And yet another school massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain the need for a removable magazine in hunting target shooting or home protection. Is there any other use than mass shootings of humans
You can train and hit the target within an inch of precision and it means nothing when a group of people are coming to harm you or your family and you are all hyped up on adrenalin. It may take more than what your 6 shooter revolver has the ability to fire off before taking the time to reload 6 more single rounds when 3 people are coming at you.

Why not talk about guns away from the outpouring of grief involving lost children?
What are you as an American doing tomorrow to fix this issue?
Why not start some positive talk rather than worrying who was in Vietnam or who knows what kind of gun is which?
Because if you want to talk about guns, you must talk with factual information to get any kind of honest discussion. It does no good to talk about anything if one party is just spewing falsehoods.

And also, I have already stated, the problem is not with the inanimate object but with the live human holding said inanimate object. Let's talk about him and get something done.

What am I doing tomorrow to fix it? I am continuing to engage in discussion? I do not have authority to do anything other than discuss and vote who I hope will represent me as a US and Pennsylvania citizen. Unfortunately the 2nd point is a moot point because there is no one in my government who represents me or any other citizen as they all only represent themselves and/or an agenda.

Indeed. Knives just don't run off on their own stabbing everything in sight, pillows don't flop down on people's heads on their own, and baseball bats don't swing at people's heads all by themselves. We need to look at what the issue is, how firearms do all this all on their own.

Or perhaps do you think maybe the US has a higher mental illness issue than where ever you are? As I said, lets keep talking about the gun and not the person with the gun in their hand. 80 million others did not shoot someone today in the US. Firearms are completely inanimate. People are all individuals with individual thoughts (well, mostly. A lot of parroting going on here.)

The point I was trying to get across - is that guns can kill an awful lot of people in a short amount of time.

It’s easy access to firearms PLUS mental health - IMO

If you feel that’s important in the face of a bunch of 4th graders being massacred In their school today, then you do you :thumbsup2.
I feel no matter what the subject, it is important to have honest discussion or you may as well not have the discussion at all.

Or the courageous armed border patrol agent that went into the school today and shot the 18 year old perpetrator dead.
Somebody does have to do the killing of the perps, yes, for sure, if they don't exit themselves with suicide. It might have been a blessing that the agent was not there on campus as a guard, caught off guard and possibly adding to the death toll carnage, but rather coming in to an ongoing massacre to take the perp out. I understand there were about 20 responding BPA's.

Why not talk solutions and not guns? And why mock a veteran the week of Memorial Day?
No one wants to talk solutions. So lets talk solutions. I have stated nothing in this thread about the incident other than we have a mental health issue in this country and it needs fixed. Everyone else jumps on the gun bandwagon with some of them spouting completely false information and when someone tries to educate them on said false information, others jump in to respond in the way the quote I am responding to did while the one discussing with false facts doubles down on emphasizing said false fact.

Because if you want to talk about guns, you must talk with factual information to get any kind of honest discussion. It does no good to talk about anything if one party is just spewing falsehoods.

And also, I have already stated, the problem is not with the inanimate object but with the live human holding said inanimate object. Let's talk about him and get something done.

What am I doing tomorrow to fix it? I am continuing to engage in discussion? I do not have authority to do anything other than discuss and vote who I hope will represent me as a US and Pennsylvania citizen. Unfortunately the 2nd point is a moot point because there is no one in my government who represents me or any other citizen as they all only represent themselves and/or an agenda.
Still waiting for that constructive conversation on your preventative remedies ... dealing with the individual wielding deadly force with that inanimate object is after-the-fact (and also moot in this particular case) ...

No one wants to talk solutions. So lets talk solutions. I have stated nothing in this thread about the incident other than we have a mental health issue in this country and it needs fixed. Everyone else jumps on the gun bandwagon with some of them spouting completely false information and when someone tries to educate them on said false information, others jump in to respond in the way the quote I am responding to did while the one discussing with false facts doubles down on emphasizing said false fact.
Since you were so insistent on the veteran answering your questions about guns ..

You never did answer me about what you will be doing tomorrow as an American to stop these shootings. Will you contact your local representative? Write a letter? Donate to mental health?
Let’s talk solutions. Not argue guns.

Since you were so insistent on the veteran answering your questions about guns ..

You never did answer me about what you will be doing tomorrow as an American to stop these shootings. Will you contact your local representative? Write a letter? Donate to mental health?
Let’s talk solutions. Not argue guns.
Every town in America will give a different answer. It’s easier to get something agreed upon in a country of 40 million people than 350 million people.

I feel no matter what the subject, it is important to have honest discussion or you may as well not have the discussion at all.
I get that, but the discussion is about the slaughter of 19 children and 2 adults (and counting). You seem to want to make it about the specifics about the weapons used to murder them. That seems to be important to you, but I find it to be disconcerting. Of course, you are welcome to continue to focus on that but i think most of us are simply heartbroken for the families of the children whose lives were cut short today.

Here we go again. Do you think the US is the only country with people with mental health issues? Every country does and yet no other country has regular occurances of children getting mowed down at school.

It’s a convenient excuse so that you can shrug your shoulders and say if only there was something we could do.

Every town in America will give a different answer. It’s easier to get something agreed upon in a country of 40 million people than 350 million people.
Donation to mental health doesn’t have anything to do with population,
Neither does contacting your representative.

You post actually makes zero sense.

So you’re just giving up and letting this happen.

Donation to mental health doesn’t have anything to do with population,
Neither does contacting your representative.

You post actually makes zero sense.

So you’re just giving up and letting this happen.
No I’m not. But part of the reason you see little progress being done is due to our population size which contains many opinions about what those solutions should be.

This is horrible. I hope that school can be a warm and safe place like a living room. I don't understand why any demons would want to spoil this.

No I’m not. But part of the reason you see little progress being done is due to our population size which contains many opinions about what those solutions should be.
Pfff.

People keep talking mental health. Get active and push for mental health reform.
You don’t need 300 million people to agree. Just the majority or whatever in congress.

Spouting population size is a cop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter