American Idol Season 6: The Official Thread

I hope that Chris R, Chris S, and Blake stay the rest can go.

I know a lot of people like Brandon he is a bit boring for me, a bit old fashioned sounded.

Phil... agree with others not a good week. The hat didn't help his ears.

Jared... sounded good but he over acts the songs

Sundance... okay... but not as strong as the 3 that I mentioned or the girls

Sanjaya... :crazy2: need I say more

And my DD (6) thinks Sanjaya is a girl and doesn't understand why he sings on the "boys" night.

:lmao: :lmao: When they were getting ready to tell one surprising thing about themselves, DD11 says about Sajaya"I'm really a girl". :)

:lmao: :lmao: When they were getting ready to tell one surprising thing about themselves, DD11 says about Sajaya"I'm really a girl". :)

When they were showing him doing the hula...my DD said "way to look even more masculine Sanjaya" with a very sarcastic tone in her voice. Cracked me up! She also said if her did his eyebrows better he'd really look like a girl.

IMO, Sanjaya looked kind of like Antonella (but much less attractive) tonight.

Sanjaya and Sundance were awful, but nothing was as hideous as Phil's eprformance, yikes!

Here's my best to worst picks:

Chris S. - loved it! I think his voice is fantastic
Brandon - another great performance - he's so cute!
Blake - liked his original song choice
Jared - I thought he did better than the judges gave him credit for.
Sundance - I like the rock thing but I wish it was more bluesy
Chris R. - boring
Phil - just horrible tonight - sounded like he sang the whole thing off key
Sanjaya (do men typically hula in Hawaii???) - his best performance but still downright bad.

....yes, actually, they do.

no i'm sure they just meant that they only thought that 4 of them were good. but 6 will go, anyway.

I don't know....this is the third time that the judges/Ryan have mentioned that only a few of the guys they would put through. They could have something up their sleeves!

6 girls and 6 guys will make it through, obviously.

BUT, I have read a rumor that there will be a 13th wildcard slot given to someone who was booted. Not sure how true this is, but it does fit with Ryan having a big announcement, and also fits with no Prison Break this week (maybe a special Idol will air in it's place)

My thoughts on tonight (once again, getting to the party late 'cause of work)...

Blake Lewis - All Mixed Up - I've liked Blake the past two weeks, but I thought he was kinda flat this week. Didn't like the song at all either. Didn't quite get the raves by the judges.

Sanjaya Malakar - Waiting on the World to Change - Started out flat like Blake. Where's the emotion in his singing (and that off-key quasi-yelling at the end doesn't count as emotion)? Completely agree that there's a lack of energy. Plus he kinda scares me...the hula...the hair...:crazy2:

Sundance Head - Jeremy - No idea if this was good as I don't know the song one bit. Personally, I hated it.

Chris Richardson - Tonight I Wanna Cry - I like Keith Urban, but this was vomit-inducing if you ask me (sorry for that visual, but I HATED it that much). Thought it was dreadful!

Jared Cotter - If You Really Love Me - Sounded alright during the faster parts, but I was covering my ears during the slow parts.

Brandon Rogers - I Just Want to Celebrate - I wanna like him now that he's a classical pianist (I've played the piano since I was 4), but he was flat/pitchy/not good.

Phil Stacy - I Need You- When the best I can say is "at least he wore a hat," that's saying something. The freaky eerie breathy start, the weird way he looked into the camera the whole way through. This was worse than Sanjaya!

Chris Sligh - ??We All Wanna Be Loved?? - Chris is my favorite, but I didn't like this either. Bland.

My favorites this week
No one

Who I think should go home
Phil Stacey
Sanjaya Malakar
Chris Richardson
Sundance Head
Jared Cotter

Who I think is going home
Phil Stacey
Jared Cotter

Final Thoughts
Thought they all were the pits tonight. There wasn't a single performance that I can say I liked. Bring on Doolittle!

6 girls and 6 guys will make it through, obviously.

BUT, I have read a rumor that there will be a 13th wildcard slot given to someone who was booted. Not sure how true this is, but it does fit with Ryan having a big announcement, and also fits with no Prison Break this week (maybe a special Idol will air in it's place)

*shakes head* how stupid would that be? VERY!

My top 2

Chris Sligh
Blake

And neither of them wowed me last night, but thought they were the best of last night's unimpressive performances

Who I think should go home

Sanjaya
Phil - I haven't liked Phil from the beginning, but thought he was especially bad last night

Who I think will go home

Phil
Jared

I haven't watched the entire episode, but watched Blake and Chris S perfomance on rickey.org

I love that 311 song-- I like how Blake beatboxed out the bad words. Well-they are tame bad words, but not AI appropriate.

Chris S. --interesting tone of voice and this is a Contemporary Christian song. My neice and nephews love CC songs so it sounded familiar.

Jared --did have a Carlton Banks sweater on-- I just about died when I saw a screen shot.

My goodness, what a disappointing night! I kept waiting for just one standout but, before I knew it, the show was over and I was still waiting. :rolleyes: Last night was certainly in the top three for the most talentless nights on AI.

Blake Lewis: Whatever that piece was he spoke/sang last night just didn't do it for me. He seemed flat at the beginning and, for the first time, his gimmick chanting bothered me. Didn't care for the shirt he had on either. I gave him a 6.

Sanjaya Malakar: Certainly an improvement over last week but still a snooze fest. He can hold a tune but has all the stage presence of a dead fish. Distressing things I learned last night: He can Hula?? :crazy2: He gets a 5 for singing and a 0 for his dancing.

Sundance Head: The only real wake up call came during Sundance's performance. Didn't know the song but really enjoyed his hard rockin style. A little bit of a pitch problem in parts but overall it was really good. He got an 8.

Chris Richardson: Zzzzz. Didn't know the song which really didn't matter. Another weak, mediocre performance that was pitchy and all over the place. The judges are pimping this guy with dollar signs in their eyes. He got a 5.

Jared Cotter: He sang If You Really Love Me and it brought home the fact that last year was SO Much Better to me once again. Elliott did that and nailed it. This guy kept hitting his thumb. :p Still, it was better than most of last night's offerings but he needs more emotion! I gave him a 7.

Brandon Rogers: The worst of the night goes to this guy. He absolutely murdered Celebrate. :( What is up with most of the guys having no emotion anyway?? They all looked like they took a happy pill before the show. :confused3 Add on to that he was really off at the end of the song and he was lucky to get a 3.

Phil Stacey: I didn't know this song but I do know that it ate him up. He simply does not have a strong enough voice to pull a number off like that. In fact the whole song was just slightly off. Nearly got him muted but he rallied at the very end and I gave him a 4.

Chris Sligh: Not what I wanted to hear from him (another week of not having a clue about the song) but there's no denying that this kid can sing. His vocal was the best of the night for me but I'm looking forward to when other people pick his songs. He got an 8.

Who I wish would go home:
Brandon
Sanjaya

Who I think will go home:
Brandon
Jared

Who I voted for:
Sundance - Lots
Chris S. - Lots
Jared - Some
Blake - Some

Best Simonisms of the night:
To Sanjaya: (You have) The Paula hairstyle.
To Phil: The hat and big eyes were insane.

As always, JMHO! :teeth:

When they were showing him doing the hula...my DD said "way to look even more masculine Sanjaya" with a very sarcastic tone in her voice. Cracked me up! She also said if her did his eyebrows better he'd really look like a girl.

Last week he looked like Michael Jackson. This week he looked like his sister! When they first showed him ready to sing I really thought it was a girl. And the hula didn't help. Sorry but he has got to go. He can't sing! Politeness shouldn't count in a singing contest.

Isn't the big announcement about the "songwriting competition" that was supposed to be a part of this season's contest. I had read somewhere that AI was having a songwriting contest. The winning song will be the single recorded by the newly crowned AI champ. That is probably the "big announcement" on Thursday. :confused3 Just guessing here. . .anyone else recall this aspect of AI for the season or have I gone to Tahiti again? :upsidedow

Ryan asked the judges how many of the guys deserved to be in the final twelve.
Randy said 4, as did Paula, Simon said 3 1/2.

So who do you guys think they were referring to when they said 4 & 3 1/2?

Last night was pretty dreadful to listen to.... Blake is great, I like Chris S. almost as much.... everyone else? Not so much.... Brandon seemed to deliver something last night...

What is it with Phil? He has a great voice once he hits the middle of a song & he can carry a great ending, but I think this whole performance was just TERRIBLE....

I like Sundance oddly enough, but? It was HORRIBLE, although not as bad as Phil (and I really like Phil, I'll be sorry to seem him go.....)

Sanjaya? Why the heck is he still here?? He's like an MJ knock off or something, ICK :crazy2:

Jared? Well, he's just hot, I don't know about his voice though, he's not original at ALL....

Oh, Chris R.? I don't get him at all, he's a Justin wannabe.... BLECH, we already have a Justin, we need something else....

What an overwhelmingly bad night minus Blake & Chris S......

:thumbsup2

I think it will come down to Lakeesha and Melinda, with Melinda winning the whole shebang.

I love Blake. All the rest of the boys so far do absolutely nothing for me.

I agree 100%! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter