Annual-Salvia

Mamu

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Salvia-This is one annual that I love. While at Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival one year they had a bed with mixed salvia, it left quite an impression on me and I have since planted mixed salvia in a bed.

Salvia like sun and ordinary soil enriched with compost. It grows in heights of 6-20 inches. With colors of whites, pinks, blues, purples and the most common red. The foliage reminds me of mint with stems of trumpet like flowers. As the flowers fade remove the stems. This will encourage new flowers to grow. Red Salvia are a favorite of Hummingbirds.

Salvia is a great plant mixed with other flowers. The reds are a great plant for making a Patriotic red-white-blue garden.

Salvia

Salvia is a great plant to add color to any flower bed. I have a perennial salvia on my patio called blue night, which is a very, very deep blue almost black.

The color choices are spectacular! And it is a very easy plant to grow. Mamu, I bet your bed is beautiful! Now if I could just get my beds to look like the ones at Epcot! :D

Showcasing different annuals and perennials is an inspired idea Mamu!! :)

I also love annual salvia. I've always found it to be reliable and it looks great, whether as a filler, or showing off in it's own bed. :)

Thanks Mamu!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter