• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never get any of the emails. Possibly because I'm from the UK. If I don't get the email, will it stop me registering?

So .. are the majority of us still stalking or are we just assuming we wont hear anything until after 7/22? (The day CMs can sign up).

It looks like we will only be getting 3 weeks notice then.

We also need to remember why Disney (at a corporate level) probably does these kind of things in the first place. It's not to be "fair" to Passholders, or because they feel they owe anyone anything, it is purely a business expediency to help start testing the infrastructure of their new land with controllable crowd levels, with the nice byproduct of generating extra word-of-mouth/social-media publicity.

As such, as long as they get the amount of bodies through the gate that they want, they probably don't want to spend very much time or effort over the details of how that happens.

Andre
Yep, free testing. Don't have to pay hours to someone to just go in to test like they would if they assigned someone to be "guinea pigs".
And it's why I don't think they are one bit worried about giving everyone enough notice to plan a trip. That is not something they are at all concerned about. There's enough to test without needing to plan trips.
I apologize if this had already been asked/answered, but can those of you who just the voucher (not activated) book fastpasses 60 days out without having an “active ticket”? I don’t know if Disney can assimilate their sign ups based on that or not, just curious more than anything :) Thanks!
You can do anything with an AP voucher that you can do with an activated AP.
One thing about an annual pass that isn't activated yet is that you can reassign it to someone else. Maybe that plays into the reason why Disney has decided to include only activated annual passes in the preview.
I can't see that making much of a difference to this discount. Wouldn't do any good at all to sign up for something and then transfer the AP later. You have to show your AP to get in the event. However, all the other things you can sign up for with just a voucher, it does make a difference. You never need to show your AP to use the discount for hotels book (at least I haven't in the years I've been booking resorts with it) or to get into DAH or other ticketed events. So the one event you DO have to present your AP, they'll stop it? Doubtful. While anything is possible odds are low

Im getting so nervous about getting emails. I changed the account from my boyfriend's email to mine (since I spend all day on the computer for work) and I never got the Galaxy's Edge email everyone else got over the weekend. It never went to his email that was previously associated either. I really hope this won't hurt my ability to get us in.
It won't, unless you miss the notice posted online somewhere.
I’ve received 4 of the VIPassholder emails over the past year for the events and didn’t receive an email over the weekend, I don’t know if that’s a good indication or not! I’ve done two different passholder events at magic kingdom and one at Typhoon Lagoon.
Same here, didn't get the recent email but did get all others.
Yes, and we really don't want to know every time that Phillip is driving (sent from his CAR), so if you are reading this Phillilp, please turn that notification OFF! ;)
Can't do that, it's an automated response to ALL texts, not just GroupMe

So .. are the majority of us still stalking or are we just assuming we wont hear anything until after 7/22? (The day CMs can sign up).

Stalking? Not sure that it qualifies as stalking but I'm still watching for an email, blog post, tweet or notice from someone here that their email came in. Haven't changed one way or the other. And speculating a lot about what might happen, since there's nothing else to talk about in the meantime.

It’s generally been pretty quiet, after those first few days. I guess someone wanted to leave this morning and figured yelling at everyone in all caps was the way to go.
Yeah, it's not that bad. You have to respond 1 time to keep in the group. And if someone would read first, they'd see that it requires a hashtag to respond to leave/stay in the group. As to the autoresponse from someone's phone, can't help those. It's not hard to glance and the message and move on when it's nothing. Hardly someone to get bent out of shape over like some seem to do.

I think it is safe to safe if people are reading this thread close enough to see/answer your question, then we are still stalking it.

According to the AP CMs, I won't get a notification because I'm Canadian and will need to call the 407 WDW PASS number when the registration email goes out. Just posting here so that I have a reference to come back and check on this thread.

According to the AP CMs, I won't get a notification because I'm Canadian and will need to call the 407 WDW PASS number when the registration email goes out. Just posting here so that I have a reference to come back and check on this thread.
How do they think you'll know to call about the registration email if you don't get the email? Do these people not even hear themselves when they give some of these answers?

How do they think you'll know to call about the registration email if you don't get the email? Do these people not even hear themselves when they give some of these answers?

They said to keep an eye on forums and the Disney Parks Blog for any V.I.Passholder events, as they won't send Canadian and UK passholders notifications due to CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). They said they don't know why they have that rule, but it's the rule for the marketing team that this falls under. They agree it's non-sensical and they put a notice on my account that I have called in to inquire, so the next CM when I call in can use that notice to provide additional assistance.

They said to keep an eye on forums and the Disney Parks Blog for any V.I.Passholder events, as they won't send Canadian and UK passholders notifications due to CASL (Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation) and GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). They said they don't know why they have that rule, but it's the rule for the marketing team that this falls under. They agree it's non-sensical and they put a notice on my account that I have called in to inquire, so the next CM when I call in can use that notice to provide additional assistance.
I'm Canadian, and I don't receive any emails. However, I've always been able to book these previews online from kind folks who post the links.

I just wonder what their answer will be when you call and it's booked up? Heck, this silly thing could book up just in the normal hold time length. Plus, don't you have to call long distance? Or do they at least give y'all a toll-free number to call?
Thank goodness you can book online using the public links and not have to wait to reach them.

I'm Canadian, and I don't receive any emails. However, I've always been able to book these previews online from kind folks who post the links.
Thank goodness you can book online using the public links and not have to wait to reach them.

I assumed that I'd be able to use an online link too - but, since I'm not getting direct notice and DL had their reservations slots sell out pretty quickly that I might not get notice, I decided to try to get as much assistance as possible.

I just wonder what their answer will be when you call and it's booked up? Heck, this silly thing could book up just in the normal hold time length.

They actually have some ability to work behind the system if you're fast enough, and the notice on my account outlines the fact that I have called to inquire and that I have sent a complaint regarding their email policy as Canadian's shouldn't be left out of email marketing they have specifically opted in for. My trip is for 2 weeks and I fly out early August 30th; I plan to be one of the first at HS on Aug 29, once I confirm what the earliest arrival time is. I'm almost inclined to stay at MK until Midnight the night before, and then get a Minnie Van to HS if that's possible.

Plus, don't you have to call long distance? Or do they at least give y'all a toll-free number to call?

Yes, it is long distance -- I've only once had them do a callback for me, but usually I pay for the call at almost $1 a minute. 20 minute call = $20. I usually decline the survey because I'm not paying $5+ to answer a phone survey.

I assumed that I'd be able to use an online link too - but, since I'm not getting direct notice and DL had their reservations slots sell out pretty quickly that I might not get notice, I decided to try to get as much assistance as possible.

They actually have some ability to work behind the system if you're fast enough, and the notice on my account outlines the fact that I have called to inquire and that I have sent a complaint regarding their email policy as Canadian's shouldn't be left out of email marketing they have specifically opted in for. My trip is for 2 weeks and I fly out early August 30th; I plan to be one of the first at HS on Aug 29, once I confirm what the earliest arrival time is. I'm almost inclined to stay at MK until Midnight the night before, and then get a Minnie Van to HS if that's possible.

Yes, it is long distance -- I've only once had them do a callback for me, but usually I pay for the call at almost $1 a minute. 20 minute call = $20. I usually decline the survey because I'm not paying $5+ to answer a phone survey.
Wow, that's absurd. Non-US really should have a toll free number. At least there's the online chat too.
If I was you I would not wait and call. Sold out is sold out, even to them. Wouldn't want on the parks blog either. They've yet to announce the sign ups in time to use their announcement. They've seen sold out by the time the Blog got it's update out.

Oh yeah, as to what time you can arrive to HS on the 29th, well, parking lots never close so you can get in there whenever. And if you plan on the Minnie Van thing, just remember they stop at 12:30 ;)
We are at BWI and not really sure what time we plan to walk over. Will figure that out day before most likely.

We also need to remember why Disney (at a corporate level) probably does these kind of things in the first place. It's not to be "fair" to Passholders, or because they feel they owe anyone anything, it is purely a business expediency to help start testing the infrastructure of their new land with controllable crowd levels, with the nice byproduct of generating extra word-of-mouth/social-media publicity.

As such, as long as they get the amount of bodies through the gate that they want, they probably don't want to spend very much time or effort over the details of how that happens.

Andre

And it is "free" after all, hard to complain about an event that isn't costing anything to attend. It's much like their completely unannounced previews- it's just a matter of being lucky with timing. I don't think they ever intended to have this be an event people would actually plan trips around. I'm not sure why they made an announcement so long in advance, might be better to just announce a surprise preview and allow all passholders to try to get in. It's not like there wouldn't be enough people available to attend.

And it is "free" after all, hard to complain about an event that isn't costing anything to attend. It's much like their completely unannounced previews- it's just a matter of being lucky with timing. I don't think they ever intended to have this be an event people would actually plan trips around. I'm not sure why they made an announcement so long in advance, might be better to just announce a surprise preview and allow all passholders to try to get in. It's not like there wouldn't be enough people available to attend.
I'd bet you my AP that they really regret making an announcement this time too. The phone calls about when it's coming or what type of pass it takes has to reach epic levels. Probably had to hire on more agents just to take on the extra calls, LOL

Just got a "Summer Fun for Annual Passholders" email.

Problem is, the top says "Gold Pass". My husband, who I manage on MDE, is Gold and I am Platinum. Makes me worried that I won't get an email geared toward my pass.

Just got a "Summer Fun for Annual Passholders" email.

Problem is, the top says "Gold Pass". My husband, who I manage on MDE, is Gold and I am Platinum. Makes me worried that I won't get an email geared toward my pass.
Oddly, one of the past previews came addressed to DH but I manage the ME and it was my email address, seeing how he doesn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter