American Idol - 2007

I actually enjoyed the show this week. I thought most of the kids sang much better then the last couple of weeks. I actually called Stephanie as going home yesterday morning here at work and noone would believe me. Do they not know how much useless tv info I have. LOL

I was at the theater last night so I quickly went through the show this morning so see who was really kicked off. Did Ryan say next weeks theme?

I missed the first 20 minutes or so. What was the theme tonight? It didn't seem to make sense to me.

Luckily I got home in time to see Sanjaya. :scared1: I almost want to keep him around to see what hairstyle he comes up with next week!

And was it me, or did Gwen Stefani seem obsessed with the word "melody?"

I missed the first 20 minutes or so. What was the theme tonight? It didn't seem to make sense to me.

Luckily I got home in time to see Sanjaya. :scared1: I almost want to keep him around to see what hairstyle he comes up with next week!

And was it me, or did Gwen Stefani seem obsessed with the word "melody?"

Do you think he's pushing just to see what he can get away with! The only thing the hair did for me was to think that if someone snipped off those "whatevers" he'd look better!:scared1:

Not sure of the theme either but I did think some of them did great. Lakisha and Gina were really good, of course Melinda did great. Haley was almost worse than Sanjaya, at least imho!

I really think the theme was just whoever Gwen liked. LOL I read that she gave a list of names to the producers and the kids had to pick from them.

I thought overall the show was pretty good. I'm kindof tired of Melinda and Lakisha singing the same stuff every week even though they can sing I wish they'd venture from their normal songs. I was surprised by Phil this week. I think he sounded so much better then before. I think I've decided I'm a Blake and Jordin fan. Those are the two that I think I'd buy if they made a cd.

So who all do we think will be voted off. I'm thinking and mostly hoping that bottom three will be Haley, Chris R, and Sanjaya (I so hope) but I think its Haleys time to go home this week.

What about the way Simon critiqued Sanjaya? Like they know it has nothing to do with the singing...just the vote for the worst and Howard Stern... The hair and everything was just so strange, it was almost like he was saying, I can do anything and stay on this show...

I missed the 1st 2, but on recap, it didn't seem like I missed much. I came in during Gina, and thought she sounded really good. I wasn't crazy about Jordan this week, and honestly was surprised that she was praised for that song...to me she sounded breathless.

I thought Phil did really well too. Love Blake, he sounded like he was already on the radio to me. Melinda belted out another one, and this time was working the stage.

Sanjaya seems to thumb his nose at the whole thing with his hair, bad singing and attitude and the judges seem resigned to it - like it really doesn't matter with him. It takes away from the premise of the show for those of us interested in the music.

The Fox station here is predicting Chris Sligh - saying he doesn't connect with the audience like some of the other singers who don't have as good a voice. We'll see. Personally, not including Sanjaya, I think Haley was the worst.

I did think Jordin did a pretty good job, not her best, but I really like her a lot!

Jenny - I think you're right about the theme - "whatever Gwen liked".

I actually think that Chris Sligh is getting better with his conversations. At first his sense of humor came across as kindof crass but every week he seems to be getting better. I'd hate to see him go so soon.

Do we know what next weeks theme is yet? I just can't wait for Bon Jovi night. LOL I think I read where its the first week in May which seems so far away.

Well Sanjaya reigns yet again. I hope we're not stuck with him until the end. This is starting to irrate me. I thought Hayley should have gone rather than Chris Sligh but if not this week, he would have gone soon.

Next week - Tony Bennett. I'm looking forward to that - that will really challenge some of them. Maybe Sanjaya will sing [/I]I left my heart in San Francisco"[/I].

First, when Ryan came out with the wig on, and said he had been Sanjayad it was too funny... And I told my DS yesterday that we were going to Sanjaya him today after school, so that made it even more funny for us...

So, we knew that he was staying, at least till those anti-idol people get tired of the game. Chris seemed not his usual jovial self over the last weeks, so maybe he is just being cynical about the whole thing at this point, and didn't seem to care much about the competition.

Next week will be interesting too. I can't wait to see how Blake puts his spin on a Tony Bennett song.

So Sanji's hair for Tony Bennett? Slicked back maybe, like Ace last year?

Wouldn't it have been fun to cut off those pony tails?

Ok I FF through it this morning since I was at the movies last night. LOL i would say my bottom three are Haley, Phil and Sanjaya. Since I think its still too early for Sanjaya to be sent home I think it may be Phils week.

No one really wowed me all that much this week. I'm really over Meilnda and Lakisha. I know they sang songs for this weeks theme but they are so boring to me. I'm tired of watching the same stuff over and over.

Oh yeah and I was talking to my little sister yesterday whose 12 and asked if she likes Sanjaya since they keep saying its the 12 yr old little girls voting for him and she said that No he's creepy and she's a Blake girl. LOL My DH said she is so my sister. She also said that her friends either like Blake or Chris which could become a problem when they both need to votes but hopefully Blake can pull it out.

My bottom three - Phil, Haley, and oh yeah, Sanjaya. I think Phil's going.

I didn't care for Lakisha's version of Stormy Weather even though the judges raved. Melinda - same - I agree with you Jenny.

Liked Blake & Chris last night - Jordin was ok.

I had a phone call during Idol from a friend who's mother is having heart surgery this am so I didn't give the middle my full attention.

I'm thinking of giving up on American Idol after tonight's elimination. :sad2:

I was very surprised with last night. I expected her to last a couple more weeks at least.

Did you see Sanjayas new haircut? Its alot shorter now.

Haley "hot legs" should have gone...she can't sing!!!!!!:scared1: Gina should have stayed a bit longer atleast...it's getting kind of ridiculous. I too find Melinda and Lakisha soooo boring...I only watch for Blake and Jordin:woohoo:

I agree that it's getting kind of ridiculous. Gina gave a great performance amongst many weak ones.

Is anyone afraid that Sanjaya may actually win this whole thing?

Of course, I think Sanjaya should be going home! My favorite is Jordin - for someone so young her voice is sensational. Melinda is very good but predictable. Blake is refreshing but to edgy for me. Personally, I like Haley but know that she has no chance of winning and will probably go home in the next two weeks - maybe three if Sanjaya gets the boot. :goodvibes

I'll end with the fact that if Sanjaya isn't voted off soon then as soon as Haley is voted off I'm going to stop watching. Since I'm from Texas I want to see how far Haley can go and know people who know her and say she is a wonderful person so I wish her well.

Not may favorite week. I thought Jennifer did a great job in coaching and talking with the kids. The only performance that I really liked was Blake. I actually think you could tell he could sing tonight which was good. Is it weird that I thought Sanjaya did ok in the Spanish parts but wasn't liking the English parts?

Now to the bottom two I'm going to go with Haley and Phil again and then Phil going home. How many weeks can he really be that low and then be safe.

Not may favorite week. I thought Jennifer did a great job in coaching and talking with the kids. The only performance that I really liked was Blake. I actually think you could tell he could sing tonight which was good. Is it weird that I thought Sanjaya did ok in the Spanish parts but wasn't liking the English parts?

I agree with everything you said! Now to the bottom two I'm going to go with Haley and Phil again and then Phil going home. How many weeks can he really be that low and then be safe.

I agree. I thought Haley and Phil were the worst with Sanjaya almost as bad (I can't believe I said that either). My top three were Blake, Jordin, Melinda. Everyone else was just ok for me (does this sound like Randy).

My favorite is Blake. I hope he wins and I thought he was the only one who did well last night. Phil needs to go home. Haven't liked him from the beginning. I'm just overall not impressed with anyone this year except for Blake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter