An obsessive planner learns to go with the flow... Finished and a Link to new PTR

It looks like you had fun at the party!!!

Amanda

We really did! :goodvibes

I had to laugh at my husband's cousin who is planning a trip to WDW in the fall- she thought you had to pay extra for the party and all it was was a parade. :rotfl: I quickly set her straight. :thumbsup2

I'm so glad you guys had a great time and Kya looked soooo cute.....There's no pics of you and Robbie, though....I'm waiting for those!!! :lmao:

I think we didn't enjoy the party as much as we could have since we tried to do a park in the morning and that just didn't work out. Next year, the plans will be different!!! We were just soooooo tired during the party!!!

I'm so glad you guys had a great time and Kya looked soooo cute.....There's no pics of you and Robbie, though....I'm waiting for those!!! :lmao:

I think we didn't enjoy the party as much as we could have since we tried to do a park in the morning and that just didn't work out. Next year, the plans will be different!!! We were just soooooo tired during the party!!!

Robbie and I didn't dress up so no fun pics to see. :rolleyes:

I totally understand about being tired during the party. I said more than once that I wish we'd done the party earlier in the week because on our last night we were just tired. When I look back at it I realize we didn't really get that much accomplished considering we were there for about 4 1/2 hours. I think we were just moving slow, lol.

I also don't know think it's something we'd do again (unless suddenly money was no object). I'm glad we did it once and we had a great time but it wasn't so much fun that I feel like we must do it again, especially considering how much the tickets cost.

No one was easy to get up on this day! :rolleyes: We were flying back home and really had no time to do anything before our check-in time with DME.

Robbie and I showered and started packing before we getting the kids up and heading to breakfast at about 9:00. We each used a CS credit but I didn't get pics or write down what we had. Oops!

After breakfast we went back to the room to finish packing and rest before going to check in with DME. The check-in process was very easy and after we finished we still had about half an hour or so to kill before we had to be on the bus. We went back to the food court to use up our snack credits. We each got a drink to take with us and I think we had 2 or 3 credits each to get snacks as well. We also had one left over CS credit each that we didn't use. After we got our food and drinks it was time to get on the bus to go to the airport.

At the airport we had a bit of a wait so the kids ate some of their snacks...

Gummy "burgers" for Kya
523-1.jpg

and spiral suckers for Jace
524-1.jpg

After they had their snacks we went to get in line to go through airport security. :scared1: Now, let me just say that I've been to a few places, I love to travel and lots of the places I go require air travel. This was BY FAR my worst experience with airport security EVER. We were hearded through a small space like cattle. It was hard to tell who was in what line because we were packed in so tightly. The only thing that made it bearable was the nice older couple in front of us who were chatting with the kids and commenting about how polite and smart they are. :love:

We finally made it onto the plane and were Chicago bound. That's right folks, Southwest flew us all the way to Chicago before redirecting us back to St. Louis. :confused3 We had a very short layover in Chicago- just enough time to grab some food but not enough time to eat it- we took it onto the plane.

We were finally back in St. Louis and we couldn't believe how cold it was!! It had been warm when we'd left last week and it was just shockingly cold. We weren't dressed for it all. :eek:

We called our shuttle while at baggage claim and waited in the freezing cold for FORTY-FIVE minutes! :headache: Finally a Ramada shuttle showed up only for us to realize it was the WRONG Ramada. The driver had already loaded our bags though and he could see how cold we were so he took us anyway. BIG tip for him! :goodvibes

We were finally in our own car! :woohoo: We stopped for Taco Bell on the way home and walked in our door at 10:00 pm. Jace had been dying to tear into his Lego's since he bought them but we were afraid of him losing pieces so he'd had to wait. But as soon as we got home he started working on it.
528.jpg

531-1.jpg

It was COLD (did I mention this already??) :rolleyes1 So I cranked up the furnace. Robbie had a beer (he'd refused to pay WDW prices for one on principle, lol). Kya and I snuggled under the covers and watched a couple of things on tivo while Jace kept working on his Legos. At about 11:30 we finally headed to bed, glad to be home but already missing Disney.

Up next... What we got right, what we wish we'd done differently, what we can't wait to do again and what we hope to try next time!

I didn't think I'd ever finish but I did! :thumbsup2 I can't give it up that easily though so an overview seems like a nice way to wrap things up...

What we got right:

Thanks to the DIS we got lots of things right on this trip. :thumbsup2

1. Going to MK on our first night. It was so great to have this be our first impression of Disney; before I actually experienced it I couldn't understand why the park you went to first mattered. Now I know. :lovestruc
047-1.jpg

2. Deciding to chuck the touring plans and go with the flow. Breaks in the afternoon just didn't work for us and trying to move everyone along at certain times was just getting in the way of our fun.

3. Knowing about all of the rides and attractions ahead of time so we pretty much knew what we were okay with skipping and what we didn't want to miss. It saved us from wasting precious park time deciding these things.

4. Being willing to sit down to rest and/or cool off whenever anyone wanted to. We did everything we wanted to do WITHOUT rushing or feeling exhausted (at least after the first couple of days).
085.jpg

5. Knowing CS menus before hand. So much easier to satisfy everyone this way.

6. Learning about FP, how to be involved in Jedi Training, rope drop, etc. BEFORE our trip. Knowing these things is what made it possible for us to go with the flow but still accomplish a lot.

7. Have ponchos (thanks Karen!)
523.jpg

8. The QSDP worked out great for us- we even had food left over! :thumbsup2

What we wish we'd done differently:
Not a whole lot but there are a few things...

1. My biggest regret is the break we took on our first day at Epcot. For those of you who have forgotten or weren't following along at that point this day ended with a total meltdown from yours truly from sheer exhaustion, painful feet, and disappointment that my touring plans weren't working. Thankfully though I am a person who learns from these setbacks and this is when I decided to chuck the touring plans and afternoon breaks and just go with the flow. I still wish I'd figured it out BEFORE I melted down though. :rolleyes:

2. I wish I'd taken another pair of shoes. I love my Teva's but I think that some DISers have it right when they alternate between two pairs of good shoes.

3. We really should have had a car so we didn't have to rely solely on Disney transportation. At first the buses were nice but eventually we got tired of it taking an hour to get to the parks and waiting in long lines at the end of the night.

What we can't wait to do again:
So many things! I'll try to narrow it down a bit. ;)

1. Soarin! This was by far my favorite ride/attraction in all of WDW! I can't wait to do it again- I can almost smell the orange groves now. :cloud9:

2. World Showcase- I didn't get to see nearly enough of this and hope we have more time to explore more countries next time.
166.jpg

3. Toy Story Mania!
486.jpg

4. Grand Marnier Grey Goose Slushie. Yumm!
211.jpg

5. The Magic Kingdom! I could list so many things- Splash Mountain, Mickey's Philharmagic, PotC, Main Street... I could go on and on. I LOVE the Magic Kindgdom and just can't wait to go back and see it again. :love:

And finally... a couple of things we missed that we can't wait to try:
1. Dole Whip- it just didn't work out the first time and I really want to try one next time.

2. Carousel of Progress. Jace was disappointed that we missed this so we'll be sure to do it next time.

3. Lights, Motor, Action! Another thing that Jace was disappointed to miss.

4. Illuminations. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get to see this!

5. The Boardwalk. We want to go at night and experience some of the street performers.

So that's it. I've really enjoyed reliving our trip and am glad so many of you were along for the ride. :goodvibes

I'll be starting a new PTR for the fall within a couple of days and will post a link here so be sure to check back. :goodvibes

Awesome TR!!!! I think we still learn from each trip!
Can't wait for you to go back...

Amanda

Thanks for sharing, can't wait to read about your upcoming plans.

Thanks for reading! :goodvibes

Awesome TR!!!! I think we still learn from each trip!
Can't wait for you to go back...

Amanda

Thanks Amanda! I just found your latest TR today and am trying to catch up. (I missed a lot being off the boards for so long!)

I really enjoyed your report. Looking forward to reading your PTR! :goodvibes

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll be getting started soon. :goodvibes

MNSSHP looked like a lot of fun. The kids were so cute! My kids and I once ended up in Fantasyland during Wishes, so I felt like we weren’t really “seeing” Wishes, but you are so right that the fireworks are all around you and that in itself is kinda neat. You’re basically surrounded by the fireworks and that is a very different perspective! I am determined to see Wishes in front of the castle this time, though. Fingers crossed :laughing:

Oh, you just HAD to post another pic of that Grey Goose Slushy! Yum! Anyway, great wrap-up of the trip! You are right that the DIS has a wealth of information. You really put it to good use! I’m sure your family appreciated all of the time and effort that you put into this trip :goodvibes Now I see that you have a PTR up?!? I’ll have to pop over there in a minute! :thumbsup2

MNSSHP looked like a lot of fun. The kids were so cute! My kids and I once ended up in Fantasyland during Wishes, so I felt like we weren’t really “seeing” Wishes, but you are so right that the fireworks are all around you and that in itself is kinda neat. You’re basically surrounded by the fireworks and that is a very different perspective! I am determined to see Wishes in front of the castle this time, though. Fingers crossed :laughing:

Oh, you just HAD to post another pic of that Grey Goose Slushy! Yum! Anyway, great wrap-up of the trip! You are right that the DIS has a wealth of information. You really put it to good use! I’m sure your family appreciated all of the time and effort that you put into this trip :goodvibes Now I see that you have a PTR up?!? I’ll have to pop over there in a minute! :thumbsup2

I hope you get to see Wishes from the front of this time! It really is magical. pixiedust:

Of course I needed another pic of the Slushy. :laughing:

My family did appreciate it and I'm thankful we could enjoy it together. :lovestruc

As for the PTR- I just got sucked in and now have to go back! Resistance if futile! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter