• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An obsessive planner learns to go with the flow... Finished and a Link to new PTR

So fun! Love your parade and fireworks photos. Cracked up over the little girl peeing. I heard a rumor that I once did something similar when I was about 2 or 3, so I cannot judge...

My husband loves the Speedway more than the boy does, because he remembers loving it as a kid. The photo I have of them on it from the last time we went is hysterical -- DH is all smiley and excited, and The Pook just looks so bored.

Hello all! I don't know if I'll have any readers but I've decided to finish my TR anyway. I was feeling really guilty about giving up on it until I noticed the date of my last post. It was December 3rd and on December 6th my FIL broke his hip followed by a long stay in rehab, breaking another hip, having a stroke and sadly passing away last week. My life has been crazy with trying to help take care of him along with being there for my kids and husband so I guess the TR just fell to the wayside. But, enough about that~ I just wanted you all to know why I've been MIA for so long.

Still here. :)

I'm very sorry for all your FIL had to go through, and eventually passing away. :(
I know how it is to have to focus on real life and let the DIS fall behind, as I'm dealing with some health issue with my mom. But I keep coming back because Disney makes me happy. Hope it can give you a bit of happiness too. :goodvibes

Still here. :)

I'm very sorry for all your FIL had to go through, and eventually passing away. :(
I know how it is to have to focus on real life and let the DIS fall behind, as I'm dealing with some health issue with my mom. But I keep coming back because Disney makes me happy. Hope it can give you a bit of happiness too. :goodvibes

Thank you and I'm sorry to hear that your facing health issues with your mom. :hug:

Glad to still have at least one reader though because Disney does make me happy too! :goodvibes

I'm so glad you are going to finish!!!! :lovestruc

psst...maybe you can do a PTR for the fall too! ;)

I'm uploading pics to photobucket right now so I can do an update. :goodvibes

And the fall trip is a definate possibility but don't tell anyone because I haven't said anything to Robbie or the kids yet!

Whew, I forgot how tempermental photobucket can be! I got lots of pics uploaded to share with you though. :thumbsup2

We had given up on rope drop at this point and this was our day to start out in WS so there was no rush this AM. We were out the door by 9:30 and had the standard resort breakfast of biscuits and gravy for everyone except Kya who probably had toast or fruit. After breakfast we took the bus to DHS

001-8.jpg

and then the Friendship Boat to IG.

003-3.jpg

024-5.jpg

The first thing we did was pick up a KP mission to do later in the day. Then we headed into the UK which we walked through quickly but not before snapping a few pics at a phonebooth.

027-1.jpg

We then headed into Canada where we walked back to see the film. We walked past some beautiful scenery on the way, I think these waterfalls outside the theater are one of the prettiest things at Disney.

036.jpg

The film was so-so but is standing only which took away from the enjoyment. My feet were really tired at this point during the week and anything that I had to stand for just wasn't fun. :rolleyes:

As we were leaving the theater we walked through the Kidcot station and the kids got their passports stamped (and we realized that we forgot to do that in the UK but didn't want to walk all the way back).

From Canada we went into FW so we could repeat a few of our faves from earlier in the week as well as try a couple of things we hadn't had time for. Jace really wanted to do Sum of All Thrills again so Robbie took him to Innoventions while Kya and I went to get FP for Soarin'. We'd used all of our GAD FPes so we had to do the standard send a runner trick, lol. We were supposed to meet at Club Cool so Kya and I sat down to wait for them.

048-1.jpg

But it was really hot and they were taking forever so I called Robbie. Jace decided he wanted to do Don't Waste It and they were in the middle of that so Kya and I got Frozen Cokes for everyone to take over to meet them at Innoventions. (On a side note the menu at Club Cool did not have the DDP symbol for snack credits on it but when I asked they were included.)

We walked over to Innoventions and saw the boys but they weren't quite finished so Kya made another piece of paper while she waited. Next we headed over to Universe of Energy since it had been down on our previous Epcot day. It was open and a show was about to start but we couldn't take our drinks inside. There isn't a lot of time between shows so we decided to sit in a shady spot and finish our drinks.

061-1.jpg

I know this ride/attraction gets mixed reviews but my kids love Ellen and they both love science so this was a big hit for us. It was also a nice air conditioned place to sit and enjoy on a hot day.

After Ellen we had lunch at the Electric Umbrella.

080.jpg

081-2.jpg

It was pretty standard hamburgers and meatball subs with fries. I was sick of all the heavy stuff though and had a nice ceasar salad instead. I also feel like I should mention that while the bathrooms weren't horrible by normal standards they were NOT up to Disney standards. I don't remember the specifics at this point (and didn't write them down) but I do remember thinking it was the worst bathroom we'd seen all week and hoping the kitchen was better kept than the bathrooms. :scared1:

After we ate we headed over to The Land to use our FPes for Soarin'. When we got inside the kids decided to do Living with the Land (me going with the flow again). ;)

099-1.jpg

I thought this was a really relaxing and fun attraction. We didn't get to see the MH pumpkins because they hadn't started the new crop yet and had already harvested the others for Halloween. :confused3

As we went through the area with the fish and saw the tilapia I mentioned that they are my favorite type of fish to eat and Jace looked at me with a horrified expression and told me not to say things like that in front of the fish. :rotfl:

After LwtL it was time for one last flight on Soarin'. I LOVE this ride. It was more relaxing the third time than thrilling but still a GREAT ride. :lovestruc

Up next... Back to World Showcase

Jace! :lmao:

Rey was very interested in what kind of sandwich that was last night. Meatball? It may have been the vodka talking, but he wanted to know what kind it was. :laughing:

Yep, it was a meatball sub. Robbie said it was good as I recall.

Hope, sorry to hear about your FIL - but I am here still reading along with your trip report, glad you decided to finish it.

I'm sorry for your loss Hope. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Those hot, hot days can really get to you! Jessica really likes the Ellen ride, too. Nathaniel, oddly enough, has never been on it. I think it's a good choice in the hot weather because it's long and you sit down!

Amanda

Hope, sorry to hear about your FIL - but I am here still reading along with your trip report, glad you decided to finish it.

Thank you. I'm so happy I still have readers! :goodvibes

I'm sorry for your loss Hope. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Those hot, hot days can really get to you! Jessica really likes the Ellen ride, too. Nathaniel, oddly enough, has never been on it. I think it's a good choice in the hot weather because it's long and you sit down!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda.

I agree about Ellen being a good ride on a hot day!:thumbsup2

Hi Hope!!! I'm still reading, too!!!! :goodvibes

Hurray!! :cheer2:

I'm pretty sure the kids and I will be driving down to WDW for a few days in the fall during homeschool days!! :banana:

I haven't told anyone IRL (except Karen) because I don't know if its going to work out yet. I'm about about 85% sure I can make it work but I have big issues with canceling after I tell my kids and my husband will have big issues unless I can show him on paper how the financials will work. So, for now I'm just going to share here on the DIS. :lovestruc

I probably have 4 more updates before I finish th TR and by then I should know more and be ready to think about a PTR. In the meantime I'm going to go ahead and share some of what I've found.

There is a modest motel about 3 miles off site with complimentary breakfast AND shuttle service to WDW (no parking fees!!) for $42 per night (taxes and fees not included). There's nothing spectacular about the room but to be honest there's nothing spectacular about the value rooms on site either. There's a nice pool and free wi-fi plus that free breakfast will help us save a bit on food.

We'll probably do 3 day hoppers with the homeschool tickets and spend one full day at MK and Epcot and use the third day to start off at AK and finish up at DHS. Or we could always split Epcot between two days and do AK and DHS with Epcot instead. I'll have to look at the days and touring plans and see which works best. I plan to go-go-go all three days without leaving the parks for breaks so we'll take a day as needed in between for downtime at the hotel to just swim and relax as well as a day at DTD.

We'll drive this time for a couple of reasons. First of all I'll want to save money and second of all Kya was really bothered by flying and doesn't want to do it again. This means I'll also have to budget a cheap room on the way down and up since I'll be the only driver (Robbie won't be coming along this time) and will definately need a break. I may try to schedule those stops in a town with a fun attraction that only takes a few hours to break up the monotony of the trip. Of course my mom may decide to come with us as well which would give us another driver but with her pitching in on the rooms it would still make sense to stop.

That's about as far as I've gotten. I'm still trying to figure out how much we're going to spend on a couple of other long weekends we have planned this year and then see how much this will cost to see if we can afford it but I'm really hopeful and optimistic that it will work out. :goodvibes

OMG!!! OMG!!! That would be so cool if you got to go and shhhhhh......we Dis'ers won't tell ANYONE else!!! :rotfl2: I feel a PTR coming on.......

Hope, I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
I am glad you are back on the boards and I will read this TR for as long as it takes you to finish it because I really enjoy your pictures! One of my favorites from this update was Kya looking very irritated as you guys waited in the heat :rotfl: I really like how a lot of your pictures capture a moment or an emotion. Are you still doing your photography business on the side? It is also exciting to hear that you might be going back to WDW in the Fall! I really hope that works out for you! It looks like you have some good preliminary plans already :goodvibes:

How awesome to be considering another trip. I really hope you can make the numbers work:yay:

OMG!!! OMG!!! That would be so cool if you got to go and shhhhhh......we Dis'ers won't tell ANYONE else!!! :rotfl2: I feel a PTR coming on.......

Well, it's not such a secret anymore... I told the kids it was a possibility but no promises! Mostly because Jace saw a commercial where parents surprised a kid and he said he wouldn't like that because he wouldn't be able to save up for the Lego store. :lmao:

Hope, I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.
I am glad you are back on the boards and I will read this TR for as long as it takes you to finish it because I really enjoy your pictures! One of my favorites from this update was Kya looking very irritated as you guys waited in the heat :rotfl: I really like how a lot of your pictures capture a moment or an emotion. Are you still doing your photography business on the side? It is also exciting to hear that you might be going back to WDW in the Fall! I really hope that works out for you! It looks like you have some good preliminary plans already :goodvibes:

Thanks Erin. Yes, I'm still taking pictures and my favorite part is capturing those moments and emotions. :lovestruc

Yep, you win. ;)

How awesome to be considering another trip. I really hope you can make the numbers work:yay:

Thanks, me too! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter