An Amazing Alternative to Purchasing more DVC Points

This was a fascinating thread to read. I’m a college prof and always teach summers because I can pick up a nice extra check for working one crazy-ish month. But I have colleagues who are like “that sounds AWFUL” and love the normal 10-month contract.

But as much as I love a good deal, I would attempt to crawl out of my skin if I had listen to sales presentations for $$/savings… tho some folks on here are like “totally worth it.” Some of the things people are raving about here sound, for me, like Dante’s inferno.

Different strokes for different folks.

This was a fascinating thread to read. I’m a college prof and always teach summers because I can pick up a nice extra check for working one crazy-ish month. But I have colleagues who are like “that sounds AWFUL” and love the normal 10-month contract.

But as much as I love a good deal, I would attempt to crawl out of my skin if I had listen to sales presentations for $$/savings… tho some folks on here are like “totally worth it.” Some of the things people are raving about here sound, for me, like Dante’s inferno.

Reading some of these posts, I feel like I’ve already sat through a few of those presentations.

Can you buy Wyndham as an LLC and let them foreclose if you don't pay the dues?
Wyndham set up a booth at Universal a few years ago, asking me to sign up for some kind of free gift, failing to acknowledge that it involved a mandatory bus trip to the resort for the sales spiel, even though it was painfully obvious.

The whole thing felt cheap and sleazy. I’ll take a pushy DVC guide over that any day.

Reading some of these posts, I feel like I’ve already sat through a few of those presentations.
I study consumer behavior so the wackier the thread the more they are like ice cream with extra sprinkles to me hahaha.
Wyndham set up a booth at Universal a few years ago, asking me to sign up for some kind of free gift, failing to acknowledge that it involved a mandatory bus trip to the resort for the sales spiel, even though it was painfully obvious.

The whole thing felt cheap and sleazy. I’ll take a pushy DVC guide over that any day.
I mean a bus trip is itself a free gift, right? 😛

Just want to reiterate that I'm thankful to @cbyrne1174 for taking the time to make and post her videos here. Obviously, the idea of purchasing another timeshare isn't for everyone, but I'm grateful for her insight and experience.

At the very least, Interval's "getaways" option is something a lot of us will be exploring more in the future, I'm sure.

You can buy a timeshare without ever having to go to a presentation.

I don't think people end up feeling like this generally speaking. If you go to Disney with it being your happy place you already know what you're seeing is theming rather than realism but that theming is done enough to immerse you into that mood. It's not like you're kidding yourself that watching animals in AKL is the same as being on a safari in Africa (which I know a DISer that did that and then stayed at AKL years later).

I do think a good point to be had is discussing the lack of high immersive theming that Disney is adjusting to. More and more of its refurbs in regular and DVC places are getting a toned down feel and that's causing backlash for a good amount of on-site guests and DVC owners. Eventually over time that may just be a con to DVC.
I live 50 miles from WDW, so I own 50 DVC points for 1 night stays to use the pools and whatnot for my kid. It's because it's convenient. I can be at Poly within an hour. However, I can't afford to fly out every year and stay on top of saving for my retirement. I just don't understand the people without kids who spend thousands to fly here every single year if they can afford to go to somewhere nicer like Hawaii or the Carribean instead. If I had that kind of money, I'd go somewhere tropical/beautiful every year.

Also, Chapek is literally ruining WDW. It isn't just the themeing. I now only visit the parks the first/last 3 hours of them being open because the wait times are insane and the temperature is unbearable. I'm not paying $15 per person for shorter lines. Also, Disney has cut back on air conditioning costs. They don't blast the AC like they used to so that rules out being able to tolerate the summer months. I also noticed at Typhoon Lagoon the water level was lower than normal. They are cuting back on utility costs and hoping people don't notice in order to help line the pockets of the shareholders.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the people without kids who spend thousands to fly here every single year if they can afford to go to somewhere nicer like Hawaii or the Carribean instead. If I had that kind of money, I'd go somewhere tropical/beautiful every year.
I think that's part of the WDW is my happy place thinking. People aren't going to be in Hawaii, they are going because they get that theming..still in WDW. If people wanted to go to Hawaii for Hawaii they would. Although to be fair in Hawaii they have Aulani :)

I live 50 miles from WDW, so I own 50 DVC points for 1 night stays to use the pools and whatnot for my kid. It's because it's convenient. I can be at Poly within an hour. However, I can't afford to fly out every year and stay on top of saving for my retirement. I just don't understand the people without kids who spend thousands to fly here every single year if they can afford to go to somewhere nicer like Hawaii or the Carribean instead. If I had that kind of money, I'd go somewhere tropical/beautiful every year.

Also, Chapek is literally ruining WDW. It isn't just the themeing. I now only visit the parks the first/last 3 hours of them being open because the wait times are insane and the temperature is unbearable. I'm not paying $15 per person for shorter lines. Also, Disney has cut back on air conditioning costs. They don't blast the AC like they used to so that rules out being able to tolerate the summer months. I also noticed at Typhoon Lagoon the water level was lower than normal. They are cuting back on utility costs and hoping people don't notice in order to help line the pockets of the shareholders.

I go 6 to 8 times a year and many of those are solo trips. I am from central NY.

I have not huge desire to go to those other places because I enjoy WDW.

Just like some would love more tropical, some really do enjoy visiting WDW a lot. Not sure it’s really any different.

It’s why many DVC owners own DVC as a timeshare because they want it to use for DVC resorts.

Thanks for taking time to record these videos! We are long time (26 yr) DVC members who recently bought a Wyndham with enough points for a two week stay in WBC. It is taking a long time to close though we are supposed to have our points *soon*! We are hoping to get 2022 points soon so we can use them the week after Thanksgiving and put our DVC points back. We needed to find a way to extend our trips without spending another 50K LOL!

We considered Hilton and Marriott too and have not abandoned the idea or we may just purchase more Wyndham. Three weeks ago, we were eating dinner at Toppolino's with a view of WBC when a gorgeous rainbow landed on the resort...amazing!

Additionally, I totally forgot about II benefits so thanks for the reminder!
Cool! Yes the view from Riviera overlooking Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is Splendid! Be I’m a Club Wyndham owner too and own at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek and other Club Wyndham properties for the last 20+ years! I am not a DVC member but was this close to purchasing at VGF, but I terminated the direct 200 point military contract with incentives for $38,000+ last week within 24 hours as it was just too much! I love Bonnet Creek and it’s on WDW property! I know that it’s not DVC, but yes we are close to the Riviera and the other EPCOT area resorts and we make Advance dining reservations!😜 You have given me an idea to trade into RCI for DVC stays! 🤔🫡

Indeed and agreed! I’m not a DVC Member but I own at Club Wyndham (13 month booking window at 96 resorts) and Holiday inn Club Vacations (3 year booking window at Orange Lake Country Club) and I do have more flexibility to travel to other locations as well as WDW and stay at my resorts without using RCI or II! Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is awesome and very close to the Riviera Resort! So I’m in the “Disney Bubble” and my Orange Lake Country Club Resort at Holiday Inn Club Vacations is behind Animal Kingdom Lodge and we make ADR at Boma and visit there too! 😜

Cool! Yes the view from Riviera overlooking Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek is Splendid! Be I’m a Club Wyndham owner too and own at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek and other Club Wyndham properties for the last 20+ years! I am not a DVC member but was this close to purchasing at VGF, but I terminated the direct 200 point military contract with incentives for $38,000+ last week within 24 hours as it was just too much! I love Bonnet Creek and it’s on WDW property! I know that it’s not DVC, but yes we are close to the Riviera and the other EPCOT area resorts and we make Advance dining reservations!😜 You have given me an idea to trade into RCI for DVC stays! 🤔🫡
DVC is done being in RCI. They are just honoring the remaining deposits and are switching to II. I'm going to pick up another Marriott lock off deed to exchange into SSR and OKW. It's much cheaper than using my points. I currently only own an every other year deed, but now that DVC is in II, I have more use for II.

What’s the resale value of your contracts at Club Wyndham, and what are the dues?

What’s the resale value of your contracts at Club Wyndham, and what are the dues?
They have Club Wyndham Access ("13 month booking window at 96 resorts"), which have high dues and a low resale value. It's $7.57 per thousand points. NEVER BUY ACCESS UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY NEED ARP!!

It's the Wyndham equivolent of using Vero Beach points to stay at SSR.

DVC is done being in RCI. They are just honoring the remaining deposits and are switching to II. I'm going to pick up another Marriott lock off deed to exchange into SSR and OKW. It's much cheaper than using my points. I currently only own an every other year deed, but now that DVC is in II, I have more use for II.
Ok! Thanks for the update!
Indeed! That is great! I just checked and Club Wyndham exchanges with II as well! 🥳https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/owner-guide/resources/interval-international

They have Club Wyndham Access ("13 month booking window at 96 resorts"), which have high dues and a low resale value. It's $7.57 per thousand points. NEVER BUY ACCESS UNLESS YOU ACTUALLY NEED ARP!!

It's the Wyndham equivolent of using Vero Beach points to stay at SSR.
Indeed, as a non-DVC owner, I appreciate you and I’ll have to take your word on the “It's the Wyndham equivolent of using Vero Beach points to stay at SSR.” 🤷🏽‍♀️ Thank you! You are all the experts on DVC and I’m here to observe! 🥰 As I do not travel solely to WDW and prefer to vacation elsewhere and especially internationally (mainly due to my military service), I find that having direct access to 96+ resorts without having to always exchange into RCI and II, works for me. I was also able to purchase my club Wyndham and Holiday Inn Club Vacation contracts as military discounted contracts and was also offered a Direct VGF discounted military DVC contract which I terminated at this time! Notwithstanding, thank you for your awesome response and now I’ll see myself out!🫡😜😉

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter