Anniversary dinner....Yacthsman or Le Cellier ...or?

::yes:: Clap! Clap! Clap! :thumbsup2

Is good steak an issue or are we just going for a cut. If you don't care that the service is bad and/or the food is just OK go for the Poterhouse at LeCellier. I have given LeCellier several shots. I don't get the hype. Food is just OK (hint risotto is not a crunchy dish) . I have had LOTS of much better steaks. Pricing is outrageous, you are packed in there and they are pushing you out the door to turn the tables. (My entree was delivered with my appertizer.. MOVE IT ON FOLKS!) The only "signature" part is the pricing! :rotfl2:

Personally I would head to Shula's in the Dolphin But failing that do Yachtsman.

::yes:: Clap! Clap! Clap! :thumbsup2

Funny how people can have such differing experiences with/impressions of Le Cellier. I'm pretty confident in saying that I've eaten in more steakhouses than more than 95% of the people who frequent WDW and this board, meaning to say that I have a pretty good idea what a good steak is, and what kind of service one should expect ;). We've eaten at Le Cellier a dozen times, and have never had an experience close to the one described above. Our servers are alway very friendly, but agreed, not as attentive as someplace like Shula's. We have never been/felt rushed. While the service is not leisurely and a meal there isn't going to be 2 or 3 hours like we've spent at Yachtsman's or Shula's on occasion, we've always gotten our food in the appropriate order, with good pacing. There have been times we linger over coffee and dessert and we've never been rushed out or asked to leave. Some don't like the cellar atmosphere, but that is purely subjective. As for the food, I'm always curious as to when people who claim the steaks aren't that good last visited. Le Cellier has stepped up their game over the last few years. Yes, unfortunately the pricing has kept up as well, but you can get an exceptional steak at Le Cellier. While I'm not a filet fan, and no filet us going to have wonderful flavor on its own (no fat, and fat equals flavor), Le Cellier's is extremely tender, which is the reason you get a filet. The mushroom risotto is great, if you like mushrooms. Ours has never been crunchy. On occasion a little more al dente than others? Perhaps, but not crunchy, and better firm than mushy...but now we are in subjective land again. The 21 day dry aged ribeye Le Cellier has on the menu now blows away the smaller, inferior ribeye Yachtsman's currently offers. Unlike at Yachtsman's, I've never had a steak served overcooked at Le Cellier. I honestly think Le Cellier cares more about their steaks, while Yachtsman's seems to care more about being a steakhouse. Sure, with Le Cellier it seems some people don't get the hype about a crowded restaurant in a park that charges so much, I just hope the critique of the food isn't influenced by people who are turned off by the location and prices. We have found the food to be very good, and at times much better than Yachtsman's. I actually apply my 'I don't get the hype' to Yachtsman's. Yes, the atmosphere is more upscale, and the service tries to be....and both of those are ok. The food has been/can be very good, too...even though we don't like the recent menu changes. But sometimes to me it seems Yachtsman's is trying to impress people, without focusing on delivery of what constitutes a great steakhouse experience. Really, to serve steaks that are over done, and not come to the table to see if the steaks were prepared properly? There is no excuse for that. It's like they think people will give them a pass if the atmosphere is great and the servers are nice. Same goes for the steaks themselves, and the Butcher's cooler. Sure, it looks impressive when you walk in and see the beef on display, being 'aged' before your eyes. People but into it, but I suspect few realize they aren't getting the dry aged steaks they think they are. Yes, the steaks are 'aged' for a week, but true dry aging takes 3 weeks or more. Yachtsman's is charging dry aged prices, but again not delivering. Not that Yachtsman's is bad, although our visit last month was disappointing....I just don't get the hype. They are selling people one thing, but delivering something different, but people still buy into Yachtsman's as the premium steakhouse on property. Like I said, interesting how people can have such differing views if the same locations.

We are celebrating our 14th anniversary with our four kids on September 25th. I know both places have their fans but since Yacthsman doesn't have the porterhouse I'm not sure that is where my husband would want to go. He loves steak!!!!!!!! Between the two which is the winner? Le Cellier would be much easier to get to from Poly. Thanks for the opinions

My choice would be Yachtsman. The atmosphere is nice, servers are great, and the food is amazing. I didn't find Le Cellier to be that special. The tables were crowded together and I thought the food was just ok. With that said, everyone's opinion is different, but my choice would be Yachtsman without hesitation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter