American Idol Season 6: The Official Thread

Hopefully Brandon and Jared will go this week, I don't care for either of them-Brandon seems as creepy as that guy last year, I think his name was Giddeon or something like that.... Chris S and Blake get my votes!

Hopefully Brandon and Jared will go this week, I don't care for either of them-Brandon seems as creepy as that guy last year, I think his name was Giddeon or something like that.... Chris S and Blake get my votes!

oh my god Giddeon was pretty creepy, wasn't he? he had that weird smile that just never seemed to leave his face, like it was painted on....like a clown! *hates clowns*

good night all....gotta get some rest to try and get better....especially after driving my son over an hour 1 way to his baseball lesson....I am beat....see yall tomorrow.....

Here's my best to worst picks:

Chris S. - loved it! I think his voice is fantastic
Brandon - another great performance - he's so cute!
Blake - liked his original song choice
Jared - I thought he did better than the judges gave him credit for.
Sundance - I like the rock thing but I wish it was more bluesy
Chris R. - boring
Phil - just horrible tonight - sounded like he sang the whole thing off key
Sanjaya (do men typically hula in Hawaii???) - his best performance but still downright bad.

I got a bunch of votes in for Brandon. I like his voice and I thought he did a very good job tonight. I'm sure that Blake and Chris Sligh, whom I also enjoy will make the final 12 easily.

If there is any justice, Sanjaya and Phil will get the boot.

Simon's comment about "one of them has [hair] extensions" cracked me up. :laughing:

Ryan said that AI will make a major MAJOR announcement on the Thursday Results show.

agnes!

I think so too, but I bet it will be Chris R. and Jared.

Paula is friggin nuts. Chris S. has an amazing voice. She needs more drugs.

Chris Richardson will not be going anywhere if I have anything to do with it. haha

I'm voting for him and Blake...haven't been able to get through for Blake yet.

Wow, the guys really didn't bring it tonight (with the exceptions of Blake and Chris S.). Sanjaya may not be the best singer, but at least he's polite and doesn't roll his eyes and make faces when he's being critiqued. Chris R. sounded horrible to me, very nasal and boring. But then, most of tonight was really boring. WTH? :confused3 . After last week I thought they'd gotten the idea. And why did Sundance have to ruin another of my favorite songs??

Oh, yes, I think this year goes to the girls. Go, Ms. Dolittle!

(Aside to Robin: had to smile. My DH is from Brooklyn and his b'day is also 3/11...but I think he's probably got you by a few ;) .)

LOL - I really enjoyed both Jared & Brandon.

Dumb question, but DD's boyfriend loved the shirt that Chris R. wore last week - the one that looked like it had an upside down tree on it.

Does anyone know what brand it was or where you can buy it? He works at Abercrombie & it definitely is not one of their shirts he said.

Dumb question, but DD's boyfriend loved the shirt that Chris R. wore last week - the one that looked like it had an upside down tree on it.

Does anyone know what brand it was or where you can buy it? He works at Abercrombie & it definitely is not one of their shirts he said.

I think they sell that t-shirt at Target in the men's department. They have a bunch of printed t-shirts and I'm sure I've seen it there.

I thought Chris S was fabulous tonight! I have no idea what Paula was thinking? Did someone tell her she couldn't be her usual positive self tonight?! I mean she usually finds nice things to say about people who are awful. Chris has a really great voice...and I don't have to worry when he sings that he is going to go off key (or be "pitchy" whatever the heck that means). Blake was good too. I can see him getting a recording contract and being played on radio. I think that Brandon is adorable, but I agree that he hasn't shown what he can do yet. He was better tonight than the past two weeks. Chris R is from my hometown. He went to the same highschool as my nephews and niece. He seems like a nice enough guy, but I don't think he has a strong enough voice to carry him through this competition. He's cute though...he'll make it to the top ten I think. I definitely think that Sunjaya and Phil need to go home. What the heck was Phil thinking?! And my DD (6) thinks Sanjaya is a girl and doesn't understand why he sings on the "boys" night. Oh...and she noticed Sundance's makeup too. As for the upcoming "theme" weeks. I don't mind genre themes...but I hate when they all have to sing songs from one artist or group.

I'm still underwhelmed. I don't think Chris R will be going anywhere either though. I thought that Phil was really bad and Sanjay was also very ho hum. Those are my two guesses for elimination.

Another disappointing night. The only two I liked were Brandon and Chris S. and even they didn't wow me.

I didn't hear about the major announcement, but it would be great if they had the top 12 based on votes, not on sex. I don't get why they want it 6 and 6:confused3

Dan, I hope you feel better. I'm sure when you watch AI tomorrow, Antonella will perk you right up;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter