Animal Kingdom DVC Recommendations

DizzyStitch

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip next June. Right now we are booked at our home resort. I would like to try Animal Kingdom. So what are the pros and cons of Jambo House versus Kidani Village? And what kind of luck have people had booking 7 months out starting around June 10th in past years?

What room size?

Studios are fairly similiar so I prefer Jambo for restaurant proximity.

For 1 or 2 BR, Jambo is the only DVC with no en suite bathroom, And you have to step into the jacuzzi tub to take a shower.
Kidani 1 and 2BR have a 2nd full bathroomin addition to the huge en suite bathroom.

For GV, I'd love the over-the-top extra pool table room and the huge balvonys and huge dining table of Jambo. (If I were ever so lucky)

AKV is the 3rd largest DVC. There should be no trouble booking standard or savanna view at 7mo in June.

I love AKL and usually try to get it at 7 mos out whenever I plan a trip ( I own at VWL).

I've only done a few 1 nighters at Kidani because I enjoy Jambo more - however there are pros and cons to both

Jambo

The lobby window and the bridge on the 5th floor that gives an amazing view.
Love the pool and the hottubs and the fact that the pool at Jambo has great shaded areas with lounges that I can sit in and read without having to be in the sun.
Easy access to Mara for great refillable mug selection beverages and qs food.
Lots of activities for the kids and a great playground.

Kidani

The animal viewing areas feel closer to the animals.The Savannah view rooms are not only 5th floor for DVC members.
Great pool with a water playground for the kids.
The 1 bedrooms have 2 bathrooms.
No quick service restaurant and limited drink selection in the smaller gift shop of the hotel.
I don't think the lobby is as impressive - doesn't have the great window with a bridge.

Good luck with your decision - either is a good choice and it's very much a personal one. Lots of people prefer one over the other. Others think it's a toss up.

Have a great trip:woohoo:

We've only stayed at Kidani so far...will be trying out Jambo in a few weeks.

Kidani has the community hall for kids to do crafts, rent dvd's, etc.

I believe that both buildings have the cultural activities. We really enjoyed the ones we did at Kidani--African drumming lessons, talk by a cultural representative, tour of Kidani's décor, etc.

Park buses stop at Kidani first and then go to Jambo to pickup people.

I am planning a trip next June. Right now we are booked at our home resort. I would like to try Animal Kingdom. So what are the pros and cons of Jambo House versus Kidani Village? And what kind of luck have people had booking 7 months out starting around June 10th in past years?

Stayed at Kidani 2 years ago in July. Loved it except the far walk to room and no QS restaurant. Hubby is disabled so going to jambo house to eat is a chore. You have to get shuttle so you have to put scooter on and off bus then for return do it all over again, not to easy and it takes so much time. Only really wish is for them to add QS restaurant and it would make kidani village a great location. Loved it if it wasn't for that. Pool is way better at kidani then jambo and the community hall is nice to have. Enjoy your vacation.

We will be staying in a studio. There will not be three of us. It is our girls only trip before my oldest graduates from high school. They both sound so cool. It's going to be such a tough decision. And I will say that our first DVC stay at Boardwalk was wonderful! Is there any DVC that is not wonderful?

We've stayed in 1 and 2 bedroom villas in both Kidani and Jambo, and I much prefer Kidani. I like the more intimate feel of the resort, and the extra bathroom and layout of the master bath are so much better at Kidani. I also prefer the kitchens at Kidani. I can't speak to studios or value and standard rooms though. I did enjoy our stay at Jambo when we were on the Zebra trail, but it was a LONG hike to anywhere from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter