Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they will open up AP registration earlier than CMs considering CMs likely
live there and won’t need to consider travel plans? And the largest complaint from APs I have seen is that many local AP holders don’t have platinum because they have more options at lower price points to choose from? That would be nice if Disney allowed a longer period for those of us making travel plans for sure!
THIS!! They could still offer registration earlier for AP, but the actual event will be after CM preview. However, that’s taking into account that Disney cares about giving APs enough time to arrange travel plans. They would certainly get more $$ from me that I wasn’t expecting to spend due to an “unplanned” visit.

I'm an out of country annual pass holder, planning a trip specifically for this preview. I'm watching flight costs and hotel costs, and getting discouraged at the uncertainty. For the Pandora preview, we were able to book a flight and hotel several weeks before the preview since registration was released earlier. Do we really think that registration may not take place until after July 22nd? I'm starting to think we may not be able to make this work since it will be so incredibly last minute. I'm not willing to book a flight without knowing exact dates. :(

While it would be very nice I don't think the time to needed for an AP to make travel plans is even in their minds when making their plans and announcements for this.
Agree .. this is a "nice to have" bonus .. if they opened up registrations the day before, Disney wouldn't care that someone from Minnesota can't make it at the last minute. This is mainly to allow them a soft opening before the grand (in front of the media) opening. They don't "care" if someone that lives more than a days drive can't make, there are probably plenty of APs that live within driving distance (or already have vacations during that week) to server their purposes of testing out the land and training their CMs with live guests.

I'm an out of country annual pass holder, planning a trip specifically for this preview. I'm watching flight costs and hotel costs, and getting discouraged at the uncertainty. For the Pandora preview, we were able to book a flight and hotel several weeks before the preview since registration was released earlier. Do we really think that registration may not take place until after July 22nd? I'm starting to think we may not be able to make this work since it will be so incredibly last minute. I'm not willing to book a flight without knowing exact dates. :(
While it's still anyone's guess right now, yeah, I'm banking on the AP registration being after the CM registration begins. I still agree with many others that they are waiting on the date it's more "good to go for public consumption" to announce the AP sign-ups. It doesn't have to be in public readiness condition for CM to go

We are currently booked to fly in and check in on 8/27. I booked this when the summer promo originally ended in Sept (or whenever it was), before they announced that GE opened on 8/29. 8/28 is my birthday and we always book a trip for then. When they changed the summer promo validity dates it meant I can't alter that stay online. Plus, there's an AP deal that ends on the 28th so I went on and booked a 2nd stay, same resort, to begin on the 23rd. At least it's a better deal than the old Summer promo my original stay is booked with. Still hoping they release an AP promo here soon for the 28th and on.
We aren't moving flights till we know something concrete.

I don’t see them overlapping both previews and that’s too late for us. I always figured it was a long shot anyway. I’ll still keep an eye out, but no more stalking for me. Chances are too slim to make it worth it.

A friend of mine took screenshots of the HUB info. CM will have to choose from 1 of 3 different experiences (this will keep the lines for Savi and Oga's down) . 4 hour slots are available, and CM plus 1 guest only
View attachment 416616
View attachment 416617
View attachment 416618
View attachment 416619
Curious. So there's an option to specifically book to go to Oga's. To me, that means if you book one of the others you can't go to Oga's.

ETA - I hope the AP previews are not like this. I don't really want to limit my choices if possible. Well, at least not limit to do I want Oga's or not. I'm not after a time to build a lightsaber so I'm good to pass on that one. It would make sense for them to include that option at sign ups

Last edited:
I don’t see them overlapping both previews and that’s too late for us. I always figured it was a long shot anyway. I’ll still keep an eye out, but no more stalking for me. Chances are too slim to make it worth it.
Yeah, now that we have timeslots, I'd agree. I don't see them overlapping with those time slots available. There's no time left in the day and I don't see them intermingling both AP and CM at the same time slots.

No stalking here either but I will keep tabs to see who in here who has been waiting gets to do the previews. I am rooting for y'all!! :flower1:

So .. since they announce details and a registration date for CMs .. is that different from past previews (like Pandora?). In other words .. will they give us a "registration date" or will we just continue to wait to get an e-mail on some magical day/time to start the registration process?

So .. since they announce details and a registration date for CMs .. is that different from past previews (like Pandora?). In other words .. will they give us a "registration date" or will we just continue to wait to get an e-mail on some magical day/time to start the registration process?
The announcement of the AP preview in and of itself is different from the past. There's never been weeks between their saying "hey AP, you are going to be a preview" and the registration starting. So this is all new ground and makes any past comparison about impossible.

The announcement of the AP preview in and of itself is different from the past. There's never been weeks between their saying "hey AP, you are going to be a preview" and the registration starting. So this is all new ground and makes any past comparison about impossible.
Well that gives me hope that we'll get something like the CMs just got. An announcement, with details, dates, time slots and a registration date ..... ANYTHING to stop this "stalking" and waiting to "jump" at the registration the second it mysteriously drops.

Just with likes to this post so it doesn't become pages of "me" how many are actually planning a trip just because of the announcement of AP previews and with smiley faces to this post how many already had a trip booked for the August expected timeframe that are planning on doing the previews?
I had some meetings this morning and looks like I missed alot!!
I have a trip booked for opening day (booked it back when the opening date was announced). But with the chatter a few weeks about around AP previews, I booked another room for August 21st to 27th and will adjust that when/if I get to go to the preview and cancel my trip booked from August 28th - 31st.
I also happened to have a trip booked for Dec 5-9th so I was pretty ecstatic with the ROTR announcement yesterday!

@yulilin3's CM preview screenshots are super helpful. Thank you! With all those time slots taking up pretty much the entire day or a substantial portion from Aug 1 - 16, I don't see them overlapping the AP previews with CM previews. Second, perhaps part of the delay in AP signups is that we'll also have to select what we are doing in the land - just Falcon, or Falcon and Oga or Falcon and Savi. That sounds more complex in building the options than just the "sign up here."

Well, with what @yulilin3 just posted I think it's safe to say this will be CM ONLY with no overlapping. So that answers that question.

I think it is now safe to say Ap previews will most likely be 17-25

No stalking here either but I will keep tabs to see who in here who has been waiting gets to do the previews. I am rooting for y'all!! :flower1:
Same here. If only these were the dates for the AP preview- I'd be sitting pretty. lol One of these days I'll time an AP event right. As it is, we'll get to see it in late September, just have to be satisfied with that.

@yulilin3's CM preview screenshots are super helpful. Thank you! With all those time slots taking up pretty much the entire day or a substantial portion from Aug 1 - 16, I don't see them overlapping the AP previews with CM previews. Second, perhaps part of the delay in AP signups is that we'll also have to select what we are doing in the land - just Falcon, or Falcon and Oga or Falcon and Savi. That sounds more complex in building the options than just the "sign up here."
I don't quite understand their reasoning behind booking a slot to include Oga's specifically. If it were TS sure but not for what it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts