• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

If all 3 of us are vaccinated, if the borders are opened, and if DL is letting guests from outside CA, then we are actually considering maybe the possibility of a November DL trip during DS's November mid-term break.

Too bad the test coming back is so pricey and now that the maingate testing site is closed there isn't a free one that I've found.
There are a number of free test sites in Orange County. Some indicate that you don’t need to be a resident of Orange County. Has anyone contacted any of these sites to see if they are open to non us citizens?

There are a number of free test sites in Orange County. Some indicate that you don’t need to be a resident of Orange County. Has anyone contacted any of these sites to see if they are open to non us citizens?
I haven’t yet because things are changing so often and we aren’t going until mid Dec . I worry tho with free testing now quickly it would come back .. that would be my fear ..

Booked for late Oct into November - planning to drive as long as the border opens. Cautiously optimistic! Fingers crossed

Surprised Disney hasn't jacked up the on site prices even more and offered free covid tests upon departure as part of a package. :P

I just booked for December ... I'm cautiously optimistic that the border will be open by then. We had no plans to rebook our cancelled April 2020 vacation but here we are lol.

I looked at flights as well... they are pretty cheap right now. I'm so tempted to buy them - with WestJet you can cancel/change them for no fee if you book by May 31st.

Ahh.. I don't know!

I just booked for December ... I'm cautiously optimistic that the border will be open by then. We had no plans to rebook our cancelled April 2020 vacation but here we are lol.

I looked at flights as well... they are pretty cheap right now. I'm so tempted to buy them - with WestJet you can cancel/change them for no fee if you book by May 31st.

Ahh.. I don't know!
I just booked for November on Sunday. With the no change/cancel option we went ahead. Dh said it’s okay to tie up that money and fares were fair. Good news too is that for now, we are booked on an air Canada flight, not Rouge and we are booked on a Dreamliner. That’s a nice plus!

I'd love to know where they are. I'm not seeing to many free anymore. I'm not going until September and things are changing daily but I'd still like to be prepared

Ugh - I can also no longer find a free Covid test in Disney. We may have to pay the crazy fee at the airport.

Yup, we need a PCR test to get back into Canada. Then a test when we arrive, then a test at 10 days. Even if we have both vaccines (which I will).
Are you traveling soon? Do we think this will still be required in October?

I hope that when they open the border (at 75%/20%? whatever that number is) that all the other requirements will go away, I mean it doesn't seem right that they would be ok with leisure travel across the border if they are still going to require all the quarantine and tests and such. But I don't work for that area of the government so who knows... I am encouraged to see our number of immunized still going up though, even if it's just the first shot, people are still getting them!

I may be naive, but I'm hopeful that all these tests won't be required in the fall. All of these safety measures are in place from when vaccinations were low, and case counts were high. These safety measures were a deterrent for people to travel. Hopefully it will be a different world by the fall....

I really hope so 🙏🏻

Looks like my November trip is in peril. My twins turn 12 in September. Until they hit the children for vaccines, they had been using year of birth to determine age. With the kids it seems they are requiring the child be the qualifying age at time of vaccination. So even though my kids turn twelve this year, they probably won’t be able to get the shot until after their actual birthday. We won’t have enough time for the second dose before the trip date comes up. Disappointing.

Looks like my November trip is in peril. My twins turn 12 in September. Until they hit the children for vaccines, they had been using year of birth to determine age. With the kids it seems they are requiring the child be the qualifying age at time of vaccination. So even though my kids turn twelve this year, they probably won’t be able to get the shot until after their actual birthday. We won’t have enough time for the second dose before the trip date comes up. Disappointing.

Alberta was doing it by year of birth, where did you see otherwise? Kiddo is only 12 in December but I am planning he'll be able to get his earlier

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter