Another refund question, sorry! Missing refund $ to U.K. bank account

LunaMini

Believing is just the beginning...
Morning all,

I’m hoping someone out there might have had a similar experience and might be able to help. I rang up and cancelled my September 21 cruise on 23rd January and was told my refund (deposit only) would arrive back within 7-10 days.
I waited that long and a little longer just to be sure and nothing. I even expected it to come back in odd amounts as I’d heard of that happening. I phoned DCL to see what was happening and they had it marked as refunded on 27th January and that I needed to contact my bank.
Chatted to bank online and they couldn’t see anything at a glance and that I needed to get back in touch with DCL and get a payment reference and then phone the international payments team. Back on the phone to DCL and the only number they could give me was a transaction number, I took it in the vain hope it might help.
More time on hold to the bank and they can’t find any transaction for my refund in $ anywhere that has anything to do with my bank account and the transaction number is only for DCL reference. My refund seems to have totally disappeared and neither party seem to be any good at finding it! I have emailed DCL as I’m so fed up of being on hold sorting things out and have asked for a “field 20” reference so that bank can try and locate the payment or for them to recall the refund and try again as it’s nowhere to be found.
Has anyone else ever had this issue getting $$ back to a U.K. bank account or am I just extremely unlucky? Anyone got any tips on how I can get my money back?

Reading your post, a question came to mind : how did you pay for your cruise ? You say you are looking for a transaction in your bank account, but DCL reimburses on the original form of paiement. Did you pay them through a direct transfer from your account or with a credit card ? If so, did you check that card ? When I asked for a refund, the CM mentioned where the money was going to go (the specific CC card used to make the deposit).

I agree you need to check the original payment method, not your bank account. I'm from Ireland and I had a cruise cancelled in May 2020. As I was paid in full I accepted the 125% FCC. However the port fees and tax were refunded back to my payment card within 2 weeks.

Reading your post, a question came to mind : how did you pay for your cruise ? You say you are looking for a transaction in your bank account, but DCL reimburses on the original form of paiement. Did you pay them through a direct transfer from your account or with a credit card ? If so, did you check that card ? When I asked for a refund, the CM mentioned where the money was going to go (the specific CC card used to make the deposit).

I used my debit card so it will be going straight back to my bank account via my card. I don’t own a CC so just used my debit card. The card number DCL quoted is the correct one.

I agree you need to check the original payment method, not your bank account. I'm from Ireland and I had a cruise cancelled in May 2020. As I was paid in full I accepted the 125% FCC. However the port fees and tax were refunded back to my payment card within 2 weeks.

It was my debit card which I used, meaning the funds would go back to my bank account.

I’m totally stumped as to where the money has gone.

That is horrible. I would continue to contact Disney. They should be responsible and I wonder if it was really sent or pocketed by someone there. Deposits aren’t pocket change. Good luck.

Did you ever get your money back?

After a lot of backwards and forwards. DCL we’re adamant they’d sent it, the bank were adamant that they don’t stop incoming payments. It was a real headache and I spent far to long in the phone!
I spoke to a supervisor at DCL who could only give me the information I already had (the date, time & transaction number) but wouldn’t email me any proof. She said that there was another customer that it turned up after a month of chasing.
my bank suggested opening a ‘non receipt of credit’ case. It turned up 2 days later.

After a lot of backwards and forwards. DCL we’re adamant they’d sent it, the bank were adamant that they don’t stop incoming payments. It was a real headache and I spent far to long in the phone!
I spoke to a supervisor at DCL who could only give me the information I already had (the date, time & transaction number) but wouldn’t email me any proof. She said that there was another customer that it turned up after a month of chasing.
my bank suggested opening a ‘non receipt of credit’ case. It turned up 2 days later.

So glad you got your money back. Thanks for updating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter