American Idol, Season 5 **Official Discussion Thread**

Virgo10 said:
I have a confession to make. I absolutely LOVED Kellie Pickler's performance this week. I've watched it over and over and, man oh man, that girl can sing when she picks the right music.

So blah, blah, blah, makeup and blah, blah, blah, dumb blond and more blahs on her outfit. Who cares? The number she did blew me out of my socks.

Walkin After Midnight

I love hard as nails rock and roll that actually has a melody and words you can understand. ::yes::

I had to go a re-listen to it...so I think she did good with it until she got up on the ramp..that is where she lost me..she got way to twangy and did that rough voice thing. I love Patsy Cline and that was not a good rendition of that song.

I thought her makeup was overdone, but not her fault, they have stylists now...Kellie is much cuter with no makeup on (like in the rehearsal video) I do think she is a very sweet, nice girl...but not as ditzy as she is playing. I don't vote based on all that, I vote based on voice and if I like it. I haven't voted for her yet.

Pluto's Honey said:
I believe that about him and I also thank he's real southern boy that comes across just like he is.
I really like Bucky and that's one big reason why. He also seems nice and sings pretty good too. :thumbsup2

Virgo10 said:
I have a confession to make. I absolutely LOVED Kellie Pickler's performance this week. I've watched it over and over and, man oh man, that girl can sing when she picks the right music.

So blah, blah, blah, makeup and blah, blah, blah, dumb blond and more blahs on her outfit. Who cares? The number she did blew me out of my socks.

Walkin After Midnight

I love hard as nails rock and roll that actually has a melody and words you can understand. ::yes::

Gasp! I actually like Kellie Pickler too. Is she the next American Idol? Maybe not, time will tell, but other than some off the wall comments I don't get the hatred. Noone REALLY knows her to know exactly how she is. At this point I really can't pinpoint well enough who will actually win this thing. There are quite a few that have had less than stellar performances each and every time.

Figment22 said:
I'm really kind of surprised at all the vitriol directed at Kellie Pickler. I happen to like her and apparently so do a lot of other AI voters. It would seem that the majority of DISers on this thread just don't fall into that category.

If there's one contestant in this year's competition who comes across to me as a phony, it's golden girl Katharine McPhee. I just don't think she's all that sweet and wonderful. Does anyone remember the night they made the cuts down to the top 24? (I call it "elevator" night) She was apparently very upset that one of her friends was cut (this was before her turn on the elevator) and proceded to spout off a slew of obscenities that were bleeped with the AI symbol directed at the judges. That left a bad taste in my mouth right from the start, although no one else seems to remember. Then on Tuesday night, I thought her comments to Simon when she was being interviewed by Ryan following her performance were quite snarky. So what if he got her name wrong? Throughout the season, he's been very supportive of her performances. Personally I think she's a beotch but putting a very pretty face on it. She can sing, I'm not taking that away from her but if many are going to be so judgemental of Kellie's perceived phoniness (sp?), I think the microscope needs to be held over Ms. McPhee also.

Flame away, I can take it.

Paris is more Phoney to me....especially with those thanks you's....they just grate me...

If people are commenting about my post about Kellie and a eyebrow ring....well I meant nothing by it...Just asking if thats what it was cause I could not tell....My wife has a belly button ring I have no problem with any of that....I just couldnt tell from the picture....she looks amazing if it is her....

corie161 said:
Gasp! I actually like Kellie Pickler too. Is she the next American Idol? Maybe not, time will tell, but other than some off the wall comments I don't get the hatred. Noone REALLY knows her to know exactly how she is. At this point I really can't pinpoint well enough who will actually win this thing. There are quite a few that have had less than stellar performances each and every time.

Jealousy...envy....both....even more proven by people freaking out over a dress.....come on....she is doing good....not the best voice and I doubt she wins but top 5 easily.....i give her respect for doing what she is doing.....PICK PICKLER

Jealousy...envy....both....even more proven by people freaking out over a dress
Precisely... And I think the same goes for Katherine McPhee.
First let me clear something up on the Katharine McPhee *bleep* episode. I saw an interview with her where they asked where that came from since it seemed so out of character. She told them that she had become pretty close to one of the cameramen who also happens to be Nigel's son (I think it was Nigel - one of the head honchos) Anyway, they were goofing around and he was getting her to goof in front of the camera and said "come on, act like you are really mad and let me have it" - you know, like some of the contestants would do when they were turned down at audition. So in fun she did it. Unfortunately I guess TV ratings trump a supposed friendship and they used that footage as if it pertained to a real circumstance.
Somehow, people seem to forget the details when they're trying to make a point against someone they want to take down a bit. Thanks for taking the time to set the record straight.

dolphindan1 said:
Jealousy...envy....both....even more proven by people freaking out over a dress.....come on....she is doing good....not the best voice and I doubt she wins but top 5 easily.....i give her respect for doing what she is doing.....PICK PICKLER

ITA!

I can't figure out why people put so much focus and energy on hating a young woman. It just screams of jealousy in my opinion. It really, really does. So sad. :guilty:

I don't think she will win AI. For the time being, I am being entertained by Kellie. I think she is adorable. My favorite female at the moment is Katharine.

pirateofthecarolinas said:
ITA!

I can't figure out why people put so much focus and energy on hating a young woman. It just screams of jealousy in my opinion. It really, really does. So sad. :guilty:

I don't think she will win AI. For the time being, I am being entertained by Kellie. I think she is adorable. My favorite female at the moment is Katharine.

It not jealousy--its exposure of phoniness. Why would I envy her either? that life is nothing to be envious about.

We'll just have to disagree about that, since several of us are convinced it isn't "phoniness".

dolphindan1 said:
Paris is more Phoney to me....especially with those thanks you's....they just grate me...

Me too! Is that her real speaking voice? Yikes!

I like Chris and Katharine.

I don't have any comment on Kellie.

twinkles said:
I couldn't have said it better. My daughter is a very artsy/creative person who is a sensational wedding cake decorator at the Grand Floridian who has piercings and tattoos. I agree with TeresaNJ, please don't judge people until you get to know them. We all have different styles and tastes...that is what makes us so unique!

Your daughter works for WDW and she has piercings and tatoos on her body that show? I didn't think that was allowed. I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering. Maybe she can because she's not in the publics view?

princessariel said:
Your daughter works for WDW and she has piercings and tatoos on her body that show? I didn't think that was allowed. I'm not being sarcastic, just wondering. Maybe she can because she's not in the publics view?

cake decorators work behind the scenes and after watching some of those specials on food network--unless it is on her hands or face--it won't show.

Backstage--in some cases has different rules for costuming.

And piercings that are not permitted are easily removed while working (or covered in some way).

I had double pierced ears. I just wore one set when working.

Disney has had to come to terms with the fact that many people felt their antiquated personal appearance specifications were silly. To get the best talent, the folks qualified to give the best service to guests, they had to retire some of the irrelevant requirements such as the prohibition against long hair and beards on men. Perhaps that included piercings as well... I'm not sure.

bicker said:
We'll just have to disagree about that, since several of us are convinced it isn't "phoniness".

:thumbsup2 Take it (or not) from a local - it is not phony. Like her or not, that is Kellie Pickler. Is she dumb? No. Is she brilliant? Probably not. Is she making a dream come true? You decide.

And for the record - she was not Miss North Carolina, only competed as Miss Stanly County.

Cindy B said:
It not jealousy--its exposure of phoniness. Why would I envy her either? that life is nothing to be envious about.

Envy not of her past life but of the life she is living now....American Idol....

Can someone please post the link to Kellie's prom dress again? I lost it, and can't sift through all these pages! Thanks!

bicker said:
Precisely... And I think the same goes for Katherine McPhee. Somehow, people seem to forget the details when they're trying to make a point against someone they want to take down a bit. Thanks for taking the time to set the record straight.
Nice that the "explanation" just shows up all of a sudden. :rolleyes: You know what, when the cameras are rolling, you better put your best foot forward because this kind of stuff never remains private. She should have known better. Meanwhile, it's OK to constantly go after Kellie Pickler, although she's never done anything on camera to deserve it, but K. McPhee's can't be named when she has. :confused3 My opinion is as valid as anyone else's but it's not just opinion, it's based on things we've actually seen during the competition.

And jealousy isn't a reason for any of this. What would any of us have to be jealous of regarding people we'll never even meet? I'm very happy with my own life, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter