Any families stay at Flying J's overnight?

Camp fanatic, to answer your question that Flying J is at exit 2 on I65 in Franklin, Ky. If you stop there and it's full, there's a Walmart about a mile away to sleep over at.

Just got back from Florida & all of the Pilots & Flying Js (at least all of those where we stopped) now require advance inside payment rather than pay at the pump, even with a credit card.
That's one of the reasons I don't prefer Pilots and they don't usually have diesel pumps in front. At least the current Flying J's are designed with RV's in mind (pull through pumps with gas and diesel).
I'm starting to prefer Loves over the rest.

j

that's one of the reasons i don't prefer pilots and they don't usually have diesel pumps in front. At least the current flying j's are designed with rv's in mind (pull through pumps with gas and diesel).
I'm starting to prefer loves over the rest.

J

I fueled at a Loves on the way down to FL Dec 26th, wasnt happy with the way my truck ran on their fuel. It had a noticeable lack of power and poor mileage.
Hmm. I haven't heard of that from Loves before. I was in 16 states in 2010 towing to races. We would generally try to fuel up at Flying J or Loves and never noticed any problems. I would think isolated incidents, but if it happend twice at different stations.

j

Just got back from Florida & all of the Pilots & Flying Js (at least all of those where we stopped) now require advance inside payment rather than pay at the pump, even with a credit card. That is a real pain, especially since now the register lines are long. We've decided not to stop at those for gas on our future trips, if not pulling a TT.

Julie

This is bad news indeed. Often I don't go into the store, just gas up and get moving. I kind of have a little game I play about how short I can keep the stops. Why in the world wouldn't they let you use pay at the pump?

Hmm. I haven't heard of that from Loves before. I was in 16 states in 2010 towing to races. We would generally try to fuel up at Flying J or Loves and never noticed any problems. I would think isolated incidents, but if it happend twice at different stations.

j

I was disappointed since I like the Loves stations and for the most part they are convenient. It did happen on 2 seperate trips and I typically run Power service in every tank while on the road.
I also had a problem at the Flying J North of where I live. I have heard rumors that since the bankruptcy they have had fuel quality issues and back in the fall I got a tank from them that was noticeably down on power.
I am pretty picky about fuel, at home I buy from the same station all the time and dont have any problems. The Speedway turns a lot of diesel and its right by my house and a major highway.
The best mileage and highest quality fuel for me (based on seat of the pants) is Hess.

I use the Flying J in St. Augustine and filled up there today. I've noticed the fuel price was about 20 cents higher than at the Hess by my house. I'm usually a Hess customer as well but with the trailer behind me I have no choice but to go where I can fit.

i use the flying j in st. Augustine and filled up there today. I've noticed the fuel price was about 20 cents higher than at the hess by my house. I'm usually a hess customer as well but with the trailer behind me i have no choice but to go where i can fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter