Another stroller question . . .

MickeyMom2Boys

DIS Veteran
My last child is now 6 months old and the wheel on my 7 year old stroller just broke :sad2:. I have a Maclaren Twin Triumph for when I need a double stroller, but my middle child is 4 1/2 so I only need the double on long days and the baby isn't really comfortable in that one just yet.

So, can anyone recommend a single stroller for under $200 or even better under $150? I don't want to spend a fortune since this is my last baby, but I will be using it for the next 3-4 years, so I do want a good one. I see great reviews on the baby jogger city mini and I may have found a 2010 model for around $160. Still exploring that option . . .

TIA!

Joovy Scooter!!!! its lightweight, has a nearly flat recline, accepts an infant Carseat, and has a 50 lb weigh limit. And an INCREDIBLE SUNSHADE for Disney!!!!

Correct that 55 lb weight limit!!!

Thank you! I looked it up and it does seem like a good option. Love the large basket. I hadn't seen this one yet.

Or grab a Baby Jogger City Micro for $99 on albeebaby.com. It accommodates tall children even more than the Mini, so you'd get longer use out of it for places like Disney.

I've researched the Joovy Kooper, Baby Jogger City Mini, and the yet-to-be released Britax B-Agile (basically a BJCM clone with a couple of improvements), and the B-Agile was my pick.

Our DD is a tall 2 y/o now, so the height/weight specs on it are a plus (same as BJCM). We plan on having another baby at some point (probably not until DD is about 5 y/o), and the B-Agile comes with the attachments to make it accept the Chaperone or the new B-Safe infant seat. It's got the lightweight and super awesome folding features that the BJCM has (plus an auto lock). It also seems as if the brake on the B-Agile will be more "flip flop friendly" than that of any of the others I looked at. With the pre-order bonus of a free child tray attachment and full price purchase of the Sunshine Kids Buggy Buddy parent console, plus free 2 day shipping via the free Amazon Prime trial membership, the whole shebang came out cheaper than buying a BJCM on it's own with no extras. Mine is set to arrive on the 27th :)

The Joovy Kooper was attractive in price, but the BabyGizmo.com review of it scared me a bit re: seat height when reclined (her 4 y/o tester's head was squished up against the top fabric). I also was not thrilled with the need to use the top of my foot to collapse it. Those two aspects were dealbreakers for me, but if I made shorter kids and wore closed toed shoes most of the time, I'd probably have gone that route.

Or grab a Baby Jogger City Micro for $99 on albeebaby.com. It accommodates tall children even more than the Mini, so you'd get longer use out of it for places like Disney.

I looked at this one as well, and wasn't happy with the smaller canopy and heavier weight.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest