• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

Alberta was doing it by year of birth, where did you see otherwise? Kiddo is only 12 in December but I am planning he'll be able to get his earlier
On the peel website they have opened it for 16 and 17 year olds. The 16 year olds must be 16 at time of the shot. For example, my nephew is 16 in September but cannot get his shot at this time, even though 2021 is the year he turns 16. My sister is a nurse and she thinks health Canada will be a stickler for older than 12, not 12 this year. It’s not for sure, but it doesn’t look great. I hope I’m wrong.

Your point about Alberta is a good one. I hope that is the same for Ontario. Reason to hope.

On the peel website they have opened it for 16 and 17 year olds. The 16 year olds must be 16 at time of the shot. For example, my nephew is 16 in September but cannot get his shot at this time, even though 2021 is the year he turns 16. My sister is a nurse and she thinks health Canada will be a stickler for older than 12, not 12 this year. It’s not for sure, but it doesn’t look great. I hope I’m wrong.

Your point about Alberta is a good one. I hope that is the same for Ontario. Reason to hope.

I too think they will be a stickler especially when it comes to 11s turning 12, as the vaccine at this point has only been approved for 12and up..

I don’t even need the border to open or to know when right now , I just want to know what it will look like ( tests quarantines, differences for vaxxed vs non vaxxed ppl, kids under 12 who can’t be vaxxed yet ? Just that alone would help a lot of us make planning decisions ..

It may be a provincial thing then, and honestly I would go elsewhere if it was possible. I am pretty sure the wording was anyone turning 16 by the end of 2021 so I don't see why 12 is different. Any way. I know the US is giving the shot to kids turning 12 this year, and Alberta's system would let me book an appointment. I guess we will see on May 31.

It may be a provincial thing then, and honestly I would go elsewhere if it was possible. I am pretty sure the wording was anyone turning 16 by the end of 2021 so I don't see why 12 is different. Any way. I know the US is giving the shot to kids turning 12 this year, and Alberta's system would let me book an appointment. I guess we will see on May 31.
Totally agree with you. Earlier, when I saw they seemed to be determining age by what one turned this year, I was relieved and excited for my almost 12 year olds. Fingers crossed that it works out in our favour. Lots of uncertainty. I’m not a fan of uncertainty, but these past months have given me lots of practice with it.

eta: Just looked at Albert’s site as well. I sure hope that’s how it shakes down for us. It’s very clear that born 2009 is eligible. Thanks for that information.

Totally agree with you. Earlier, when I saw they seemed to be determining age by what one turned this year, I was relieved and excited for my almost 12 year olds. Fingers crossed that it works out in our favour. Lots of uncertainty. I’m not a fan of uncertainty, but these past months have given me lots of practice with it.

eta: Just looked at Albert’s site as well. I sure hope that’s how it shakes down for us. It’s very clear that born 2009 is eligible. Thanks for that information.

quoting myself. Pei let’s me book as well. Feeling hopeful....

Well hopes are dashed.

I wonder if that is Peel region specific. In any case, I'm close enough to Quebec that I will look into going there for his shots if it's too hard to get it here. Or the US if they open the border and are doing them there. But I can't see him starting high school in the fall and not having it, I should think any of the kids starting grade 7 would be able to get theirs done.

I wonder if that is Peel region specific. In any case, I'm close enough to Quebec that I will look into going there for his shots if it's too hard to get it here. Or the US if they open the border and are doing them there. But I can't see him starting high school in the fall and not having it, I should think any of the kids starting grade 7 would be able to get theirs done.
I’ve been on the phone all day with the region and government. Peel says they are following provincial guidelines so I suspect your area will be the same. Get on the phone to your mpp and protest! This is not in line with practices in other provinces.

Shoppers just announced rapid testing at $40 who hoo.. that’s so-able for the way down at least because that’s accepted to go south isn’t it

grrr I paid $199 + tax back in January, I was supposed to use it last month but didn’t so saving it for September.

I may be naive, but I'm hopeful that all these tests won't be required in the fall. All of these safety measures are in place from when vaccinations were low, and case counts were high. These safety measures were a deterrent for people to travel. Hopefully it will be a different world by the fall....

I’m hopeful they won’t be in September but I already purchased my test to go down, know what hotel I’m booking if required and now that maingate is closed I will have to find somewhere to go but I’m prepared. I’ve already had my first dose and due for my second the week of Aug 9th. Nothing is stopping me this time. 😂

I would think it’s province wide. Also the US is not allowing Canadians in for the vaccine, they say it’s not essential even though our government has deemed it is.

I’m hopeful they won’t be in September but I already purchased my test to go down, know what hotel I’m booking if required and now that maingate is closed I will have to find somewhere to go but I’m prepared. I’ve already had my first dose and due for my second the week of Aug 9th. Nothing is stopping me this time. 😂
MCO offers them right now. My worry is that most testing sites in Orlando might shut down because they might be deemed unnecessary and counterintuitive to vaccines.

MCO offers them right now. My worry is that most testing sites in Orlando might shut down because they might be deemed unnecessary and counterintuitive to vaccines.
Good point, I never even thought about that. I wonder though if they will keep the MCO one due to international travellers. I would think at this point they want them and if that is what is needed they would keep it. At least that’s what I think but I could be completely wrong. What I’m wondering though is how long to get the results back from MCO test and is it PCR.

I just checked MCO and they currently have no appointments past May 31st. Crossing my fingers.

It'll be fall 2022 for us. We have a new baby coming to the family this fall so that will be our priority visit if things open up. Besides I don't know if I'd be comfortable on a plane just yet.

I have six boxes (60 total) KN95 masks that my office bought at the start of the pandemic for staff. Back after Christmas, they said take what we want because they would be donated. I jumped on those for travel (airport, airplane, etc), and five boxes of disposable masks too. I'm ready for when we go now.

Just itching to start booking things for a Nov 27th trip. I have narrowed down our choices for offsite properties and sent inquiries to them, and am watching the airfares bounce between ugly to ridiculous. We have WJ credits from last year’s cancelled trip and it looks like we will be paying at least $100 more per person. I am trying to get a fix on something before WJ’s free change/cancellation offer runs out at the end of May.

I know that the continuation of the post-travel quarantine will sabotage our plans, as I am the only retiree in our travel group. There are so many variables, but things are changing so rapidly that I still have hope. Three of us have had our first shots and are scheduled for second round in Aug, and the two students in our group will be eligible to book appointments starting next week, so we should all be fully vaccinated well before our desired departure date.

We want to be in compliance with all requirements, and as safe as possible but if the rules are still so stringent, it will be another no-go for us, I’m afraid. We are enduring the current lockdown with our fingers tightly crossed that we‘ll get back to our happy place this year.

I have two cruises booked with a 2 night window in between. The plan is to 2 days at WDW in between. I have not been anywhere but the Springs since 2015 so I am dying to see all the new attractions

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter