American Idol Season 6: The Official Thread

mantysk8coach

Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous
American Idol Season 6 starts in a few weeks, so I thought I'd get the thread going! Feels like we just wrapped up the Season 5 one!

So, will you be watching this season?

I was a huge fan of season 5, so I'm afraid this one may be a let down, but I have watched them all so far, and will continue just for fun.

:lmao: You beat me to it! Yes, I am totally siked about the upcoming season. I've already started torturing the husband. Every time an AI commercial comes on, I pump up the volume and start screaming AMERICAN IDOL!! AMERICAN IDOL!!!!! He usually groans. :laughing:

Some of the people they've highlighted on the commercials can really sing but, as far as being better than last year, I guess only time will tell.

The third week in January is going to be awesome. Between AI starting and 24, life will be good! :thumbsup2 Oh, and don't forget, Prison Break will be back on January 22. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I had forgotten it was coming back on. I've watched every season but Season 1 so I'll be watching, for sure. I don't really care for the preliminaries that much...I like it once the competition starts for real.

We will be watching at my house. It is a family time that we always enjoy!!!!!

We are really excited about the season starting!!!!!!!

I suspect that America will get sick of American Idol before the quality of the performers degrades. Each time someone does well on AI and then does well on the Billboard charts, it encourages more, good performers to audition, and I do think they are getting better at picking good ones to send to the finals.

I got SOOOOO hooked last season. I was never hooked before and I hope I am never that hooked again. I just got myself really emotionally invested in one contestant, you know, and I don't think they'll be another one like that for me. At least I hope not! I hope to be just a casual viewer this time 'round! No more getting up at 4 am to check DialIdol results :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I had never watched American Idol until this past season, when we got Tivo.

Really, really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Well, Pickles won't be there! ;) But I'll be watching.... of course I actually get paid to watch, so..... :thumbsup2

I had forgotten it was coming back on. I've watched every season but Season 1 so I'll be watching, for sure. I don't really care for the preliminaries that much...I like it once the competition starts for real.

Really? I LOVE the initial auditions! I just love seeing all the bad people, although I really don't think that its fair that they let SO many bad people through just for the entertainment value. There are probably some really good people being turned away just to let the "William Hung's" of the world have their 15 seconds of fame. But, I'm sure its all for the ratings, because that's what the people (me included) like!

And ditto what ckay87 said...I need to just be a casual watcher this year too! As you can see by my sig pics, I have a special place in my heart for the Season 5 finalists, and cannot afford to be following the AI tour around the country again this summer. (Okay, I went to three AI concerts, but I am still going to Ace's shows!)

Wooooohoo, I can't wait! :hyper:
Last year I was a die-hard Elliott Yamin fan...I am still waiting for that boy to release something! :love:
My second love was Kevin Covais...I still dig up the "Part Time Lover" mp3 from time to time. :teeth:
Can't wait for this year!!! :cheer2:

I'll be there... and I got TIVO for Christmas, so when ya'll start talking the next day about something I missed I can watch:cool1:

Like a lot of you loved last season!!!!!!!! Loved the concert, I hope some of my faves will be making guest appearences.

I'll be watching! Last season was our first season to watch AI and we all got hooked! :thumbsup2

Yep, I'll be watching. My two favorites from the very beginning last year were Chris Daughtry and Taylor Hicks. It always helps when your early favorites go far.

I don't really care for the preliminaries that much...I like it once the competition starts for real.
I agree completely. I appreciate the competition among these great singers. I hate the circus-like institutionalized humiliation of the less talented. We tend to skip the auditions and pick up the series when they get to Hollywood.

So excited for the next season!!!! My DH got the Chris Daughtry CD for Christmas and it is good. I need to burn it for myself!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter