American Idol, Season 5 **Official Discussion Thread**

Kimberle

WL Vet
Don't forget, tomorrow's (1/17) the big night! Who else can't wait!

Please remember, when the actual competiton starts, be careful of spoilers. The folks on the west coast will generally see it air an hour later.

:cool1:

Looking forward to it...but technicality question---if you want no spoilers, shouldn't you put it in your title.

Traditionally--official threads are used during the show and it is hard to say to not spoil it KWIM.

I can't wait! I just started watching last year during the auditions. I thought I was going to break a rib from laughing so hard. I figured I'd stop once those were over but there was some real talent and there was Bo so I stayed with it.

Now I'm really looking forward to another season and hoping there will be a special performer out there to make me want to tune in every week.

I have to work until 9pm tomorrow and I have my kids taping it for me...in case they forget I have a backup plan already in place. One of my co-workers is going to make me a DVD.

i might not be home to watch tomorrow, but i'm excited for season #5! :banana:

DVR's all set!!

The last 2 seasons, I've been able to predict one of the final two from the auditions. Let's see if I can do it again...:)

I predicted Fantasia and Diana as the final two their season...and last year I predicted that Carrie Underwood would win...and she did!

I have my water aerobics class on Tuesdays from 7:30-8:30 - WHAT WAS I THINKING!!! I think I might have to switch to the Thursday class, but then I miss Survivor!!! Why can't I exercise Mondays!!!!!!!!!! I do have a season pass on Tivo and will watch it when I get home.

I can't wait!! But I do have a question ~ does this mean I have to be careful what I post, or do people watching it air later be careful what they read?

Lisa loves Pooh said:
Looking forward to it...but technicality question---if you want no spoilers, shouldn't you put it in your title.

Traditionally--official threads are used during the show and it is hard to say to not spoil it KWIM.

I don't think of this as *my* thread. I mearly started it. Majority rules. Once we "get going", everyone together can decide on the "ground rules". OK? Seems like in every reality show thread, there is a lot of confusion on exactly what is a "spoiler". I just wanted to remind people that some people see the show an hour later.

If/when there are some "ground rules", I'd be happy to edit the title and/or 1st post. :flower:

IMO, if someone doesn't want to know who gets eliminated before viewing the show, they probably shouldn't read the thread until they view the episode. I love seeing people's instant reactions to the weekly boot.

Looking foward to this season and the possibility of more interesting contestants.

Kimberle said:
I don't think of this as *my* thread. I mearly started it. Majority rules. Once we "get going", everyone together can decide on the "ground rules". OK? Seems like in every reality show thread, there is a lot of confusion on exactly what is a "spoiler". I just wanted to remind people that some people see the show an hour later.

If/when there are some "ground rules", I'd be happy to edit the title and/or 1st post. :flower:

I didn't say it was "your" thread. Only *you* can change your title which is the only reason I referenced you in the first place and if it was important to you, then you should do that.

Slacking said:
IMO, if someone doesn't want to know who gets eliminated before viewing the show, they probably shouldn't read the thread until they view the episode. I love seeing people's instant reactions to the weekly boot.

Looking foward to this season and the possibility of more interesting contestants.

My thoughts as well

Lisa loves Pooh said:
I didn't say it was "your" thread. Only *you* can change your title which is the only reason I referenced you in the first place and if it was important to you, then you should do that.

My thoughts as well

Well if the majority doesn't want this thread to have spoilers then we will start an Official American Idol spoiler thread too. Can't hurt! I love the spoilers myself and won't have a problem with starting up a spoiler thread if need be. I can't wait for those auditions!

I've got my DVR all set! I get all giggly when the commercials come on. My DD5 is excited because it will be "dude" night once again. (she calls her daddy dude and they like to play video games together.) I will be banished to my room while they hang out in the living room. Last season she would get mad if it wasn't AI night, lol.

skiwee1 said:
Well if the majority doesn't want this thread to have spoilers then we will start an Official American Idol spoiler thread too. Can't hurt! I love the spoilers myself and won't have a problem with starting up a spoiler thread if need be. I can't wait for those auditions!

You're such a rebel!
:rotfl:

I will respect an OP if they really want something--that's why I spoke up.

But I'll happily post on a spoiler thread. :goodvibes

Lisa loves Pooh said:
You're such a rebel!
:rotfl:

I will respect an OP if they really want something--that's why I spoke up.

But I'll happily post on a spoiler thread. :goodvibes

I'm not trying to be a rebel! Honest! I can see no spoilers if that is what the majority wants. No biggie. I happen to LOVE spoilers so I see no reason not to have a spoiler thread too if things don't happen on this one. I've alway thought that if someone doesn't want to know something until they watch the show later then don't read the thread beforehand.

skiwee1 said:
I'm not trying to be a rebel! Honest! I can see no spoilers if that is what the majority wants. No biggie. I happen to LOVE spoilers so I see no reason not to have a spoiler thread too if things don't happen on this one. I've alway thought that if someone doesn't want to know something until they watch the show later then don't read the thread beforehand.

I was just teasin' ;).

You remind me of someone I used to work with--her nickname was skeeter (at least I hope it was--that is what she went by)..so whenever I read your posts--her voice pops in my head...so that post made me chuckle for some reason. :goodvibes

ETA: I also agree with that last line completely.

Back on topic:
So--does everyone think they'll be focusing more on bad singers in the previews.? It seems the people who "sneak through" to the semi-final rounds--don't usually make it to the final round. So the producers must have an idea of what will happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter