Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I looked at this and TO flights to Buffalo were comparable of both more than flights straight to FL.. I wonder if that’s their method of attempting to stop this ?
We are flying from Toronto to Orlando and just coming back Orlando to Buffalo, both direct flights.

Oh my gosh, thanks for the heads up about rental cars. Last year for 2 weeks for a van it would have cost about $800. It’s up to $1800 now! I’m going to hold off, but imagine it goes even higher?

Oh my gosh, thanks for the heads up about rental cars. Last year for 2 weeks for a van it would have cost about $800. It’s up to $1800 now! I’m going to hold off, but imagine it goes even higher?
We are flying to Miami Dec 19, I am trying to see if we can go without a car rental!

I’m not sure where you’re located. If you’re in Toronto with an M postal code, there’s a vaccine clinic at Regent Park accepting 18+ today. My neighbour just went and he said they were giving out Moderna.

Regent Park CHC 420 Shuter St, Toronto
Thank you - we are in middlesex London and tomorrow opens for 30+ so that’s finally me! (39 this year)

If anyone is flying out of Toronto, Pearson offers a free rapid test that you can book online up to 14 days prior to your flight. It’s in Terminal 1 and the US does accept rapid tests as valid results for boarding a flight to the USA.
Great info! Thanks. It makes me a bit nervous to get the result so last minute.

DH, my oldest DD(30) and I have all gotten our first doses of Pfizer, and due for our second shots in August at the latest. Fingers crossed we‘ll get to go on our rescheduled trip to WDW (originally booked for DD(30)’s 30th Oct/Nov 2020).

We’ve rebooked YYC to MCO Oct. 26 to Nov. 6. flights are booked, through United and fully refundable, WDW resort and park reservations are booked. Just waiting for info on Boo Bash to get that booked as well. 🤞🏻

Shoppers just announced rapid testing at $40 who hoo.. that’s so-able for the way down at least because that’s accepted to go south isn’t it
Looks like it, yes:
"
What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?
Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. A viral test conducted for U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other U.S. government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order.

Can I get a rapid test?
Rapid tests are acceptable as long as they are a viral test acceptable under the Order."

I think for Hawaii-only it must be a PCR test. So, no rapid tests for Hawaii. At the moment, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter