Another stroller question, help!

Sonya

Kaki Gori veteran
We have a HUGE travel system by Baby Trend. I hate it! It is so heavy, but it has a nice basket and rides smooth.

We bought a Combi Savvy Soho for WDW next summer and love it! Lightweight, easy to fold, reclines, yes it has that "Combi loosness" but it is a sturdy little thing.

My problem is that I want the best of both worlds. The Combi isn't big enough for shopping, the basket space isn't big enough for my purse, his bag, and the few things we buy. However the BT is too big and heavy for my car. It is too big for my trunk and to get through the crowds inside the stores.

So here is what I want, a good quality, small stroller, with a big basket that reclines. I found this on line:
http://www.babyuniverse.com/pro.asp?id=45084
and:
http://www.babysupermall.com/main/products/com/com67000.html

Anyone have any good ideas? We don't have a lot of baby stores here so I think I haven't seen half of what is out there and I would like to test drive, or have somebody who has test driven, recomend!

I don't know about those strollers. But a word of caution. I bought a stroller from baby universe 2 weeks ago and asked for 2 day shipping (on Sunday night) The stroller came on day 6 not day 2 or 3. Then they weren't going to refund the extra I paid for the postage. Finally, they admited their mistake. But I wasn't going to be here for the delivery, so they said they would cancel my order per my request and credit my Visa. Well, I come home from my trip and the stroller is sitting in my driveway and the full charge (extra $28 for 2 day shipping and all) is still on my Visa. I've been fighting for the past week with them on the phone and still no resolutions yet. So that's my warning.

I ended up buying a replacement stroller from Target, since my order wasn't here in time for my trip. This is the one I got and I really like it. It's light and has a removeable tray. It has the one hand fold and stands by itself when it's folded. plus if you put the snack tray in the basket when you fold it down, it's even smaller.

saftey 1st stroller

Turnlisa,
We have the same stroller and I agree with you that t is perfect. It is a great stroller and an even better deal!

We also have the safety first stroller and we LOVE it! We plan on taking it with us to WDW. The basket underneath is huge, it's bigger than my old peg perego stroller basket. It can usually hold my purse, Dd's diapers bag, Dh's (big) planner and still has room leftover. Its nice and light, really easy to fold, and stands up after folding. I really like that the stroller can recline, has a child and a parents cup/snack tray and the nice roomy storage area underneath. My only complaint is that the parent tray is only big enough for one cup, unless you have small water bottles. I would really recommend it.

I'm not sure about the quality of Safty 1st. The things we have bought by them, mostly childproofing things, and I think things for bottles, have broken quickly. How long will the stroller last? We want it to last at least 2 years.

Sonya,

We have the Combi Tetra as our "main" stroller. It is still pretty heavy. I stopped using it about a year ago. Bought a cheap umbrella for the mall, but needed something "in between" for this trip to The World.

I purchased a Chicco London stroller at Value City (don't know if you have those out in KC, but they're a discounter). Anyway, very very happy with it and would highly recommend it. I purchased for $40.

Here are two links:

http://www.babyride.com/69477.html

http://products.consumerguide.com/cp/family/review/index.cfm/id/25948

I bought the red one (only choice at VC) and boy am I glad I did! It is so easy to find my stroller in the "sea of blue" outside of attractions!

Good Luck,

Mrs. PB

I remember seeing somewhere last week that Value City was advertising the London stroller for $40 again. :)

I just got a Chicco Citta Twin which is the double version of the London and so far, so good. :)

I don't know how long it will hold up, but so far so good. We bought the Kolcraft Escape. We love it and have retired our $180 stroller and use this one exclusively now. Here is a link to their website.

http://www.kolcraft.com/products/onthego2.cfm?id=140&p=lw

Here is a review of the stroller.

http://products.consumerguide.com/cp/family/review/index.cfm/id/27141

I bought mine in Orlando at K-Mart for $49.99. We drove and didn't have room to pack our stroller. We decided we would buy one and then donate it to someone when leaving. Well, we liked it so much that had the hotel store it until a friend went a few weeks later. They used it for their little girl and brought it back on the plane for us. It worked out wonderfully. It folds up with one hand. The back can recline, but it is held by a strap - I haven't had any complaints so far, though. In fact, if this one were to break tomorrow, I would buy another in a heartbeat.

One more thing. It seems to be very sturdy. There is a toy attached to the tray that is removeable. Well, my sister knocked it off and it went under the car. She forgot to pick it up and drove over it when she backed up. The toy did not even break!

HI there,
I'm new to the boards, but a "stroller freak", and wanted to point out that the stroller you already own, the Soho, folds very compactly, where the Tetra and Savona do not fold in the same way. When you fold your Soho, it folds "book" or "Z style", it folds over itself and then it can be further minimized by folding it into a "C". The Tetra and Savona only fold book/Z style, they do not have that "C" folding step, and therefore are much bigger and bulkier when folded. Don't know if this matters to you (it does to me, when it's for travelling at least), but I just wanted to point it out. It's so hard to figure out how a stroller folds just by seeing it online. If you need further help in your stroller search, feel free to visit a whole gaggle of Stroller Mamas on our mailing group. You can email me for the link. Good luck!

Jessica

jayemtee78 at yahoo.com

Sonya,
I was concerned with the quality of safety 1st as well, but our stroller has lasted. I thought we would have to replace it and my mind set was, we can just buy a new one if it breaks, it was only 40 bucks. We have had the same safety 1st stroller for almost three years and have used it on 5 Disney trips and many other smaller vacations. It has definitley gotten used and sometimes abused. It is still rolling strong. The only thing is....it is popular and many kids have it, so it can be hard to locate in the sea of strollers. We tied a bunch of ribbons on the handle on our first disney trip and they are still on there. It made it much easier to find, evertwhere we went! Good luck!

Thanks for the ideas everyone. We have already looked at the Kolcraft one and the Safty 1st one. Still looking for the Savona. Thanks for telling me about the website crl.

What this stroller will be is our main stroller, we are planning on using the Soho for Disney but we need one that is smaller and lighter than our Baby Trend for every day use.

I love my PegPerego Aria. Bigger basket than the Pliko and lighterweight. Has carry handle. Easy fold. Weighs about 9lbs. Haven't had it long so I can attest to longevity, but so far we are very happy. Sun shade is small - so we bought the kiddopatomus Ray Shade at BabiesRUs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter