Am I the only one who IS NOT concerned with the busses?

I like the bus service. With that said, last week we had two instances of HORRIBLE bus drivers. The first driver got lost. Yes lost. Couldn't figure out where the Yacht Club bus stop was. She kept going in circles. 3 times in and out of Yacht Club's parking lot. People were getting irritated. I was laughing.

The other bus driver drove to Blizzard Beach instead of Typhoon Lagoon. Blizzard Beach is CLOSED this month.

I have been to Disney eight times since 2001 and have never had an issue with the busses at all. Some of the passengers perhapps, but that is another thread I am sure.

I Love Pluto said:
I would assume that most bus complaints are from people who have never used public transportation. Disney's transportation is comparably excellent.

I expect to find this is true. I use the busses here (Milwaukee) to get to school (15minute ride) and work (2 busses/1hr 10minute in waiting and travel time). Disney's transportation sounds like a dream, and people always have stories of getting direct service if a bus doesn't show. 20minutes is seriously no big deal, try freezing on a corner in town for 60 minutes because the bus never showed up at a specific time slot, and it only comes around every 30minutes.

My DD3 would revolt if we didn't use the Disney busses. She thinks that they are one of the rides. :) We like the Disney bus system. I sometimes think that I must walk around is some sort of Disney-induced haze because I just rarely see the majority of the complaints that I read about on the Dis. The busses have always worked well for us.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney Transport.

I love the idea of not even carrying around a car key for a week.

Besides, when I go to WDW, I wrap myself comfortably in the Disney cocoon and don't want to leave WDW grounds while I'm there.

For me, I think it's great that bus service is offered at all. Free transportation is something that should be appreciated and not complained about imho. :)

Count me in as a bus fan! I agree with OPs. When I am at WDW I am on VACATION!!!!!!! I have quit trying to do everything every trip and now I am able to relax and enjoy it much more. I love not having to drive, cook, clean or work... a bus that takes a few minutes longer than anticipated does not ruffle my feathers. In fact, if a lot of people would chill a little they might enjoy their experience a lot more. I have found in my "old age" that sweating the little things is a huge waste of energy.

The last couple of trips, we have had some really entertaining bus drivers that brought smiles to everyones face.

mamacatnv said:
Seems like the busses are a big issue with many. I am so thankful to not have to drive anywhere for 8 or 9 days, I think the Disney transportation system is great!

I don't mind waiting for one, standing on one, if I don't want to stand I wait for another.

It is free, it is pretty dang efficient and takes all the worry out of where to park, where is the car and where are we going........

Just my thoughts.......

I love using WDW transportation. I had my first off-site experience the week of Thanksgiving and I did not see the time saving of drivingthat people have commented on. I had to wait in line to pay for my parking pass, wait in line to park, wait in line for the tram, wait in line for the ferry or monorail. It is so much easier to get on the bus at the resort and get off at the park!! JMPO

Bottom Line.......................You are on vacation, and have all the time in the world :rotfl2: I love the busses :thumbsup2

mamacatnv said:
Seems like the busses are a big issue with many. I am so thankful to not have to drive anywhere for 8 or 9 days, I think the Disney transportation system is great!

I don't mind waiting for one, standing on one, if I don't want to stand I wait for another.

It is free, it is pretty dang efficient and takes all the worry out of where to park, where is the car and where are we going........

Just my thoughts.......

I'm right there with you - I LOVE the buses!!! I've never had to wait long for a bus and I just love not having to drive while on vacation - I can look around at the scenery on the way to the parks instead of keeping my eyes on the road. :thumbsup2

It's Buses for us!! We don't mind the waits or the standing. However, I do mind when we get "Grumpy" for a bus driver. We got him twice (same man) on our last trip. (Dec 1-10). Then we were lucky and never saw him again.

I love the buses. We do not get lost on the bus like we do when DH drives.

We rented a car and ended up using the busses a lot. Sometimes it was just easier to hop on a bus.

We love the WDW Transportation system! We've never rented a car & only once used a taxi. On rare occasions, we've waited more than 20 minutes. Overall, I'd give them a grade of 98.

We don't worry about the buses ever. We have driven to WDW a few times and never moved the car once it was parked.

If the bus is full and we don't want to stand, we wait for the next one. If they are running slow? Oh well!!!

I swear sometimes we must be the most laid back bunch at WDW. :teeth: I cannot remember rushing anywhere in all the times I have gone.

I think Disney's transportation system is very good and its free - what's there to complain about, honestly ? Sure, every now and then we experienced a long wait (our most recent vacation of 7 days we had only one very long wait for a bus at DTD, so I think Disney batted about 95% for the week and again its free, so no complaints from me.

I think for some people the issue with relying on public transportation is that it becomes a "control" issue and you are no longer in control if are relying on Disney to get you from point A to point B. I can understand this, but fortunately I'm happy to leave the driving to Disney.

We also enjoy the socializing aspect too; sharing stories with our fellow travelers and learning something new about the most wonderful place on earth :)

Happy Trails -

Joe

What it comes to is that you will always have insatisfied people out there that just like to complain for nothing. People complain about the wait, about the food (if the restaurant is too loud), about the resorts etc. (why don't they just stay home). I am a very mellow person and I enjoy myself wherever I am. They expect everything to be perfect because it's Disney, I mean chill out people and just friggin relax and go with the flow :cool1: and be thankful that you get to see Disney World. I've been to Disney 4 times now and I do not have one complaint to make, everything was perfect (from the resort to the parks and restaurants). They well exceeded my expectations.

WDWFRV said:
What it comes to is that you will always have insatisfied people out there that just like to complain for nothing. People complain about the wait, about the food (if the restaurant is too loud), about the resorts etc. (why don't they just stay home). I am a very mellow person and I enjoy myself wherever I am. They expect everything to be perfect because it's Disney, I mean chill out people and just friggin relax and go with the flow :cool1: and be thankful that you get to see Disney World. I've been to Disney 4 times now and I do not have one complaint to make, everything was perfect (from the resort to the parks and restaurants). They well exceeded my expectations.

Well said! I feel the same way. :thumbsup2

I think the busses are great! Of course I've never used them when it's been extremely busy, but it still beats trying to find your way around Disney property with their less than helpful signs.. And if it were dark and I had a rental car? Forget it! I'd end up in Miami.. :rotfl2:

We love using the Disney transportation! We're never usually in a great hurry to get anywhere....we're on vacation! Plus, DH hates to drive when he's on vacation at WDW. However, if we are traveling resort-to-resort for dinner or an event, we do take the rental car to avoid transfers and extra-long commute times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter