Any Canadians planning a fall 2021 trip?

I’m curious. Do you know if your friend received one of those cdc vaccination cards? I wonder how they will handle Canadians getting the first dose here and the second in the states? I’m tempted to book a trip this summer and try to get my second dose there. Thanks in advance.
Yes she did.
Thanks for answering quandrea, I thought it wasn’t me who the question was meant for ;)
Although I also know a few Canadians (my parents friends with homes in Az) who received the shots there and yes have proof. Not sure what it looks like though.

Thanks for answering quandrea, I thought it wasn’t me who the question was meant for ;)
Although I also know a few Canadians (my parents friends with homes in Az) who received the shots there and yes have proof. Not sure what it looks like though.
No problem. It’s a small white card, slightly bigger than a credit card. CDC logo on it. Space for name and birthdate. Four or five lines to write down the vaccine, date, location where shot was given (ie Walgreens).

I’m tempted to book a trip this summer and try to get my second dose there.
Don't think I would open up this can of worms. I understand if you have severe health issues and must have your 2nd dose asap. But otherwise, vaccine passports are going to be enough of a hassle. With one shot in each country, I can just imagine check in for a cruise, etc pulling you aside while they figure out how to double check. Before the pandemic started, I was checking in for a Caribbean cruise that January at Cape Canaveral, and had to step aside for 45 mins while Norwegian reviewed my passport in detail. At that time, the concern was travel to China. I've never been there, but the Cdn passport already sounded alarm bells. Why make future travel more of a snarl than it needs to be.

Don't think I would open up this can of worms. I understand if you have severe health issues and must have your 2nd dose asap. But otherwise, vaccine passports are going to be enough of a hassle. With one shot in each country, I can just imagine check in for a cruise, etc pulling you aside while they figure out how to double check. Before the pandemic started, I was checking in for a Caribbean cruise that January at Cape Canaveral, and had to step aside for 45 mins while Norwegian reviewed my passport in detail. At that time, the concern was travel to China. I've never been there, but the Cdn passport already sounded alarm bells. Why make future travel more of a snarl than it needs to be.
Agreed. My friend got her shot in AZ. She was rushing to get it done. The very next day, her GP emailed her saying not to do it. Paperwork confusion and the data on mixing doses is not in yet. She got AZ here and Pfizer in AZ. She is my friend and I love her dearly, but she goofed on this one.

If you search on Instagram using #Igotvaccinated, you will see pics of people posing with their CDC vaccination cards.

I want to be there as close to the 50th so badly..found decent prices in November and tempted to book the hotel w/o booking my park tickets and just adding those on later since the hotel can be refunded..........would that be crazy? DH says yes since we don’t want to quarantine when we get back. DH has vaccine appt next week (yay!) and I’ll be getting it as soon as Ontario opens up to under 30....

Does anyone know where I can get COVID test if I want to fly down to FL? What kind of test is require?

In Ontario Shoppers is doing it with Life Labs and it’s $200/test. It guarantees results within 48 hrs. I purchased mine back in January for my trip that was supposed to happen in April but am now going to just use it in September.

I have just booked my flights for our September trip. I'm banking on all the vaccines being administered in Canada in the USA will have our borders open sometime this summer. I already had a room booked on our DVC points. I'm holding off buying park tickets just in case. Fingers crossed.

If you are booked with AC then make sure they haven’t changed them on you. They changed ours twice yesterday. We were initially flying out on the 19th at 8:30am and return flight was on the 25th at 5:50, both direct flights. They changed our flight down to 6:30pm on the 19th and 8am on the 25th, both kept direct. We are flying out of Toronto. I’m glad we were booked Comfort level so we could change it to the 18th but waiting to change the 25th. The only silver lining is that we now have a full day at Epcot on the 19th.

We have a trip planned for Sept 18-25. I sure hope we can get down there. Should be fully vaccinated by early Aug at the latest. We will probably just be doing a resort stay for this one, but we really need some sun and pool time!!!

We are going the 18-25 as well 😊. We were going the 19th but AC changed our flights yesterday so now we are arriving a day earlier.

I want to be there as close to the 50th so badly..found decent prices in November and tempted to book the hotel w/o booking my park tickets and just adding those on later since the hotel can be refunded..........would that be crazy? DH says yes since we don’t want to quarantine when we get back. DH has vaccine appt next week (yay!) and I’ll be getting it as soon as Ontario opens up to under 30....

The 50th is happening for 18 months 😂😂

If you are booked with AC then make sure they haven’t changed them on you. They changed ours twice yesterday. We were initially flying out on the 19th at 8:30am and return flight was on the 25th at 5:50, both direct flights. They changed our flight down to 6:30pm on the 19th and 8am on the 25th, both kept direct. We are flying out of Toronto. I’m glad we were booked Comfort level so we could change it to the 18th but waiting to change the 25th. The only silver lining is that we now have a full day at Epcot on the 19th.
We had Jet Blue.... and they changed our outgoing flight to a stopover flight instead of direct. Originally we would have been in Orlando in the morning, the new flight had us travelling all day getting into Orlando by dinner. I was able to cancel the flights with a refund. I'm now going to wait a bit and see what happens with flights from Toronto instead of Syracuse.

We actually dared to dream and did a rough plan of 2 different trips last night.

We had a change in employment. Dh bought some shares into the business where he works (and now partially owns :) I'm sooo proud he took the leap) so we need to see how paychecks and payments and everything works out. Alot will depend on how all of this works out in the next 3-6 months. I can see how it will all work out, but he is the type A personality, and needs to actually see how this will all wash out in the next couple of months.

Even daring to dream a little bit and rough plan, made my heart and soul lighten 2000 times. I am the traveller. Dh is content enough to stay and do thing locally and enjoy all the amazing destinations around us. I'm the one who loves to experience different areas of the world. So crossing my fingers that our finances work out the way I think they will...then we will be joining you all and booking something.
Very exciting news!

@quandrea I am waiting on rebooking flights as well. I will likely wait until the summer, and hopefully we will know what is expected in terms of returning to Canada (i.e., quarantine and testing).
I booked now because I’m afraid of prices going higher in summer when perhaps more travel opens up.
I can live with having a credit if I have to cancel.

You can fly there. No direct flights though. My friend just went to Arizona last week. Had to fly through Chicago after leaving Toronto. Full flights both out of Toronto and Chicago. She actually completed her vaccine regimen upon arrival in the states. The shot was free at Walgreens. No waiting. No appointment necessary.
Wow! Free at Walgreens who knew. If I knew this I may have thought about nipping down into Washington to get vaccine. But I don’t want to quarantine, pay to have covid test going down and apparently the 3 we’re required to have coming home!

I’m curious. Do you know if your friend received one of those cdc vaccination cards? I wonder how they will handle Canadians getting the first dose here and the second in the states? I’m tempted to book a trip this summer and try to get my second dose there. Thanks in advance.
I was wondering too
L
In Ontario Shoppers is doing it with Life Labs and it’s $200/test. It guarantees results within 48 hrs. I purchased mine back in January for my trip that was supposed to happen in April but am now going to just use it in September.
Yikes! $200 that’s pretty steep.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed by October all this will be behind us and travel will be open without all the testing and quarantine. If it isn’t I’ll cancel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter