Another 2008 fall trip-10/3-10/9

i tried the tonga toast years ago and i am in the minority.

i just don't like it.
will never try it again.

i will look up their menu.

you kind of hate to admit on the threads some traditional disney foods you don't like.

i tried the tonga toast years ago and i am in the minority.

i just don't like it.
will never try it again.

i will look up their menu.

you kind of hate to admit on the threads some traditional disney foods you don't like.

I'll join you in that minority - I though it was awful! I really did love their cappuccinos though :thumbsup2

i have a adr for ohanas that night for 7:05
wanna join in?

Ohanas sounds good; I haven't been there for 6-7 years (The menu has changed twice, I think??).

I haven't done any ADRs for my solo week or the family week. My niece made some for the family week, but most are breakfast ones: Ohanas, Akerkus, Boma and Tony's Magical Gathering and Brown Derby for dinner one night. I think that we are planning MNSSHP for 9/30----waiting to see if that is the DVC discount night. Seems like for most other meals I will be on my own :confused3 ....but I do want to spend some time at the F&WF since I will be so close staying at BCV. :love:

Thanks for the invitation, Cindy

I made the ADR for breakfast. Ressies are for six folks but that can always be changed.

Hmmm...looking at the menu, there isn't much choice. Surely, there will be some additions, right? It was rumored to be a blend of Southeast Asian, Mediterranean, North American, and Western European cuisine. That menu sounds like something from a health food store.

This will be our last sit down meal before we head home. I guess I'll have to wait for a few reviews to see if I should rethink my plans.

OK folks - it's been quiet here lately. The Wave opens today so we shoud start to see reviews on The DIS shortly. Found this expanded menu on another thread:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wave - Breakfast Menu

Non-Alcoholic Specialties
Pirate’s Punch
Minute Maid Light Raspberry Lemonade served in a
souvenir Pirate Cup with a glowing Tinker Bell or
Captain Hook Clip-on Light 6.49

Mega-Berry Smoothie
Raspberry Purée and Nonfat Yogurt blended with Odwalla
Berries GoMega (an excellent source of Omega-3) 4.29

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie
A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Nonfat Yogurt, and
Odwalla Super Protein Original 4.29

Bossa Nova® Açai Juice
Organic Juice produced from wild-harvested Açai
and lightly sweetened with Agave Nectar 4.29

Odwalla® Super Protein® Original
Contains heart-healthy Soy Protein, 8 essential
Amino Acids, and crucial Vitamins and
Minerals 3.99

Odwalla® Berries GoMega®
An excellent source of Omega-3 and Fiber 3.99

Wake-up Call
Pure Sunshine
Purus Organic Vodka and Orange Juice topped with a splash of
Vitamin Energy Drink containing B & C Vitamins for metabolic
energy, Natural Caffeine for immediate energy and Ribose for
sustained energy 9.25

Ultimate Bloody Mary
Purus Organic Vodka, spicy Bloody Mary Mix, and a dash of
Hot Red Chili Sauce 9.25

Pomegranate Splash
Skyy Citrus Vodka, PAMA Pomegranate Liqueur,
Cranberry Juice, and Soda Water 8.25

Beverages
Organic Columbian Coffee 2.19
“Mesa de los Santos” is produced in Los Santos in eastern Colombia.
This well-balanced Colombian Estate coffee is shade-grown, certified
organic, and bird-friendly. This medium-bodied coffee has a sweet
Caramel start with lasting Chocolate notes.

Organic Specialties
Espresso 3.19 Cappuccino or Latte 3.69 Café Mocha 4.19
Whole Leaf Premium Silk Sachet Hot Tea 2.19

Organic Breakfast
Long Life Green
Lavender Earl Grey
Monsoon Chai
Chamomile Blossoms*
Vanilla Roobios*
Energy Tea*
Relax Tea* * No Caffeine
Juices 2.29 Whole Milk, Chocolate, or Skim 2.19 Soy 2.29

Bottled Waters
Evian 750 mL 6.50 Serves Two
Perrier 750 mL 6.50 Serves Two

Appetizers
Smoked Salmon with accompaniments 9.99
Fresh Fruit Plate 7.29

Continental Breakfast
Pastry selection with your choice of Coffee or Tea
and a choice of Juice 7.29

Entrées
American
Two Eggs with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage 13.99

Ham and Cheese Omelet
served with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit 11.49

Eggs Benedict
served with a Choron Sauce 10.99
served with a Petit Filet 17.99

Southern
Scrambled Eggs with Smoked Pork Loin and a Biscuit 11.49

Spinach, Tomato, and Onion Omelet
served with Breakfast Potatoes and a Biscuit 9.49

Multigrain Pancakes
with Fruit Compote with a splash of Açai Juice and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage 11.99

Multigrain French Toast
with Fruit Compote with a splash of Açai Juice and choice of Bacon, Sausage, or Chicken Sausage 11.99

Multigrain Mickey-shaped Waffles

Make your own Wave Muesli
Seasonal Fruit, Whole Grains, Yogurt, Sun-dried Fruit, and Walnuts 9.99

Scrambled Eggs
with Spinach, Feta, Breakfast Potatoes, and a Biscuit 8.49

Sides
Multigrain Muffin 3.29
Bacon or Sausage 3.59
Danish or Croissant 3.49
Smoked Pork Loin 3.49
House-made Granola
with seasonal Fruit and Yogurt 4.49
Chicken Sausage 5.99

i am having a difficult time getting back to this thread.

i have not received any of my subscription notification from the dis in about 2.5 weeks.

anyone else having the same problem?

Hi Beth,
I have been getting subscription notifications although there hasn't been too much activity on this thread lately.
Have you been able to put together a schedule? I haven't been thinking too much about this trip since I will be at WDW next week and I've been planning that trip. After I return, I'll focus more on the fall trip.

i am having a difficult time getting back to this thread.

i have not received any of my subscription notification from the dis in about 2.5 weeks.

anyone else having the same problem?

Beth, I always turn off the e-mail notification for subscribed threads so I can't tell you if they are having a problem or not. Here is how I check for new message to the threads I'm following:

Go to the top of the page and look for a feature called Quick Links (second from the right)

Click on that you you'll get a drop down menu. The third from the bottom is Subscribed Threads. Click on that and it will bring up all the message to which you are subscribed. The ones with recent activitiy will be listed first and will be bolded.

Hope this helps! Can't wait to meet everyone in just over three months!!

thank you.

i did that and most of my subscriptions are listed there.

this one and the chgo thread was not.

oh snap.

Hi Cindy,
I was thinking that myself. But I think that most of our ADRs are made as are plans for MNSSHP and Party for the Senses.
Beth, were you able to put together your park schedule?

I'm on board. Anxiously awaiting the release of the F&W details (got my dialing finger and credit card handy!)

Are we still doing DHS the morning of the PFTS? I'm trying to figure out how early to go back to Pop and clean up for the event. What time do we need to queue up before the party?

Hi Everyone,
Beth mentioned to me that she got a call from Disney regarding the Garden Grill lunch. Disney dining has cancelled that lunch and Beth will make a new ADR somewhere else.
For those of you who were planning to attend, please post with your suggestions for a different restaurant. Thanks.

Hi everyone,
I posted a couple of hours ago but for some reason, the post doesn't appear. Sorry if this is a duplicate.
Beth told me that she got a call cancelling the Garden Grill lunch. For those of you who planned to attend that lunch, could you post with suggestions for other restaurants. thanks.

Sorry. I have no input here as I'm leaving on the 5th. But, I just wanted to say that I'm impatiently awaiting the release of the F&W details by Disney. And, I'm really looking forward to hanging out with everyone at PFTS!

I have a question for those of you going the first part of October? Is anyone going to be staying at Pop Century any time between 10/5 and 10/13? I'm in a fridge swap and we check out on the 5th. After me, no one has it until 10/13. If you're interested let me know and I'll point you in the right direction.

BTW - it is one of the larger fridges with a freezer. And, has a Seseo coffee maker and toaster included.

Hi Ladies,

Up in the air plans to be at WDW 10/5 - 10/9. I was supposed to be going with a friend for the FW at Epcot but things could change for her. I still have the room and haven't cancelled so I might be going solo. Still need air so if I go it might be fun to meet up and go to MNSSHP . Will check this thread again to see what's up. Have a great trip! :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter