Another birthday question

PiperPizzaz

DIS Veteran
We are going to be in WDW for my Ds's 2nd bday. We are having breakfast at CP and dinner at Garden Grill (he loves characters). We won't be having a bday party for him at home. I am sure he will get to pick out at least one souveneir. My question is would you do anything else? I kind of feel bad we aren't going to have a party. What about a gift. Part of me says get him something but, the other part says "we will be at WDW AND he will get stuff what more could a kid want?"

I don't know, am I being silly?

My older dd turned 5 while we were there in January. On her actual bday, we had breakfast at CRT, hair at BBB, and dinner with Cinderella at 1900 Park Fare. We did not give her any presents, although we certainly spoiled her rotten that day!! (And throughout the trip.) We did allow her to pick out a few things at the Princess Shop as well, so her birthday was not forgotten!

We confused the heck out of my 2-year old with how many times he celebrated his b-day/got gifts...About a month early with one set of grandparents, a month late with another, a little party with some friends the day before his birthday... We only gave him one gift on his actual b-day, and he definitely didn't care! Personally, I think it's fun to have something to unwrap that day, but you could just bring something really little and tell him he has more gifts waiting for him when he gets home - which also gives something to look forward to after Disney! We're spending his 3rd b-day at Disney, and that will be most of his gift from us next year...can't wait!

Oh - another thought - have you seen the Disney Mr. Potato Head stuff? They have the biggest selection at DTD, but have some at all the parks. You get a box and can stuff it full of Disney accessories for $20. DS *loves* his. We brought a head from home, since that takes a lot of space in the box. Anyways, that might be a cool b-day gift he could pick out while he's there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter