Annual Pass Question

aprincesswannabe

Mouseketeer
I'm hoping that there is someone here that can help me figure out the best deal for my money!

Our family will be traveling to WDW the end of October, and we are planning a short visit to DL in June. Listening to the podcast this morning, I'm wondering if the $399 DVC Annual Pass, then upgrade to Premier Passport, might be a good option for us? My calculations show that we would be spending $575/person if we bought tickets for each trip ($325/person for 5 day hopper at WDW and $250/person for 3 day hopper at DL).

These would be the only two trips that we'd be able to use the annual pass. I guess my bottom line is that I don't understand how the upgrade process works! Can anyone help? The $399 DVC AP sounds like such a good deal, I hate not to be able to take them up on the offer!

Unless things have changed...

There is NO discount or prorating when it comes to the Premier Pass. You will end up paying $849 (plus Florida tax on 1/2) no matter what you do. If you are upgrading from a WDW or DL Annual Pass, your your expiration date WILL NOT CHANGE.

Tom is right about the cost and the expiration date. The cost of the upgrade is dependent on how much you paid for you pass, so you'd have to pay an additional $450, which is $200 more than buying the DVC pass and the DL hopper. The difference might be in the discounts you get, if you stay on-site and buy a lot of merchandise and eat at sit-down restaurants.

I'm pretty sure there is no price bridging of the special price up to the normal DVC AP price as well. So there would be no savings at all in going to the Premier Passport - you'll still pay $849+tax in the end.

I think your trips are just a bit too short to make it worthwhile.

I suspected that there wouldn't be a benefit for us, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask! :)

Thanks for the responses.

You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 MNSSHP and MVMCP Information
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 3, 2012
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19A. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
19B. Special DVC PAP Promotion
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Cheshire Figment said:
You might want to look at the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum. Especially the items bolded in the list below.

Post and Contents

1. This Table of Contents
2. Magic Your Way (MYW) Ticket Basics Including Definitions
3. Annual Passes and Water Park Tickets
4. Tickets Available Only to Florida Residents
5. Tickets Not Available to the General Public
6. Upgrading MYW Tickets (Not to Annual Passes)
7. Upgrading Tickets to Annual Passes
8. Dealing With Tickets Issued Prior to 1 January 2005 (Pre-MYW)
9. Children and Adults
10. Special Events
11. Comprehensive MYW Ticket Example
12. Hotel Card (Key To The World (KTTW))
13. Lost Tickets
14. Finger Scans
15. Frequently Asked Ticket Questions.
15A. Hopping Rules
15B. WPF&M With No Expire
15C. No Expire Upgrades
15D. Upgrading an Unused Ticket
15E. Upgrading Special Tickets
15F. Checking on Old Tickets
15G. Renewing Annual Passes
15H. Upgrading a Completely Used Ticket
15I. Getting Park Tickets Before Package Start Date
15J. Upgrading After Departure

Page Two of the Sticky

16. 2012 MNSSHP and MVMCP Information
17. 2011/2012 Armed Forces Salute Tickets
18A. Prices Effective June 3, 2012
18B. Per Day Pricing for Ticket Combinations
18C. How to Save Money on Annual Pass Purchases
19A. "Free" Tickets and Special Promotions
19B. Special DVC PAP Promotion
20. Ticket Purchase/Upgrade Locations and Telephones
21. Florida Resident Installment Purchases of Annual Passes

To get there directly, follow the link in my signature. The ticket sticky is your friend!

Thanks!

Hi everyone, I am really new here at DIS boards and I have a terribly stupid question. How do you post a new thread???? I have tried and looked everywhere. I know that this is not the place to post this question, but I don't know of anywhere else. Thank you so much!!!:love:

Hi everyone, I am really new here at DIS boards and I have a terribly stupid question. How do you post a new thread???? I have tried and looked everywhere. I know that this is not the place to post this question, but I don't know of anywhere else. Thank you so much!!!:love:

Arrow back to where the threads are listed and scroll down to the bottom of the screen until you see the "new thread" icon. Click on that to start a new thread. Hope this makes sense to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!