Another Car rental glitch-Now Fixed!!

Thanks Wayne, I have just been through the 14 pages :scared1: and seen that you need to call Expedia to get them to check with Hertz. Even losing the Quidco cashback, this is still a very good offer.

Expedia/Hertz would be a lot cheaper for us, but Hertz is off site. We will have two car seats, double buggy, luggage, 6 year old, 2 year old and newborn about 2/3 months. I do not fancy getting on a minibus with them and off again. Anyone know of a cheap car hire at MCO airport? Going on the 28th Dec for 17 nights, need a 7 seater.

Are you both planning to drive? If not, I'd be inclined to send the main driver to pick the car up and then come back to arrivals for you!!!

Hopefully, it will be back onsite by then!

Are you both planning to drive? If not, I'd be inclined to send the main driver to pick the car up and then come back to arrivals for you!!!

Hopefully, it will be back onsite by then!

if you are staying onsite get ME and then send driver to fetch car.
kids will love ME cartoons on all the way there so they ll behave;)
tracy

On the first expedia page where you put in your dates instead of leaving it as any vehicle i clicked onto full size, gave me a lot more options than leaving it on no preference :thumbsup2.

The 7 seater that we have already got booked shows up aswell - that was even cheaper £265 for 27 days, but thought we would splash out on the extra space !

Hi,
I can't find the 7 seaters'. Can you please tell me what I should be doing?
Thanks!

Jules x

if you are staying onsite get ME and then send driver to fetch car.
kids will love ME cartoons on all the way there so they ll behave;)
tracy

We might still do it as it save us a lot of money. As we have to put all the cases, car seats on the belt again once we clear customs (unable to carry them on the monorail with the children), it might be quicker for the driver to go straight to Hertz and come back to the airport. The cases should of arrived downstairs by the time he returns.
We are staying in a villa.
Barbara

We might still do it as it save us a lot of money. As we have to put all the cases, car seats on the belt again once we clear customs (unable to carry them on the monorail with the children), it might be quicker for the driver to go straight to Hertz and come back to the airport. The cases should of arrived downstairs by the time he returns.
We are staying in a villa.
Barbara

we did this last year, given our kids are alot older (5,8 and 10 last trip) i took the 2 youngest to croc shop at mco to get new crocs, then got on the ME, dh went with oldest ds and got car, we got to pors about 30 mins before him (~he stopped at walmart for boosters and some bits.
HTH
tracy

Just noticed that i can get the same deal if i pick up at one of their other locations which would be easier for us.

The address is 8623 VINELAND AVE, it doesnt look that far on a map to me? Does anyone know how long it would take in a taxi from the beach club? Would it cost a fortune?

We have booked, cost for 7 seater £404. Saved £154. If Hertz do not move to MCO cancellation fee is £25 with Expedia.

Its there for your dates Jules
Mini Van Hertz £271.88 Select
Toyota Sienna or similar, 4 doors, 7 adult(s), 3 large suitcase(s), 3 carry-on(s).

Sorry to be a pain, but do you have a link please? I have gone into 'full size', and there isn't 'mini van' only 'full-size van'

Thanks,

Jules x

Hi,sorry,Im stoooopid.

Am I lookin at Expedia.co.uk then car hire ???

Sorry to be a pain, but do you have a link please? I have gone into 'full size', and there isn't 'mini van' only 'full-size van'

Thanks,

Jules x
Thats your problem, don't select full size, search no preference, it should be the 1st one in the section heading "Total price from £271.88 to £315.74"

Hi,sorry,Im stoooopid.

Am I lookin at Expedia.co.uk then car hire ???

Yes:thumbsup2

Wayne, you star!:thanks:
Now one more question! When you say there is a charge for not getting the car back on time, does that include if you get it back early? Our flight is 3ish, so do I put down 2pm for return, as we will def be back by then, or nearer to the actual time we should be there? Hope that makes sense!

Jules x

Saw this fantastic post (thanks) and checked the deal was still available....it was!

Sadly, it won't let me pick up and drop off at a different location (arrive Miami/depart Orlando). I called Expedia and they informed me that I can't do that when booking any car hire via Expedia....:confused3

Never mind. Pretty fed up but good luck to those who can pick up and drop off at the same location.

At the moment I can only book for 4 days as we are going March 2011 but it's only 30 pounds for a mid size!!! We are staying at the Board walk will Hertz provide a pick up service

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter