Another lovely day in Oklahoma. . .

Glad that this thread makes it to Page One every now and then. It's been a crazy April for me but May probably won't be much uncrazier. Yes, Spell check underlined uncrazier but I really don't care right now.

Have some lung issues I'm dealing with and infusions that I will be starting soon. Not happy with this but not much I can do at this point if I want to experience "my future". Not looking for any sympathy from you great Aldio DISer's.....maybe just someone to share a rum and coke with......or a laugh. :)

I tell my family I don't know when I will leave (this earth) but I will be doing it fully experiencing life. And as one of my favorite recent bands (Fun) sings.....Carry On!! :teeth:
Sorry to hear this, Kitty. :hug:'s Pretend those infusions are rum and Coke. Prayers and good wishes follow you my friend. :hug:'s

Good song

I "liked" your post explaining whats going on kitty, meaning Im with you, not that I like whats happening :scared:
:thumbsup2 You're good, Jason.

You really didn't miss anything LowKey as this is the first I've written about this.:hug: I was diagnosed with a genetic lung disease (in March) called Alpha 1. Without these infusions my lungs keep deteriorating. I will have to do these infusions once a week forever, so I'm hoping I don't have any sickly side affects from them. :crazy2: This is where I need all the positive thoughts. ;)
Aww, Kitty, sending lots of good thoughts and a hug your way. I hope you find you feel better with the infusions.

Hi all,
I also am glad to see this thread pop up! :flower1: We are still opening boxes and getting settled into our apartment. The move turned out to be a very good decision. The medical care for dh here is wonderful. We've joined the zoo and museum and plan to stop by for short trips now and then.
Sending a friendly wave to all the ALDIO buddies! :sunny:

Hi fellow citizens of ALDIO! Haven't been around too much as we've just returned from WDW. Getting back in the cyber saddle now to get caught up. Good to see everyone checking in though the news from Kitty is a concern. First order of biz is a :hug: for Kitty to feel better. In a rare instance of good-timing, our new roof was installed while we were out of town so we were spared a couple of days of incessant hammering over head. Everyone ready for Cinco de Mayo?:teeth:

Hi fellow citizens of ALDIO! Haven't been around too much as we've just returned from WDW. Getting back in the cyber saddle now to get caught up. Good to see everyone checking in though the news from Kitty is a concern. First order of biz is a :hug: for Kitty to feel better. In a rare instance of good-timing, our new roof was installed while we were out of town so we were spared a couple of days of incessant hammering over head. Everyone ready for Cinco de Mayo?:teeth:
Welcome back, Ron. Hope you had a great time with your girls and grandkids.

And nothing wrong about missing the hammering. :badpc:

NO FAIR! You got to go out of town. We have yet to get ours done, as there were many roofs affected by the storm we had. We'll be staying home, and hunkered down in the basement (quiet there) with "Charlie" 'cause HE HATES EXCESSIVE noise.

IMG_00000042.jpg
Charlie

Last edited:
Micca....welcome back from WDW. I'm sure you had a magical time. pixiedust:

Gywnne....nice to see you back here. I think of you often and am so glad your DH and you have been satisfied with his health care......I think sometimes that's half the battle. :hug:

NFLDERS.......sending hugs and lots of pet pats to Charlie. :hug:

Thank you ALDIO DISers for all the well wishes. I will keep you updated........

Making enchiladas tomorrow to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

And May the 4th be with all my buddies!! :yoda::yay::yoda:

I need a holiday!

If we're talking holiday like a vacation I can't help with that. If we're talking holiday like a special day, it is mother's day on Sunday. Pretty sure there a quite a few moms/mums here in ALDIO, any special plans?

If we're talking holiday like a vacation I can't help with that. If we're talking holiday like a special day, it is mother's day on Sunday. Pretty sure there a quite a few moms/mums here in ALDIO, any special plans?

I need both! Mother's Day, chinese restaurant & the movie "Snatched" in my plans. :)

Micca:. What are you doing for Mother's Day? :)

Last edited:
Kitty - wishes, thoughts & prayers.

YOU need a holiday! With all due respect... I NEED A HOLIDAY!!

And we are on holiday. So hello from the RCL Allure of the Seas. It was sunny & 84 in San Juan. It was e en sunnier yesterday in St Maarten. Tomorrow Haiti!!!!

My DH is currently on his4th trip down the zip line. I'm currently on my 4th rum punch:drinking1:boat:

Kitty - wishes, thoughts & prayers.

And we are on holiday. So hello from the RCL Allure of the Seas. It was sunny & 84 in San Juan. It was e en sunnier yesterday in St Maarten. Tomorrow Haiti!!!!

My DH is currently on his4th trip down the zip line. I'm currently on my 4th rum punch:drinking1:boat:

Great to read! Did your DGD go with you? (Signature)

Had my first out of many infusions (every Wed) to come yesterday. It went fairly well. Last night was a little tough but that might have been an anxiety attack, who knows.

I still appreciate all the well wishes everyone. :hug: These infusions aren't going to cure my (already) bad lungs but it'll keep my lungs from getting worse for awhile.

And Merchand63.....I'll join you in one of those rum and cokes or punch. ;) :drinking1

Great to read! Did your DGD go with you? (Signature)

Not this one, just us. Little recharging of us:oops::oops: we are doing family cruise next April 29, 11 of us with 4 DGDs under 9!!!

Had my first out of many infusions (every Wed) to come yesterday. It went fairly well. Last night was a little tough but that might have been an anxiety attack, who knows.

I still appreciate all the well wishes everyone. :hug: These infusions aren't going to cure my (already) bad lungs but it'll keep my lungs from getting worse for awhile.

And Merchand63.....I'll join you in one of those rum and cokes or punch. ;) :drinking1

Well then I'll order one for me & one for you, never want to drink alone:rotfl:

Not this one, just us. Little recharging of us:oops::oops: we are doing family cruise next April 29, 11 of us with 4 DGDs under 9!!!

Well then I'll order one for me & one for you, never want to drink alone:rotfl:

Thank you, I appreciate it. And as far as DGDs go.......my sister has 7 grandkids under 9 and they LOVE to play in Gramma Kitty's yard right next door. :)

Micca:. What are you doing for Mother's Day?
I'm up for anything but the mothers (DW & DD) I think would prefer to keep it low key. DW was out of town on biz this week and DD is trying to get the school year wrapped up in a couple of weeks. My DGD told me that "Mommy wants to sleep-in and have breakfast in bed.":)
My DH is currently on his4th trip down the zip line. I'm currently on my 4th rum punch
I like your plan better than the zip line.;) BTW, "Rum punch" is Mary Poppins' favorite medicine flavor. To be like Mary be sure to roll your Rrrrrrrrrs.;)
Had my first out of many infusions (every Wed) to come yesterday
I'm not sure what all that entails but I hope it's not painful & doesn't take too much time away from happier things.:hug: Maybe we should start commemorating Thursdays for you! As a friend of mine used to say "Sure happy it's Thursday!":scratchin

Mothers Day is Sunday here as well. I just want to sleep in and not have any squabbling that day which is probably what every other mother in the world wants ;)

My kids went shopping last weekend for a gift. It's always interesting what I receive - and I treasure every single thing. The year before last I got a big metal pig, dunno if the little brats were trying to tell me anything :D

Hope you're feeling better today Kitty xx

upload_2017-5-12_15-1-37.jpeg

I just want to sleep in and not have any squabbling that day

Yeah this is what my DD needs for mothers day. She has a 4.5 yr. old that will not let her have a moment's rest, yet the tyke is fine when mommy isn't around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter