Another stroller question...

tonilea

<font color=blue>I hope I don't regret this...<br>
:lmao: Our son is just over 40 pounds and the way he is eating right now, I am sure a growth spurt is in the works. He is fairly tall for his age and thin. I am looking for a stroller, but most inexpensive strollers have weight limits of 40 lbs. I realize there is probably some tolerance in there, but does any one put their child in a stroller that is rated for a slightly smaller child? Would we have trouble pushing it?

Right now I am leaning toward a Maclaren Volo with a 55lb weight range. Thoughts?

Disclaimer: I am not interested in if YOU think my four year old should or should not be in a stroller. ;)

I got the Volo for my 5 year old to use in the evenings at Disney. It's still in the box; I'll get around to opening it one of these days :)

But I was concerned that a cheaper stroller wouldn't hold her weight after a few nights. Also, for what it's worth, my niece has a disabled 2 year old; after our trip I figured I would pass the stroller on to Kelly for when she needs it.

These were my top 2 stroller choices, and the best prices I found for them:

the Combi Urban stroller ($72.87 with free shipping from Amazon) http://www.amazon.com/Combi-Urban-T...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1216985993&sr=8-3

and the Maclaren Volo. http://www.babye-store.com/ ($74.99 with free shipping)

I love my Volo, but more importantly, my burly 2 year old (37 lbs) loves the Volo. He's hated every stroller we've put him in since he was a newborn, but there is finally Stroller Love in our home, much to my delight.

My 4.5 yo who is 47 lbs and 44 inches tall also fits in it quite comfortably.

Thanks, that is really my worry. If I get a cheap stroller and it craps out on me at WDW then I am stuck. Plus, I do want him to be comfortable.

I personally love any maclaren. We have the Techno XLR which we used last year for VA Beach. The seat lay's completely flat and has extendable foot rests.The handles are taller too so you don't hunch over the stroller and glide along rough roads. I must say it is pricey and I believe the Quest has very similar features for less $$

Two years ago when we did disney we took our Graco Travel system, and a cheapy umbrella stroller. By the second day the umbrella stroller bit the dust. The rubber from the wheels seperated and the seat had a tear where the bum would be. The graco was great but very bulky so I vowed never to do that again. Then my girlfriend introduced me to Maclaren and I have been hooked ever since. We know how the Techno XLR and the Triumph. Rachel is now 80lbs has no use for a stroller. Mia is 36lbs and Ashley is 32lbs (and there is 3 years difference between M&A) Rachel did use the XLR last year in VA beach but only for a short while but too, she was around 60lbs then

I have no reviews on many other strollers, we did have a light weight one but I can't remember the name of it. i think it was saftey first travel lite. If anyone can correct me that would be helpful too.

I hope I helped a little:wizard:

I am still leaning towards the Maclaren Volo. One of the features I like is the mesh seats, so if it gets wet, it should dry really quickly.

If thats what you are going for I say do it! You will never be disappointed with a maclaren:love:

I am still leaning towards the Maclaren Volo. One of the features I like is the mesh seats, so if it gets wet, it should dry really quickly.

That is an awesome feature! I wasn't wild about the mesh at first, but then we let him eat an ice cream cone in the stroller, and I'm sure you can imagine. We just hosed it off when we got home, and it was clean and dry in a few minutes. If only kids were that easy to clean off!

I loved the Volo on our trip to Disney. DS6 was 47" and about 47 lbs. He was able to sit in it comfortably, the sun shade is a pretty nice size and the mesh was cool and rinsed easily. Dried quickly if it got wet.

Thanks so much for all the replys. I thing you all have cemented what I really thought all along.

My four year old does not use a stroller regularly but we just bought a side by side double for disney wrold for my ds4 (42lbs) and my dd2 (27lbs). I bought the kolcraft jeep stroller. The weight limit is 35lbs each seat so i'm hoping what my son has extra will be made up for what my dd lacks. It doesn't really matter to me because i'm sure it will last just the week we are in disney and that's all i care about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter