Annual Pass, do I qualify??

bill-dfw

Mouseketeer
Hi all...

Is there a way that a non-Florida resident, but a DVC member, can get an annual pass? It seems we should since we actually own property in Florida.

If there is a way to do it, I'd REALLY appreciate you letting us know how!

Thank you!

Anyone can buy an Annual Pass. Only FL residents can purchase the FL Resident Only Annual and Seasonal Pass.

Being a DVC member does not bring with it any Florida Resident status....in fact, the paperwork specifically prohibits using a DVC resort as a residency address. Remember, owning property and being a resident are not the same thing.

ANYONE can purchase an Annual or Premium Annual Pass - no need to be a Florida resident.

HOWEVER, you MUST be a Floriday Resident to get any of the resident discounts, including the Resident discount on the Annual Pass.

Hope this helps!!

Anybody can get an Annual Pass. I think you are asking about the Florida Resident Annual Pass. You can't get the Florida discounted annual pass unless you have Florida residency.

Our interest in DVC does not qualify us as Florida residents.

All us non-Floridians sure wish it did work that way, but alas, it doesn't. Sorry. :(

You may hear others suggest ways to "beat the system", but none of them are legitimate except living in Florida and establishing residency.

Pam & Jill....I guess we were all typing responses at the same time.

At least our answers were consistent! :)

LOL!!! And what have we been doing over the last three days?!!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by PamOKW
LOL!!! And what have we been doing over the last three days?!!? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
You mean between error messages when trying to get on this site? :D

I wonder why my boss thinks my productivity is so much better this week? :confused:

We're in Ohio and have Annual Passes. People up here get wind of that and they think we're nuts! But we go down to WDW for more than 8 days a year, so it pays for itself!

ohiominnie :p

another Ohioan with an annual pass. We took a quickie trip last December and saved lots of $$ on a room at the Poly (points booked for this summer).
You can get a discount on an AP if you are a Disney Club member--check out the prices on this site with and without discounts, and see if the membership cost makes it worth your while.
Robin M.

When we visited WDW and stayed at BWV in November 2001, I decided it would be worthwhile to buy annual passes. We've never had annual passes before.

Prior to going, I looked into whether there would be any advantage to buying our passes (or pass vouchers) in advance, either at the Disney Store or online. It turned out there is no advantage -- neither a better price, nor greater convenience.

So after we had checked into our 1BR suite at BWV, we walked over to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. We presented a credit card and our Disney Club card to the CM in the ticket booth. She showed us our choices. We decided on regular annual passes because we would not make sufficient use the extra features of the premium annual passes (such as water park admission) over a 12-month period. We saved around $15 on each of the two passes with our Disney Club card.

I asked if we could get the free extra 100 days that Florida residents were getting at the time. She said no. So, as Illinois residents, we paid more and we received a shorter term pass than if we were Florida residents. And DVC owners pay the same as anyone else.

We filled out short applications (and we may have shown our Illinois drivers licenses, I don't recall). A few minutes later we had our annual passes and we were inside Epcot.

See:

Originally posted by Werner Weiss
Prior to going, I looked into whether there would be any advantage to buying our passes (or pass vouchers) in advance, either at the Disney Store or online. It turned out there is no advantage -- neither a better price, nor greater convenience.
There could be a price advantage of buying in advance.

If you buy now, you can lock in your price before Disney's annual rite of admission price hikes! True, you have to pay now as well so you can't draw interest on your money, but with today's interest rates, that's peanuts.

So you lock in the price now, but you don't start your one year of admissions until you activate with your first park visit.

Just another thought.

Do annual passes have a photo ID? I mean, what if two couples pay for an annual pass and share it? What's to stop people from doing this?

I'm not thinking of doing this, just asking...

M*M:)

M*M,
The first time you use your AP you have to put your first two fingers into a special finger reader. This measures bone length and width of those two fingers. Each time after that you are required to put your fingers into the machine and it will compare them to the first reading. We were told that this is actually more accurate than fingerprinting. Don't know that as a fact, that was just from the CM at Guest Services.

ohiominnie :p

Yes, the biometric readers are fool proof. No one could share a pass.

Just adding the kabosh on sharing an AP....if the finger reader fails, you must produce a photo ID. Your name is also on the pass so it would be more difficult for a male/female to attempt to share.

I believe it also says on the pass that if you are caught using it fraudulently it will be confiscated. So try explaining to the original owner that their pass was taken away! :eek:

An Annual Pass is a great idea if you plan to visit the Parks more than 7 times in a year, based on the one-day admission price. Not only do you break even there, but you're also entitled to a myriad of discounts and other perks! For example, last year, I got a room at Port Orleans (what do they call that now....Riverside or something??!!) for $94/night with my Annual Pass!

You may also want to consider joining the Disney Club BEFORE purchasing the Annual Pass (www.disneyclub.com). With Disney Club membership, you'll receive 10% off the pass (any of the passes actually). The savings there will pay for the price of DC membership and offer even MORE savings (ie. 10% off all Disney Stores and selected stores in Downtown Disney; huge discounts at hotels and restaurants across the country, etc.).

Hope this helps!! :)

Originally posted by CaptainClapper
You may also want to consider joining the Disney Club BEFORE purchasing the Annual Pass (www.disneyclub.com). With Disney Club membership, you'll receive 10% off the pass (any of the passes actually). The savings there will pay for the price of DC membership and offer even MORE savings (ie. 10% off all Disney Stores and selected stores in Downtown Disney; huge discounts at hotels and restaurants across the country, etc.).
CaptainClapper....first of all, welcome to the DIS Boards!

I just checked the DC discount on passes on Debs Unofficial WDW site and she listed the AP as $369 regular, or $354 with the DC discount. This is about 4% savings. It's still $15, and if you buy two you've almost covered the cost of joining. And you're right...there are a lot of other discounts as well that go with it.

The DC discount also seemed to be about 3-4% on hopper tickets as well. Not big bucks but better than no discount.

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest