Amazing Race!

I like the Doctors too but I thought for sure they messed up because didn't he parasail an then didn't he take the boat out to get the fish? I thought that had to be the other person and I kept waiting for that to come up...especially when it did for the other teams.

Liz

He parasailed because she told the cabbie, in Spanish, to follow the parasailers. Oh wait just reread what you said but I still think they did it right. The parasailer had to row the boat.

Okay, all caught up with the new season. :thumbsup2

I don't know who I like yet. I can tell you one thing that I didn't like...the screaming from Jamal and Leo. That's going to get old fast!! :sad2:

Or maybe I am just being extra irritable because I have a horribly painful ear infection!

No they are annoying.. and I don't have an ear infection:rotfl2:

Umm, I liked them. Found them full of life. I guess I'm in the absolute minority. :goodvibes

I like it more when the race used to be just your "average joe's"
!

Honestly, I think that's why the AR - Canada went over so well. Besides one team who are famous here - they were just that. It was refreshing.

I was thinking about your comment as I saw the scenes for next week. I thought "boy I guess one needs to look pretty darn good in a lack of clothes to be picked!". :goodvibes

Traveliz said:
I like the Doctors too but I thought for sure they messed up because didn't he parasail an then didn't he take the boat out to get the fish? I thought that had to be the other person and I kept waiting for that to come up...especially when it did for the other teams.

Liz

Other way around, whoever did the parasailing -so not the one that had to find the parasailer, had to do the boat thing...there were I think 2 teams who got it backwards at first.

Other way around, whoever did the parasailing -so not the one that had to find the parasailer, had to do the boat thing...there were I think 2 teams who got it backwards at first.

Thanks all - I assumed that it was the other way around...and to be honest I came home from a long weekend and was super tired watching it. I am surprised they had the parasailer do the rowing too.

Liz

Umm, I liked them. Found them full of life. I guess I'm in the absolute minority. :goodvibes
No, I liked them, too. But I thought that the "twinnies" were good together, too. Both teams enjoyed themselves and were supportive of one another. And the yip-yip-yip....something that 'kids' would do. And, they do seem young. :) That said, I always take a couple of legs to get to know the teams, so I'll reserve judgement just now.

Previews show a bikini episode next week. DVR is set with all the eye candy this season!! :thumbsup2

I actually like the afganimals! :thumbsup2

I also thought it was crappy that the dweeb with the pink hair stole their taxi, made dislike her even more.

Liked the Bingo boys and have to like the couple from Boston because I live in MA. ;)

I like it more when the race used to be just your "average joe's" who could use the money--what is there 3 teams on here that are related to professional sports to some degree?
There are the 2 who are the LA King ice crew girls, the 2 former NFL players, the 2 wives of MLB players---maybe they need the money who knows just think they shouldn't have a season with this many on it.
I like the couple Jason and Amy so far and am sure that the squabbling between Tim and Marie is going to get old fast.
I love the AR so look forward to the weeks ahead!

We also commented on this. We have ex-NFL players, baseball wives, cardiac surgeons, and 2 guys under a pile of medical bills who can barely feed their families. Something's just not right about that.

We also commented on this. We have ex-NFL players, baseball wives, cardiac surgeons, and 2 guys under a pile of medical bills who can barely feed their families. Something's just not right about that.

Gosh I know, right? I thought the same thing. Guess who I'm rooting for.

I do not like pink haired girl and her partner(they annoyed me) :rotfl:, really do like alot of the teams, but would like to see someone that isn't a baseball wife, ex NFL star, cardiac surgeons, etc win. Although, I found myself really liking those teams. i also liked the Boston people, and the guys who were from OKlahoma. :)

ShirikiUtundu said:

Agreed, why are these people on the show? I just don't understand.

My guess is that the only people who could do a show like AR (or Survivor or Big Brother) are either those with no jobs or no need to work. Those "average joes" can't take off 3 months from work without getting fired.

And quelle surprise - he's American. :rotfl2: Born in Texas - raised in Kansas. :lmao:

How he got to Manitoba, who knows. :goodvibes

Well you certainly have been doing your homework on that man missy!
How he got to Manitoba? I'm sure you will find out! You AR Canada super stalker you! :rotfl:

I heard one of the guys say, it was his buddies life long dream to do TAR and he was along for the ride.

I thought it was unfair that the 2nd group was over 2 hours behind. But maybe TAR is going back to how it started, teams could be a day or two behind other teams

;
My guess is that the only people who could do a show like AR (or Survivor or Big Brother) are either those with no jobs or no need to work. Those "average joes" can't take off 3 months from work without getting fired.

I don't know. Most of AR Canada seemed like average joes and employed. One was a Labour Relations Officer, a nurse, tax auditor and two police officers. Who knows. Well one was a bikini model - I guess one can take time off that. :lmao: (And it came in handy when they had to perform and beg for money on one leg.) The winner, who was a nurse, said his hospital was totally open to grant him the time for chance of a lifetime. But then again it probably wasn't as long of a leave for it. Less teams and less long haul travel.

Well you certainly have been doing your homework on that man missy!
How he got to Manitoba? I'm sure you will find out! You AR Canada super stalker you! :rotfl:

Thanks for the support! ;) :thumbsup2 Probably not on the bold though since I totally stopped in my tracks when I found out he was American. :rotfl2: It entertained me to no end since it often seemed like the group didn't quite understand him.

But yes google is like Christmas for the curious! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

No, I liked them, too.

I actually like the afganimals! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

I thought it was unfair that the 2nd group was over 2 hours behind. But maybe TAR is going back to how it started, teams could be a day or two behind other teams

I know I kept thinking they must meet up somewhere where something doesn't open for a few hours but nope!

Seems odd the way social make up of this group....

I was disappointed, too, that there was no way to catch up. That bored me. There were a LOT of teams I did not like, too. The ice chicks, the baseball wives, the team that came in first, the dating couple, the father/daughter, the screamers..

I really like the football players, the bingo guys, the doctors, and the guys from Oklahoma.

I hope the whole season isn't as annoying and lame as last night...

I'm the opposite, I hate catch up legs. If you're 12 hours behind, I think one flight for everyone stinks. They should have to work their way back not have it handed to the them. And if they're 12 hours behind until they are eliminated, so be it.

Okay, all caught up with the new season. :thumbsup2

Honestly, I think that's why the AR - Canada went over so well. Besides one team who are famous here - they were just that. It was refreshing.

I was thinking about your comment as I saw the scenes for next week. I thought "boy I guess one needs to look pretty darn good in a lack of clothes to be picked!". :goodvibes

Not the only one, I loved the twinies.

Why not? They tried out and the producers felt they would make interesting tv.

Not the only one, I loved the twinies.

My ears are still bleeding :rotfl: I am sure they were chosen for their personalities as well as Leo and Jamal chosen for their personalities. I work with a gal who has one of those personalities (loud and yapping all the time). It gets tiresome after awhile. Thank goodness, I get to go home and get break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter