Any Holiday World discounts out there?

The last few times we went we used internet coupons, but I warn you

DO NOT STAY IN THEIR HOTEL ACROSS THE STREET!!!

it is unclean, people are nice enough, but really, really filthy! ALso, their restaraunt in not good. Food on buffet was cold and very salty (we only ate breakfast there)

My DH has friends that warned us to stay outside of town, but we thought it was too convenient to drive. We were wrong!
I realize this post is more than a year old, but this is the only Holiday World thread I could find on the DIS. What is the name of the "hotel across the street" from Holiday World that you stayed at?

Krogers has the adult tickets for $33.95 (or something close to that) and kids & Senior tickets are $28 something. The only ones cheaper that I found were at Fort Knox ITR and they had all tickets for $31.50.
Once again, I know this post is over a year old. Doing a MapQuest search I see that the closest Kroger to Holiday World is in Owensboro, Kentucky. Can any of you who purchased Holiday World tickets at a Kroger store tell me which stores? Thank.

Once again, I know this post is over a year old. Doing a MapQuest search I see that the closest Kroger to Holiday World is in Owensboro, Kentucky. Can any of you who purchased Holiday World tickets at a Kroger store tell me which stores? Thank.

The cheapest HW tickets are at Santa's Candy Castle, which is about 1 mile from Holiday World. You'll save about $7 each off the gate price.

Thanks, Alesia, that's helpful! :thumbsup2 Off to look up the hours of operation for them.

I think the hotel "across the street" is called Santa's Lodge. We have stayed in Corydon and Evansville. Corydon is closer to HW but since we are coming from Illinois, Evansville is closer to home (if that makes any sense). We may try Jasper one of these times, but we don't usually plan too far enough in advance and the hotels there tend to be booked.

I can't say enough nice things about HW. It's one of my favorite places to go (after Disneyworld of course!). The park is "Disney clean", the people are very friendly and the prices (admission and food) are very reasonable. My only complaint is the hill you have to walk up to get out at the end of the day - it can be a struggle to drag yourself up after a long day in the water park!

Some hotels advertise discounts on tickets but I'm not sure what their prices are. I think we got a AAA discount one year, and any Pepsi can works for a couple dollars off.

Also check their website for advice on the best days (crowd wise) to visit. They will post which days they expect to be especially busy.

Thanks, Coll0610. I'm surprised that Santa's Lodge got such a poor review. From it's website it looks like a nice place and I was toying (get it? Santa... toy...:rolleyes:) with the idea of staying there. However, I do get a fairly good corporate discount at the Holiday Inn chain so I will probably stay at the one in Tell City, IN. I will be in Evansville on Saturday for a family event and so planned to go to HW (with 16yo niece and 13yo nephew) on Sunday, spend the night near HW, and then head back home to southeast Michigan on Monday. We'll be staying in Evansville Friday and Saturday nights, but to head back there Sunday after HW adds two hours to our return trip to Michigan since Evansville is in the opposite direction from home. We won't get to HW by park opening as we'll be having breakfast in Evansville with family before heading out. Of course, not being there by park opening puts us at a disadvantage as far as lines, etc. so I'm thinking that perhaps we may go back by opening on Monday and spend 3 - 4 hours hiting whatever we may have missed on Sunday. Going to wait and see how we feel at the end of the day Sunday.

I checked the Santa's Candy Castle site (http://santascandycastle.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=31&cat=Discount+Holiday+World+Tickets) and found that they sell HW tickets at $7 off the gate price. If you purchase your tix online from the HW site you get a $4 discount and several hotels in the area that I checked also sell HW tix with a $4 discount. Therefore, I'll be swinging by Candy Castle before we head to the park. It opens at 8:30 am and, as mentioned above, is only a mile from HW.

Here's where I suggest staying:

http://www.santascottages.com/
I did look at these as they were listed on the list of nearby hotels on the HW website. If I were staying more than one night I might consider them as they look great. This trip though we'll only be there one night and won't be in the room much, only to sleep, so just need something comfy, clean, with a complimentary breakfast in the a.m. so we can be on our way quickly. Wouldn't be able to justify the $185 (for the 1 br) for the brief amount of time we'd be there. They do look great, though.

ETA: I just noticed that they list the dates they have availability on their homepage and my date (July 24) isn't one of them. They also have a two-night minimum during peak season.

Thanks, Coll0610. I'm surprised that Santa's Lodge got such a poor review. From it's website it looks like a nice place and I was toying (get it? Santa... toy...:rolleyes:) with the idea of staying there.

A friend of mine stayed there once. She said it was fine. Not spectacular or anything, but clean.

Now I want to go too...we had been talking about going later this summer...we live a few hours north, I doubt my kroger has them...are web tickets the best way to go?

We are in Owensboro right now for a week, had thought about going to HW but it is so darn hot :(
Have fun, it is a great park :)

LOVE Holiday World Very clean family park FREE PARKING FREE DRINKS ALL DAY AN FREE SUN SCREEN AT THE WATERPARK. Food prices are very very reasonable, lots of shade in the main park. Yeah some areas gets a bit hilly but hey it's southern IN we got hills there.

Now I want to go too...we had been talking about going later this summer...we live a few hours north, I doubt my kroger has them...are web tickets the best way to go?

I woiuld stop by Santa's Candy Castle to get them - it's only about 2 minutes away from HW.

We live in Southern KY, right next to the border of Northern TN, and all of the radio ads and TV commercials constantly running make me NOT want to go to HW, lol. They just run over and over and over and over and it drives me nuts!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter