Any Husbands here do all the planning?

I'm the hubby and I do all of the planning, with my wife's input of course. She homeschools 6 kids with 2 little ones "helping", she keeps our home schedule under control and spends a lot of time on daily planning of activities. She LOVES Disney because I do a lot of the planning and she basically just has to show up. That's what she says, but of course there's more to it than that. It's planned and our kids are entertained.

I am amazed that this thread has gotten seven pages of replies in just two days. Where were all you guys when I was planning my family's last seven trips and talking almost exclusively to wives and mothers about deals and strategies. (Not that I'm complaining. All of them knew what they were talking about and provided tremendous help.)

I am the husband/father that has planned all our Disney trips for 15 years. Strangely enough, my wife is the Disney fanatic. I'm just the obsessive planner. I find the deals, plan the dates and hotels, and map out every hour of every day. I'm also smart enough to know when to tuck the detailed plans in my pocket and "wing it" so everyone doesn't go crazy.

It's nice to know that there are more than a few of us out there.

(Just realized that my old signature is still here but I can't change it.)

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Sorry meant to post this on this forum instead of DVC forum.

Proudly raises hand !! I do all of our planning --- and I love it !!! DW and the kids love disney, but DW doesn't have the patience for the planning --- it's become a hobby for me !!

I do all of the (borderline obsessive) planning. Then I run everything by my wife for her input. We went with some of her family at Christmas last year, and now they joke that I'm a Disney Slavedriver :rotfl2:

We are here now for our first visit.... To quote my hubby: "I'm just a
along for the ride..."

I am the husband and I do all the planning for all vacations. My wife will come to me a few days before we leave and ask "What will the weather be and what should I pack?"

John

All 30 trips so far, but my young adult 22&24 are starting to take over when we get there. I still do adrs and park days. They put more input into restaurants and fast pass changes.

I'm definitely the Disney planner in our family. The wifey has no interest in the "deets", but she gives me input on a couple of attractions and/or restaurants she wants to hit and I take it from there. She actually gets annoyed when I start asking questions about hypothetical scenarios. She's definitely the "P" type on the Myers Briggs scale...

I am the hardcore Disney parks person in our family, so I do most of it. Avid podcast listener (wdw today and wdw radio), gives me the motivation and tips I need, probably makes me want to go too often, but we do it with a budget. I get input from everybody of course, but I really like the planning, details, etc.

I know it's mostly wives or so it seems.
Little different in my family. I do all the planning and just run it by the wife to make sure there will be no complaining. She likes Disney World a lot but it helps to make sure everyone is on board. Any other guys in my boat?

Sorry meant to post this on this forum instead of DVC forum.

LOLOLOLOLOL! That's a joke, right??????????

I am 100% in charge of vacation planning, Disney or otherwise. The only time my wife gets involved is when she comes across an event (MNSSHP, etc.). I'm an obsessive planner with spreadsheets and calendars. I think the family is afraid of what will happen if they mess with my system.

This would be me! I do ALL the planning and just run what we're doing by my wife. She tells me to just tell her what days to take off from work and what time our flight leaves. It is a bit stressful at times because I don't like being second-guessed once we're at WDW. I love being spontaneous but those days at Disney seem to be gone since the FP+ era started - now everything seems more rigid and fixed in the way of times. Nevertheless, I actually love planning everything because aside from being fun, it keeps me connected leading up to the trip.

My son will listen intently and suggest rides or ADR's but my wife could really care less. Whenever I mention that we need a family meeting to discuss Disney issues, she rolls her eyes and tells me to make the call. It can get annoying but I have been to some great restaurants because of it. Since she tells me to "make the call," that's exactly what I do when I make that awesome ADR at the Yachtsman! :P Once we're there, it's too late....I win!

Bottom line though, my wife doesn't love Disney the way my son and I do. This August for example, I had to go on a 4-day Royal Caribbean cruise before Disney because she was complaining that we only go to Disney!!! The nerve! I was like, really....your point? I was a nice husband and booked the cruise and actually planned quite the trip....just sayin'! Got some good deals [booked WDW through Dreams Unlimited and the cruise through Costco] and stayed within a very reasonable budget doing both itineraries. Don't tell her, but the cruise was pretty awesome.:ssst:

Glad to read that I'm not alone....great thread!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter