###Annual Regift Exchange sent/received###.....COMPLETED!!

It's like a Samaritan's Purse box. I don't know if you are familar with it either. It's where you get a shoebox and fill it with goodies for children that might not get a Christmas. You pick the age group and sex of the child you want it to go to. If you use a regular shoebox, you wrap the outside with Christmas wrap. I prefer to use the plastic shoeboxes since they would last longer. The Samaritan Purse shoeboxes go to children in other countries but I think that the Magi boxes also go to children here in the states.

Thanks Kirby - what a nice thing to do!

I recieved my package from Meriweather, it had crazy things in it

A mickey polo shirt, very cool.
blue light up luggage tag thing that looked like police lights
cards with electric components on them
An astronaut
An LSU pen
Teeny tiny notepads and pens
coffee and a french press type much (very awesome)
a book about birdwatching
there was more stuff, but I opened it with my friends and they pilfered stuff.

Thanks!!
My package is on it's way.

Glad it arrived alright. Hope you found some useful things in there.....and nice of you to share with your friends :rotfl:

I found something else that I wanted to send to my person so another box will go out tomorrow :) It didn't fit in any of the boxes that I had but I found a creative solution I think. :thumbsup2

Let's try again. Internet died during last post.

Thank you so much DJT for the wonderful package.

M&M snack packs (dd ate already)
Angel Christmas Mug (box for next year)
Gingerbread cookie (I ate already:lmao:)
Cars and Toy Story pens (found new home)
Aero bed sleep mask (undecided)
2009 Disney glass ornament (not going anywhere. mine mine mine)
Snowman candle ornament (box for next year)
Earings (daughter is waffling on theese)
Porcelain drum ornament (not sure yet)
Bath & Body Works Hand gel - sweet pea, pomegrante & Honeysuckle (into the pocketbook)
Snowman magnetic frame (box for next year)
Cars address book (found new home)
Disney Pooh cold pack (1yr old nephew)
Snowman Candle Jar Topper (on my pineapple YC right now)

I think that this is everything.

Super package lots for me to use this year. :love:

You're welcome. I'm glad you could use some and distribute some. Oh, and save some for next year! :goodvibes

How was the trip, Bobbi?

It was wonderful! We sure do wish it had been warmer. Temps were as low as mid-twenties in the night/early mornings.

We did a Pirate Dessert Wishes Cruise, one crisp cold evening and that was a highlight for the adults and children.

DH&DSis were so happy with the family 5K event that we've all decided to have even more people try to do it in 2012! (See not only Disboard Exchangers can plan so far ahead!)

Since it was cold, the manatees out in the wild really migrate toward the warm springs. DS and I took the DGC to Blue Springs SP in Orange City FL on Sunday. That morning 302 manatees were counted. We got there around 4 PM and for sure, we saw at least 100. We were all thrilled. The number of people at the park showed just how many people care about them. They are treasures! DDiL:hug: couldn't fit in the car (we had 2 cars, and had come from a day trip to Nocotee, the area they may relocate to) and she insisted that I be the one to show them to the DGC. I was so happy!:lovestruc

Bobbi:goodvibes

My package from mommytotwo arrived today.

It has "Fragile!!! Handle with care!!!" all over it.

It's like that made it a target or something. :confused3:headache:Stupid USPS.
It is bashed in on two corners - opposite ones. And they nicely stamped it "received in damaged condition" like that makes it all okay. :mad:

The DVD - Miss Congeniality and the bath gift set are fine.
The box inside the box however is full of little green shards. I'm pretty sure it was a "Green Fees Bank" because that is what the box says. ;) With a cork used somehow.

The post office won't do anything though, because it wasn't insured. Their hands are "clean".

No worries Patsy though. I've had plenty of wonderful exchanges from you. I probably would have passed the bank on anyway. :lmao::lmao:

Thank you for the other items.

My package is on it's way, hopefully it arrives unbroken. I didn't mark it as fragile, so I'm hoping it's handle with care, as AlexWyattMommy mentioned if it's marked then that's a target, so I'm hoping it arrives unbroken. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I

DH&DSis were so happy with the family 5K event that we've all decided to have even more people try to do it in 2012! (See not only Disboard Exchangers can plan so far ahead!)

Glad you had a great time....even with the cold temps.

I have a Jan. 2012 trip planned too :yay:
What days is the family 5K.
BFF and I are doing another birthday trip that year.

the mailings are moving right along....only 5 more to be mailed :yay: Great going!!

Only 14 here right now. :sad2: I did head over to the 24/7 automated post office machine earlier today and mailed my package so it should go out tomorrow bright and early and be received by Wednesday (or maybe even Tuesday ;) considering the distance it has to travel. :thumbsup2 Probably wishful thinking! )
Wed it is! :thumbsup2 Thanks! You sure packed a lot of stuff in there. I had to hide the whole box from DD so she didn't take anything before I post everything I received. :laughing:

Your note was the funniest! No, I don't have a dog, but my neighbor does. And yes, I did see 1 or 2 things in there that I may have sent you before. :rotfl: No worries on the allergies or candy tho! :rotfl2:

Here's what I got (in no particular order), hopefully I list everything:

Set of 2 snowflake tea light holders, very pretty, and I think they're good for votives too!
2010 angel datebook
Burt's Bees buttermilk bath
2 pairs of Christmas socks, penguins and Noel, cute
Reindeer antlers and scarf for pet - will pass that on ;)
plush Santa hat
Santa & reindeer shelf sitters - very cute! (they're legs will dangle over the side of the shelf)
Burt's Bees gloves - help me here - are these gardening gloves, shower gloves, I'm just not sure? :confused3
a box of Chamomile tea - for my boss :laughing:
A snowman ornament and small snowman ceramic plate - love my snowmen!
Burt's Bees bath pouffie
Burt's Bees lip gloss - I see DD taking this!
Christmas tree candle snuffer - very handy for my YCs!
small box of Russell Stover chocolates - eating a piece right now!
Burt's Bees small purse - gonna put the pouffie and lip gloss in there for DD ;)
A boot knick knack that, sorry, I have no use for :laughing: (Tell me this is the 'gift that keeps being passed?) :confused3
a musical Christmas pen - this is cute!
some candy canes
and, I think 2 items I sent to you at some time:
a snowman pencil
and Mickey in stocking antenna topper

Not sad to see them return either! :rotfl:

I think I got it all!

Thanks Dede! Great package! :thumbsup2

Wed it is! :thumbsup2 Thanks! You sure packed a lot of stuff in there. I had to hide the whole box from DD so she didn't take anything before I post everything I received. :laughing:

Your note was the funniest! No, I don't have a dog, but my neighbor does. And yes, I did see 1 or 2 things in there that I may have sent you before. :rotfl: No worries on the allergies or candy tho! :rotfl2:

Here's what I got (in no particular order), hopefully I list everything:

Set of 2 snowflake tea light holders, very pretty, and I think they're good for votives too!
2010 angel datebook
Burt's Bees buttermilk bath
2 pairs of Christmas socks, penguins and Noel, cute
Reindeer antlers and scarf for pet - will pass that on ;)
plush Santa hat
Santa & reindeer shelf sitters - very cute! (they're legs will dangle over the side of the shelf)
Burt's Bees gloves - help me here - are these gardening gloves, shower gloves, I'm just not sure? :confused3
a box of Chamomile tea - for my boss :laughing:
A snowman ornament and small snowman ceramic plate - love my snowmen!
Burt's Bees bath pouffie
Burt's Bees lip gloss - I see DD taking this!
Christmas tree candle snuffer - very handy for my YCs!
small box of Russell Stover chocolates - eating a piece right now!
Burt's Bees small purse - gonna put the pouffie and lip gloss in there for DD ;)
A boot knick knack that, sorry, I have no use for :laughing: (Tell me this is the 'gift that keeps being passed?) :confused3
a musical Christmas pen - this is cute!
some candy canes
and, I think 2 items I sent to you at some time:
a snowman pencil
and Mickey in stocking antenna topper

Not sad to see them return either! :rotfl:

I think I got it all!

Thanks Dede! Great package! :thumbsup2

:yay: You are very welcome and so glad you enjoyed the contents! As for the boot.... :lmao: I volunteer at a hospital and at our Christmas party, we had a white elephant exchange. I was given the boot. And like you, I said, "A boot?!? What will I do with this boot?!" Then I saw the regift exchange and I knew. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: I think we could definitely use it to take Velveeta's place, don't you? ::yes::

And the Burt's Bees gloves? :confused3 I think they're gardening gloves. :laughing: They came in a gift set along with the other Burt's Bees items. They have such a good tread on them that maybe they can be used to open jars! :rotfl:

Lucky me~~I found a whole lot more great stuff ;) so I hope Nancy will have another regift exchange in the near future. :dance3: This was my first regift exchange and won't be my last!

I know what the perpetual regift is but haven't seen it show up yet. The boot would be fun to have as one also!

The perpetual regift was mailed yesterday, so it should arrive to the lucky person in a day or two.
There could very well be more that just keep going and going, there are just some things that no one will ever want!! :rotfl:

I think there will be another regift exchange the end of June or early July....so start saving for that one!! (I have a few items already :rolleyes: )

My package is on the way. I was not able to send it priority, so it will be a week before it gets there. Priority was going to cost me $25 where parcel was $13. I did buy delivery confirmation. I asked why the huge difference is cost, and the postman said that it was due to the size and weight of the box.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter