Annual Dues - UK PayPal

DisneyAmber1

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I know this has probably been asked before but we live in the UK and are planning to pay our Annual Dues. In our PayPal account, we have a certain amount in dollars. I’m aware that if you want to withdraw this into pounds, you have to pay a fee. I’ve seen that you can pay your annual dues with gift cards. Is this to be completed on the US ShopDisney website, and if so we don’t have an American address? Or can this be completed on the UK Version of ShopDisney? I’ve also seen that you can get discounted gift cards via Target? What would you suggest the best way to do this is? TIA :)

People have used a VPN to order US gift cards, usually this is a good idea if you have received USD rental money in PayPal and want to spend it instead of converting.
Using resort address as billing address. Let me know how you get on

Last edited:
I tried to purchase ShopDisney gift cards to pay my dues but it was not allowed. I did not try using a resort address but I doubt it would be validated

It's so annoying you cannot pay via PayPal as if/when I rent my points the rental payment is made to my PayPal account!

When Wells Fargo closed accounts to Foreigners I was advised to look at opening an account with Wise. Very easy to set up… you get access to a US bank account and can transfer your dollars in that from PayPal for a minimal fee. I now pay my monthly dues using this service. Lots of options to hold other foreign currencies.

I tried to purchase ShopDisney gift cards to pay my dues but it was not allowed. I did not try using a resort address but I doubt it would be validated

It's so annoying you cannot pay via PayPal as if/when I rent my points the rental payment is made to my PayPal account!
I was not able to buy the giftcard online. They hold it for validation for a long time and in the end I didn´t want to wait so I just cancelled. I don´t know why they make it so difficult for foreigners to buy the giftcards. I still have not found a way to do it but will look into the option of Wise that is mentioned in the previous post. I have used Wise before but not for this purpose. Need some time to look into it.

We have the same issue. We have a US bank account and it used to be free to transfer dollars to a U.S. account. It is now expensive. I would assume the charges are the same to the wise account?

We have the same issue. We have a US bank account and it used to be free to transfer dollars to a U.S. account. It is now expensive. I would assume the charges are the same to the wise account?
Wise charges are much lower than paypal.

You can set up a US $ bank account with Wise and pay your dues by direct debit to Disney… no charge for this.

Wise take a small fee when your convert cash from one currency to another. You also receive no interest on your account.

No reason why you couldn’t use wise to send money to your US bank, but you don’t need your current US bank to pay dues if you have a wise account.

Wells Fargo was my bank, but they stopped foreigners from holding accounts. I switched to Wise ..very good service. Can use it for any major currency in the world. You get a visa debit card which all you to withdraw cash at ATM or pay for goods.

Wise are listed on the London Stock Exchanged and day to day activities are monitored by a U.K. regulator.

Thank you will look into it. The part I think will be the same is the transfer of dollars from PayPal to the wise account? As that is PayPal charging.

Thank you will look into it. The part I think will be the same is the transfer of dollars from PayPal to the wise account? As that is PayPal charging.
You can use your U.K. bank account to pay £ in the Wise account… no charge. Then convert the £ you have in your Wise account to a wise $ account. Minimal fee.
To remove the PayPal fees transfer any $ in have in you account back to your U.K. account.
You don’t need a paypal account when you use wise. You can completely by pass them.

Any $ you have in your wise account can be transferred to any US account for a minimal fee.

You can use your U.K. bank account to pay £ in the Wise account… no charge. Then convert the £ you have in your Wise account to a wise $ account. Minimal fee.
To remove the PayPal fees transfer any $ in have in you account back to your U.K. account.
You don’t need a paypal account when you use wise. You can completely by pass them.

Any $ you have in your wise account can be transferred to any US account for a minimal fee.
The problem I have is we have dollars in our paypal account from a rental of our dvc points. It hurts to pay the 3% to put it in our US bank account. The only other option was to try and buy gift cards, but doesn't appear to work well or take an awful exchange rate to our UK bank.

I have purchased several e-gift cards using my PayPal$ from the US site and they email them direct to any email address, UK included.

You do need a US Postal address to complete the order but I just use the postal address of my home resort at WDW and that works fine.

Once you receive the egift card you can credit it towards your dues, just select pay by contract, select e-gift card and enter the serial number and amount and you're done. No fees at any stage of the process.

The problem I have is we have dollars in our paypal account from a rental of our dvc points. It hurts to pay the 3% to put it in our US bank account. The only other option was to try and buy gift cards, but doesn't appear to work well or take an awful exchange rate to our UK bank.
I rent points as well. You don’t get charged 3% from PayPal if you send this money to your U.K. bank account. I have a direct debit with wise that pays my dues automatically every month. Wise will allow you to set a bank accounts in any major currency.
After I have transferred the money I have in PayPal for renting points to my usual U.K. bank, I transfer the money £ into my wise account. Once the money is in my wise account(takes seconds) I switch it into my Wise $ account. Can’t remember the fess charged but I am sure it is under 1%.

I rent points as well. You don’t get charged 3% from PayPal if you send this money to your U.K. bank account. I have a direct debit with wise that pays my dues automatically every month. Wise will allow you to set a bank accounts in any major currency.
After I have transferred the money I have in PayPal for renting points to my usual U.K. bank, I transfer the money £ into my wise account. Once the money is in my wise account(takes seconds) I switch it into my Wise $ account. Can’t remember the fess charged but I am sure it is under 1%.
Sounds great but the exchange rate offered by PayPal isn’t great so would much prefer to use the dollars directly.

I have purchased several e-gift cards using my PayPal$ from the US site and they email them direct to any email address, UK included.

You do need a US Postal address to complete the order but I just use the postal address of my home resort at WDW and that works fine.

Once you receive the egift card you can credit it towards your dues, just select pay by contract, select e-gift card and enter the serial number and amount and you're done. No fees at any stage of the process.
I have been trying to do this using a vpn and resort address but when I click PayPal it just circles abd doesn’t load PayPal up. Will try again but so frustrating.

I have been trying to do this using a vpn and resort address but when I click PayPal it just circles abd doesn’t load PayPal up. Will try again but so frustrating.
I've bought gift cards from the US Disney site using Paypal many times. I use the Grand Floridian address and my UK mobile number. Never used a VPN. The first time I bought a large value gift card I received an email asking me to ring them on the mobile number I had given in order to confirm my identity but after that it has always gone through without issue.

I've bought gift cards from the US Disney site using Paypal many times. I use the Grand Floridian address and my UK mobile number. Never used a VPN. The first time I bought a large value gift card I received an email asking me to ring them on the mobile number I had given in order to confirm my identity but after that it has always gone through without issue.
Yep. That's what happened to me too.

I have been able to do it this last week each day getting a slightly higher amount. Everything has gone through till yesterdays order not confirmation yet. But hopefully go through ok. I realised that using a vpn didn't allow connection to paypal. I used the okw address and yes my mobile number. Thanks everyone hopefully my balance is going down in paypal.

Wondering how big a gift card has anyone tried?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter