time. Please call (407) W-DISNEY or (407) 934-7639 for assistance, or try again later.

Gotta suggest again....buy NO renewals. When you can? Buy a NEW pass, good until the day you redeem it, up to 2030 :). DW I got lucky - we got in under the lockdown, and now have two un-redeemed GPs, good to 2030.

Gotta suggest again....buy NO renewals. When you can? Buy a NEW pass, good until the day you redeem it, up to 2030 :). DW I got lucky - we got in under the lockdown, and now have two un-redeemed GPs, good to 2030.
Yeah but renewals are much cheaper than a new pass. As a DVC member, I get a platinum renewal for almost $250 less per pass.

It depends on when you next plan to visit the parks whether it works out to be a better deal
Very true. For us, we go at least once a month for a night or 2, so the renewal always makes sense for us. But we’re only an hour away from the parks.

I was going to buy new passes but they won't let me apply an unused ticket so I'm just going to wait. I live 20 mins away but I still don't plan to visit anytime soon.

Sorry it took a while to respond, we were actually moving our stuff from KC to Orlando into storage. Lots of driving and work. We just rented a Penske truck and moved ourselves because it's much less expensive. We've moved 3 times in the past 8 years and I'm getting pretty tired of it. Especially driving a packed moving truck with a car trailer pulled behind. Our closing date got pushed back because our mortgage lender was so inundated with work, so we put our stuff into storage in Orlando for 3 weeks until the house is ready on Dec 7.

I have a trip report going talking about the moving experience, though I've been neglecting that trip report lately because things have moved very fast and I've had no spare time for anything.

We found a house in Davenport very close to Champion's Gate. It's a 1530 sq ft house with 3 beds and 2 baths and we got it for the low 260s. It has a giant screened in pool and a fenced in yard with plenty of space and even has a mango tree. That is about the price we expected to pay and had budgeted. Would have been nicer to get one closer to 250k, but I don't think it was a terrible price for what we got.

Also, houses have been going very quickly. I think that's the bigger issue than the price. We had a spreadsheet set up the weekend before we came to house hunt that had over 30 houses on it and only 2 were available when we went down 5 days later.

We did find in our house search that we never won a house that we didn't bid over asking price. We lost several and the housing market is very hot, so I wouldn't expect to pay under asking (though I'm sure it could happen depending on the area).

Oh good for you. We rented a house there last month. Enjoyed having our own pool.

That price won't get you much in the MPLS area, so that's a steal to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter