Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

I'd be remiss if I didn't show the Pups.. the enclosure is about 40' from the chicken coop. They have been watching the acclimation. Hopefully, once less attention is needed for the chicks, the pups will be happier.

Attachments

• 20240612_084533.jpg
    20240612_084533.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
We got out the fans today and put in the two a/c window units we have. Temps are predicted to be in the upper 90s on Wednesday and Thursday, 88 on Friday. Here's the catch: The motor for the air handling unit at work is dead. HVAC can't fix it. We are going to have no a/c for 10-12 WEEKS and then it'll take several weeks to install and get up and running. Airflow to the hoods in the labs is minimal, and of course the building is already uncomfortably warm. No lab on Wednesday or Thursday, and we are talking about canceling Friday's lab. I am also starting to worry about fall. The first few weeks of September are often pretty hot here. It's one thing when we have 13 students, quite another when we have 200. I'm thinking we might have to start the semester remotely, or in a hybrid model at the very least. Hey! At least we have experience in this, thanks to the pandemic! Right??!!

We got out the fans today and put in the two a/c window units we have. Temps are predicted to be in the upper 90s on Wednesday and Thursday, 88 on Friday. Here's the catch: The motor for the air handling unit at work is dead. HVAC can't fix it. We are going to have no a/c for 10-12 WEEKS and then it'll take several weeks to install and get up and running. Airflow to the hoods in the labs is minimal, and of course the building is already uncomfortably warm. No lab on Wednesday or Thursday, and we are talking about canceling Friday's lab. I am also starting to worry about fall. The first few weeks of September are often pretty hot here. It's one thing when we have 13 students, quite another when we have 200. I'm thinking we might have to start the semester remotely, or in a hybrid model at the very least. Hey! At least we have experience in this, thanks to the pandemic! Right??!!
Well that sounds miserable. Is it your decision to go remote? Why is it taking so long to get a new system installed? I say you start asking questions and maybe pound your fists on the desk! ;)

We're 93 with a heat index of 102 right now. I have to go to the barn daily for the next week or so to tend to a horse with an injury, so this heat wave can go kick rocks as far as I'm concerned. I think we're supposed to hit 97 so I guess it will feel like 106 or so before the day is done. This is typical for July and August, so a little early start this year.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter