American Idol - 2007

It struck me that Lakisha doesn't look like she's enjoying herself either. She seems anxious and unsure of herself on stage.

I totally agree. I think that is what Jordin and Melinda have going for them over her. I think when it first began Melinda was too "Mousey" but she seems to have come into her own and showed more confidence lately. Jordin has always had such self confidence without being cocky at all. I like that about her!

How cruel was that to Jordin? I kept thinking there had to be a twist and that if Jordin went home, I was done with that show!

I know!!!! I can't believe they did that to anyone never mind a 17 year old girl...it was just mean:sad1: At first I thought maybe they told them ahead of time but then I think not because of her reaction...she would have to be a extraordinary actress. I spent alot of the show thinking are they really going to kick someone off a charity show???? It was kind of distracting but I did like the show over all. :thumbsup2

I loved Josh Groban and the Children's choir. It made me teary-eyed, in a good way.

I kept thinking that they wouldn't kick someone off but then I read somewhere else that weeks left wise they had too and then they started all the your safe stuff and I couldn't believe it. Of course with two going home next week it could be interesting.

Have we heard the final theme for next week? Not that it matters since Jon will be the mentor. LOL I'll just drool over him for the two hours.

So I missed two weeks because of my vacation and I'm mad at myself that I didn't tape them - I missed the charity episode and I missed country week! Bummer! But I was glad to jump back in tonight with rock week!

Can I just speak of my Bon Jovi love for a moment? Now that I think about it, I am a lifelong Bon Jovi fan. I still remember that Slippery When Wet was one of the 3 tapes I bought when I got my first little pink plastic tape player at age 8 or 9. (The other two were Madonna's True Blue and Janet Jackson's Control!) And (like Phil) I was totally singing Blaze of Glory in front of my mirror with a comb in junior high. Fast forward a few years to when I met my husband - he reintroduced me to them by playing Cross Road in his car nonstop and Someday I'll be Saturday Night (totally age-inappropriate, I know) was his daughters' favorite song to sing - I will forever remember his youngest's little 6 year old voice shouting out "Hey, man, I'm alive!" from the backseat. The Crush album came out the first summer we lived together and I wore that CD out. Every time I hear a song from it I am taken right back to those days. Thank You For Loving Me ended up being our last dance song at our wedding. I never really think about them when I think of my favorite artists, but they are so totally wrapped up in my personal history.

Sorry for the tangent, back to AI. I'm not generally a Phil fan but I thought he did well with that song. That seems to be his element. I love my Blake, but I was not a fan of his interpretation. I don't think Chris or Jordin did their songs justice. Which brings me to Melinda and Lakisha. I don't like it when they alter the week's theme to fit their vocal range. I'd want to see what they can do with an actual rock song, even if they end up failing, and I felt Lakisha turned a rock song (because power ballads are definitely rock!) into a soul song. Melinda, on the other hand, clearly stepped outside of her comfort zone and she rocked! I have to give her tons of credit!

I think Simon was right about Blake half will like it half will not...I personally LOVED it....he did what Bonjovi said to them all "take the lyrics and make them your own" I thought it was amazing! As another lifetime Bonjovi fan I was worried about what they were going to do to all the songs. Thank goodness noone really butchered any of them. I think they were a bit hard on Jordin, I don't think she did that bad and I thought she looked great! What composure for a 17 year old girl. My 17 year old daughter could totally relate to Jordin when she was talking about her mom with Bon Jovi...that so could have been us:rotfl: Anyway...I think Lakisha did the worst last night and probably Chris also. Will be tricky this week since they are using this weeks votes and last:confused3 Go Blake:cheer2:

As for Bon Jovi just read my tags. LOL

I loved last night. My favorites were Phil and Blake followed by Melinda. I think that Lakisha did good but like NEE above she really changed up the song and it didn't really sound like Bon Jovi anymore. Chris and Jordin didn't do great on there songs. It was hard with me for Chris though since he's never been one of my favorites and I loved Chris D.s version last year.

Ok who all do we think is going home tonight? I'm hoping for Lakisha and Chris but with two gone it could be almost anyone.

I want Phil and Chris to go. I've never been real impressed with either of them. Lakisha - up and down with her but last night I really liked her. I thought Blake was the best last night. While Jordin wasn't great last night - she's just been consistently so good that I'd hate to see her go.

I pretty much liked everyone last night. Loved Phil and the opening...I felt it was a great song for him, and he did it really well.

Jordan I missed...damn phone!!! But I saw the critique, and I thought she looked like a rocker chick.

I think Melinda did great, and showed an attitude that we haven't seen from her yet. She can sing anything, and hands down is so good at them all, I have liked everything she has done.

Chris and Lakisha were ok...

For me the stand out was Blake. WOW, I LOVED IT!!! Different, innovative, just such a refreshing new take for me. It was so daring, and the look was perfect.

I think it should be bye bye for Chris and Lakisha...I haven't really loved either one of them form the start...I find them both rather boring, each week they sound the same. I am getting rather tired of Lakisha screaming out her songs, she way over sings them:eek: LOVE<3 LOVE <3<3:love: LOVE Blake:love:

I watched it once I got home from the theater last night. I wasn't completly shocked but was surprised that Phil went before Lakisha. However with only one guy left this may work to Blakes advantage. I'm hoping that the Phil and Chris people will now vote for him.

Next week should be interesting with Boogie songs. LOL what in the world are the girls going to sing?

I agree I do think Lakisha should have gone before Phil or Chris especially since Phil has really stepped it up now for a number of weeks

Those were my two choices to go home last night, though I thought Lakisha was awfully close to Phil and Chris. I'm really glad that Jordin and Blake are still there, along with Melinda though I see her in a different place/class then the rest. It won't matter to her if she wins or not, imho!

So what is everyone thinking:idea: about last night? I'm a bit worried for Blake :sad2: even though I personally liked it...I think Lakisha should be concerned, but I find her boring so I wouldn't mind if she left. I think Jordin was the only one who did well. Even though the judges didn't like her second song, I thought she did well:cheer2:

I missed the show, but got to see everything on YouTube. I have to say Jordan was the standout for me. Melinda was great as usual, and I liked her songs. I liked what Blake did, I thought it was upbeat, and the judges were really harsh. I didn't like either of Lakisha's songs. My guess is Blake and Lakisha bottom 2, and I hope Blake gets another week, but I'm not so confident for him...fingers crossed.

On a side note, did anyone else think that Barry Gibb's dentures seemed a little big, and he was having trouble speaking? Did he always talk that way? I was never a huge fan, so I really don't know....just curious....

Another lackluster show for me. Noone really stood out. I actually liked Blakes songs but I don't think they were all that. I did vote for him last night. At first I couldn't get through but then I was able too. I didn't vote a whole lot but some. I could see Lakisha and Blake in the bottom two with I hope Lakisha going home. I'm not sure I want to watch an all female Idol finale again. I agree with the judges about Melinda too. She's good but I'm tired of the same thing every week. I want to see that WOW performance and I'm not sure she's capable of giving it to me.

Does anyone here look at DialIdol? There predictions are pretty interesting this week.

Do we know what they are doing next week? I'm trying to remember in years past if the contestants have always had a week where they did anysong they have sang before. I know I remember it from some years but I don't know if it was every year.

hmm...don't know what them are doing next week:confused3 I also don't want an all female finale but then again I'm a huge Blake fan:love: I think he will be like Chris Daughtry and find success on some level even if he doesn't win. I would love to see Jordin go to the final 2... I realize that techincally she isn't always as good as Melinda but I find her all around just more enjoyable. I must say that having Melinda's personality show a bit more these past weeks has been a good thing. I just still find her a bit too boring:rolleyes1
And as far as Barry Gibbb...I agree what was up with his voice??? Drove me nuts...may daughter asked me if he had a tongue that waqs too big for his mouth???Too funny:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!