• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any cruisers flying American between JFK and MCO...

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Check your flights! American has decided that there is "not enough market demand" for more than one early morning and one late evening non-stop between the areas - and that's to and from LGA.

They've rescheduled every non-stop JFK to MCO to a connecting flight, probably through Charlotte - and the schedule may or may not work for your timing. If it doesn't you can change it to something that does or cancel and see what else you can find.

The very nice agent I spoke with was every bit as confused as to why they made this decision as I was. Every non-stop I've been on between JFK and MCO has been full to the point of them offering compensation starting at $500 and only going up for people to take later, connecting flights - so I can only guess it was really low "market demand" between JFK and CLT and/or CLT and MCO. It's annoying to say the least.

BTW - I did not get an email about it. I just regularly check my flights on the app (usually Wednesday and Sunday) - and this happened sometime between this past Wednesday and yesterday and the "There have been changes" popped up.

(I know most people on these boards are Southwest devotees, but they don't have non-stops from the area that I've ever seen, so American has been an option for those of us who hate having to change planes.)

Check your flights! American has decided that there is "not enough market demand" for more than one early morning and one late evening non-stop between the areas - and that's to and from LGA.

They've rescheduled every non-stop JFK to MCO to a connecting flight, probably through Charlotte - and the schedule may or may not work for your timing. If it doesn't you can change it to something that does or cancel and see what else you can find.

The very nice agent I spoke with was every bit as confused as to why they made this decision as I was. Every non-stop I've been on between JFK and MCO has been full to the point of them offering compensation starting at $500 and only going up for people to take later, connecting flights - so I can only guess it was really low "market demand" between JFK and CLT and/or CLT and MCO. It's annoying to say the least.

BTW - I did not get an email about it. I just regularly check my flights on the app (usually Wednesday and Sunday) - and this happened sometime between this past Wednesday and yesterday and the "There have been changes" popped up.

(I know most people on these boards are Southwest devotees, but they don't have non-stops from the area that I've ever seen, so American has been an option for those of us who hate having to change planes.)

That sucks at least in the future you have delta non stop.yep Lots of people on disboards uses southwest I usually don’t see it with them. Most of the times they are higher non stop where I fly from. Usually American is cheaper even when you add on the baggage fee and seat. Maybe I’m just looking at the wrong times. On the budget board there is a thread southwest flights are crazy. Yes sometimes they can be and you have to go with another airline at that time.

That sucks at least in the future you have delta non stop.yep Lots of people on disboards uses southwest I usually don’t see it with them. Most of the times they are higher non stop where I fly from. Usually American is cheaper even when you add on the baggage fee and seat. Maybe I’m just looking at the wrong times. On the budget board there is a thread southwest flights are crazy. Yes sometimes they can be and you have to go with another airline at that time.

Yeah. JetBlue also has nonstops. They were just more expensive now for my booked trips so cancelling the American ones (which I could have done since American changed the flights) and rebooking on Delta or JetBlue would not have worked. But I will know for the future.

And yeah - after being stuck at the airport 5+ hours twice because Southwest decided to do elective things that resulted in planes that worked fine no longer working, they are the airline I will look at ONLY if there are no other options.

Thanks for heads up! Just checked out flights, everything still looks as it should (outbound is from LGA, return is to JFK), but will keep an eye on it.

Looks like this change is going in on May 3rd, from that date forward, there is just one early morning LGA-MCO and one late evening MCO-LGA flight each day.

Looks like this change is going in on May 3rd, from that date forward, there is just one early morning LGA-MCO and one late evening MCO-LGA flight each day.

I wasn’t sure when the change started. My outbounds were already the morning LGA flight because I was using miles and/or it was the earliest to get there. My Feb inbound is JetBlue (again, miles), but July was JFK at 1-something pm. They changed me to 11:50, which I know is after DCL’s minimum, but felt too rushed for me, so I changed to the LGA evening flight. I will probably keep my DCL transfer to MCO and then just Uber or Lyft to and from Disney Springs that day.

I wasn’t sure when the change started. My outbounds were already the morning LGA flight because I was using miles and/or it was the earliest to get there. My Feb inbound is JetBlue (again, miles), but July was JFK at 1-something pm. They changed me to 11:50, which I know is after DCL’s minimum, but felt too rushed for me, so I changed to the LGA evening flight. I will probably keep my DCL transfer to MCO and then just Uber or Lyft to and from Disney Springs that day.
We have the same exact flights, first morning flight out of LGA on the way out, and 1:15pm return to JFK, also booked with miles - but in early April.
Considering the alternatives, not sure I would take the late return to LGA with kids, but making connection is less than fun either. I guess this is the last time we fly AA to MCO. JetBlue, here we come!

We have the same exact flights, first morning flight out of LGA on the way out, and 1:15pm return to JFK, also booked with miles - but in early April.
Considering the alternatives, not sure I would take the late return to LGA with kids, but making connection is less than fun either. I guess this is the last time we fly AA to MCO. JetBlue, here we come!

Yup. I am only doing it because that July flight is in the summer. For the flights over the long weekend that is Rosh Hashanah, I am doing the earlier leaving connecting one.

For my Feb 2020 break I am changing my cruise back to the Magic (though I am meh on Marvel) because it is clearly now easier for me to get a flight into the MIA/FLL area.

It’s not surprising they would cut capacity to Florida in the Summer. I would expect them to iresume the flights during the Winter and Spring which is Florida’s high season.

It’s not surprising they would cut capacity to Florida in the Summer. I would expect them to iresume the flights during the Winter and Spring which is Florida’s high season.

They are also cut in the fall.

Maybe that's why flights from PHL to MCO have been crazy at the dates we have been looking at.

If they are non-stop it would not surprise me.
Yea they are all non stop but even the connecting flights are pretty high priced. Generally it's been around $250-$300 for economy. Now Im seeing $280 for basic economy and $380-$600 for economy. Unless of course you want to fly at 5am or 8pm.

Yea they are all non stop but even the connecting flights are pretty high priced. Generally it's been around $250-$300 for economy. Now Im seeing $280 for basic economy and $380-$600 for economy. Unless of course you want to fly at 5am or 8pm.

I can get connecting flights from JFK through CLT or one of the D.C. airports or MIA (yeah...fly over where I need to go and backtrack).

They are also cut in the fall.
I believe I did say they would resume in the Winter and Spring. Just a guess. From where I live non stops into Mco are cut from 4 to 2 a day in the Summer and Fall. Likewise for Miami and Tampa. The last time I flew into Mco on a Tuesday in sept there were about 80 empty seats on the plane. I’m sure they have their reasonings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter