An Inch shy of 44 inches

An inch shy of 44 inches is 43 inches, which is definitely not tall enough. Incentive to eat more vegetables? ;)

We did this with the kids before our trips, and although we're probably going back to Disneyland (the kids have never been) after GE is open, we still use it sometimes. The veggie hating boy will straight shovel it in after that. He wants to ride all the big rides!

Last edited:
I don't know if this will work for an inch or not. When my nephew was a little under the bar at a local amusement park, the lady told him to put his feet the whole way back against the wall, stand straight, and take a deep breath. When he did that, it gave him that little extra that he needed to get on. We did this the rest of the day and it worked. However, I don't think he was in inch below to start, but not sure.

I don't know if this will work for an inch or not. When my nephew was a little under the bar at a local amusement park, the lady told him to put his feet the whole way back against the wall, stand straight, and take a deep breath. When he did that, it gave him that little extra that he needed to get on. We did this the rest of the day and it worked. However, I don't think he was in inch below to start, but not sure.

The sticks are just on/in the ground, there is no wall.

Those are spectacular

Yep....

Or go full '70s...

PIMP02B_9.jpg
T

They are RIDICULOUS strict to the point of my 7 year old was like 47.999999 Inches, got through the first height check on Dino Whirl, and then the second one said NO. I mean you could barely see a smeck of light between her head and the bar. She was mad. Happened on RNR in Jan too, and they gave her a FP, I think. It says come back when you are tall enough. Of course in Sept when she was, it went down when we had FP. Next time for sure!

I don't understand how a child can pass the first check and fail the second one. Did the mickey bars in their shoes melt??? I would be very upset if I waited for an hour only to be turned away at the second check.

Basically the second girl was saying the first guy was wrong.... It was ridiculous. I called the CM MUD. Luckily we had a FP and did not wait but 8 mins or so. But she was unapologetic and rude about it. Did not care one bit that she hurt my kid.

Height requirements are set by the State of Florida. Disney can get in to heaps of trouble with State. Ride manufacturers provide height requirement guidance, but the State enforces it.

It's like when someone comes into my bar, and tells me they forgot their ID, but I should let them drink, because they're married and have three kids. Um, yeah, you could have started having those kids when you were 14! I'm still the one that has to go to the Liquor Commission if you're underage!

I don't understand how a child can pass the first check and fail the second one. Did the mickey bars in their shoes melt??? I would be very upset if I waited for an hour only to be turned away at the second check.

Because they really aren't THAT strict. Sure, if there is clear and obvious daylight between the head and bar then they won't let them through. But if it's really close, it will depend completely on the CM. It could also depend on the child and standing straight up or slouching. As I said, we got our twins through using thick sandals and reminding them every time to stand up as tall as they can. Otherwise, they may have had issues with some CMs.

An inch shy of 44 inches is 43 inches, which is definitely not tall enough. Incentive to eat more vegetables? ;)

It sadly and adorably worked for my daughter. She was an inch short this past summer but we knew we were coming back this week. The rest of that trip she swore off sweets and ate as many veggies as possible. Tomorrow is her first ever ride on Space Mountain.

Last edited:

They can be measured twice, and it is possible to be let through the first time for whatever reason and then be told no at the loading point.

But jeez...calling names for them doing their job? Not okay in my opinion

Oh, I was absolutely agreeing. Of course, I generally don't see any need for name calling as a civilized adult...or I do it in the privacy of my own home. No need to create drama.

Oh, I was absolutely agreeing. Of course, I generally don't see any need for name calling as a civilized adult...or I do it in the privacy of my own home. No need to create drama.
I knew you were agreeing. I am appalled that anyoen would admot to doing this! I can make my DH blush in private but never ever use those words to other people!!!

I knew you were agreeing. I am appalled that anyoen would admot to doing this! I can make my DH blush in private but never ever use those words to other people!!!

And your kids would see it. Wowers. But she may have simply meant she muttered the words under her breath, which happens to us all.

Yes. I did. Because the CM up front who measured her, said she was good to go, and this woman would not even entertain the idea. I even asked are you positive these poles are EXACTLY the same, because she measured right at the pole out front. She wanted nothing to do with my voice of reason. Like how did we get past him, he measured her. She gave no craps about it. So yes, I said her name is MUD. No craps given, just like her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter