Amazing Race

I love beignets so I didn’t quite get the issue with the boyfriends. Were they just unusually large? Whenever we go to Disney, we always get a bag of beignets from Jazz Kitchen to eat while we are waiting for rope drop.
Maybe it was the adrenaline? I got the impression that it wasn't that it was too much food but rather his body just didn't want to eat food then so it was hard to keep it down; if that was it any amount might have been too much.

On the topic of beignets my husband and I absolutely loved the ones at DL when we went last year. So good.

I love beignets so I didn’t quite get the issue with the boyfriends. Were they just unusually large? Whenever we go to Disney, we always get a bag of beignets from Jazz Kitchen to eat while we are waiting for rope drop.

I think he ate a lot of the cake when he was looking for the baby. So he was pretty stuffed when he had to eat the beignets.

I'm not sure it (only for) budgeting. I think they realized that when one team ended up 6 hours behind due to a flight issue it removes all suspense and potentially slows down production since they can't move Phil and the production team around him until the last team is eliminated
You're probably correct in that it's a bit of both. Last minute tickets have the potential to be priced sky high. I believe in the beginning they could buy several refundable tickets. That eventually got changed so that it was effectively you-buy-it-you-fly-it, to the current situation, where they just need to check in. And these tickets are probably bought far enough in advance that you save quite a bit on the flight budget.

And there have been instances where Phil and crew were barely ahead of the Racers. So by switching to more of a stage rally format, Phil can do the Pit Stop, move on, shoot scenes at the checkpoints, etc.

There was one that finished in Vegas that was easier I think. No needle/haystack task so it really came down to the first taxi ride there.

I agree I think the Vegas one was the easiest one to date, I think all they had to do was slide down the side of the Luxor and ride on a helicopter. I think if they wanted more drama they should have swapped the puzzle from the last episode with the globe puzzle.

I was rooting for the boyfriends to win, so overall I am happy with how everything played out.

Well, that certainly wasn't a very exciting finale, and the finish order was the opposite of what I would have liked.
I didn't care for all the working together as an alliance type of play, but I still enjoyed the season overall.

Exactly what I thought.

I am a goody goody rule follower at times, and I *think* :rotfl:I am a decent person.

But I guess I like the game, the hunt, the strategy, the win more than my sweet little self realized. :rotfl2:

I agree, it was a good strategy they used. It very well could have backfired on them too by creating an alliance that had 2 teams with athletes.

But I guess I like the game, the hunt, the strategy, the win more than my sweet little self realized. :rotfl2:
I have enough knowledge of myself and my husband that even if we might be good at some tasks in the heat of the moment we'd both probably come off as whiny and I know my husband would get frustrated quicker than me. Plus I get hangry...that itself means it's a no go for me

Even knowing this I reserve the right to judge any and all contestants as I live vicariously through their game play :laughing:

Had a bad feeling it would be them winning. I love New Orleans unfortunately only been once so I liked all of the tasks even though did not care for 2 of the 3 teams.

I have enough knowledge of myself and my husband that even if we might be good at some tasks in the heat of the moment we'd both probably come off as whiny and I know my husband would get frustrated quicker than me. Plus I get hangry...that itself means it's a no go for me

Even knowing this I reserve the right to judge any and all contestants as I live vicariously through their game play :laughing:

With my DH and I, if we ever went on the show would good for TV. We don't normally fight but get us in a high stress moment we are horrible and scream and yell at each other. We drive to Disney when we go. Once we hit Disney property the fighting starts until we park the car. That car doesn't move again until we leave. When we leave it starts until we are on the high way. Then we are good. It would be quite comical to watch.

So Reality Blurred has an interview with the producers Elise and Bertram, and with regard to the alliance, they said
“I’m going to be really honest with you,” Doganieri told me. “I think we’re going to have to put a rule on that in the future.”

But given how the Race dynamics work, they said it's unlikely to be a blanket ban on alliances
“We wouldn’t want somebody just share information with another team. It might be challenge-specific, because sometimes we might want them to work with a group.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter