Am I the only one who IS NOT concerned with the busses?

mamacatnv

That be a Mum Y'all - a Texas Mum
Seems like the busses are a big issue with many. I am so thankful to not have to drive anywhere for 8 or 9 days, I think the Disney transportation system is great!

I don't mind waiting for one, standing on one, if I don't want to stand I wait for another.

It is free, it is pretty dang efficient and takes all the worry out of where to park, where is the car and where are we going........

Just my thoughts.......

I agree.

I also take ALL of the bus complaints with a grain of salt.

I once got on the bus at OKW with a man who proceeded to YELL at the driver that he had been waiting for WELL OVER HALF AN HOUR.... Funny, I looked at the driver and said "I waited 15 minutes and HE arrived after I did" (Man shut up and sat down!)

Count me in with you two!! I love the buses at WDW. Rarely do I encounter any problems with them. Had one last week that was incredible though. The bus got to MK, the bus driver hopped out, two other drivers got in, closed the doors. Then, finally opened the doors. My friend and I hopped on, they closed the doors behind us! Reopened to let the ECV person in. The whole thing took forever. Why? The driver was being trained. I guess everyone has to learn. It only took about 10-15 minutes longer than it normally would have...it just seemed like it took forever. I can see why people think they have been waiting for much longer than they actually do. Now.....let's not talk about the buses to DTD...those are the ones I avoid if at all possible.

I agree except for two points -

- We once got on a bus from MGM to SSR that had no a/c; it had quit. The bus was stifling and most uncomfortable. I think they should have taken it out of service, but the driver picked up more passengers when we alighted (I warned some of them). This was in mid-June. :crazy:

- The bus route for the Epcot hotels is too long. IMHO, it should be broken up.

I drive a lot during the week and do appreciate not having to do so on vacation at WDW. 90% of the time, it is a pleasant experience. :goodvibes

I agree- I would dread the idea of DH in a rental car trying to follow a map to get from place to place. No searching for parking! AND we are both under 25 so an extra $25 a day for a rental car YEAH RIGHT!!!!! WE WILL TAKE THE BUS!!!

First of all...I have issues with busses. It goes back to high school, so yes it's a 'me' thing. That said, I really don't mind the busses at WDW. Although we normally rent a car, I look forward to MK days when I know it's easier and faster to take the bus. The park buses normally are quite efficient(however, the DTD buses are another story!). Enjoy the busses to the parks, enjoy reading the signs above the seats, enjoy talking and listening to your fellow park goers, and build your enthusiasm for a fun filled day at the parks!

You are not the only one. I really don't like taking any sort of public transporation. It's just me, I like my space, quiet etc. I was willing to give the Disney busses a try, but after all my researching, I decided to rent a car.

We are staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins, and it seems those busses are some of the slower ones. So since we leave the day after my birthday, I asked my hubby to rent me a car for our trip. I think it will be less stress for me, and I'm usually pretty good with directions. We stayed offsite last year, and rented a car to get around, so I think I will be ok.

I really try to limit my driving as well . I drive from 30 to 300 miles everyday and it changes.This is from the Balto. to DC beltway systems and for those that know know it's a real pain.

I do think they could be much more efficent with the way they run .with one person on a platform to watch and call out .I know they do it at certian times but it would be good to do all day long.

I dont want to stand in a looonngg line to rent a car. I dont want to try to find my way to WDW. I dont want to get lost in WDW. I dont want to endure parking lots

I Just want to go and enjoy our vacation!

We love riding the bus. We always drive to WDW, so it's not lack of a car, but we just love the cameraderie of the bus. We especially like walking out to the bus at the end of the day, letting them drive us around, drop us at the door and we go to bed :goodvibes No hassling with parking or walking all the way out to the back-40 parking lot. We like to ride the boats & mnorail too :teeth: In fact, sometimes we just get on the transportation and ride. In our next life we're coming back as hound dogs.

The busses rule! I love not having to drive for a whole week. My only frustration with not having a car is that I'm always hungry when I get in from the parks at 12:45 in the morning and nothing is open unless I want to head to Downtown Disney (and even those choices are extremely limited after midnight).

We only had two bus issues this past week.

Waiting at ASSpo on Thursday evening, 12/14, to go to MK for MVMCP, an MK bus finally arrives and we head over to the next two All-Star resorts. At one of them (I think it was ASMo), our bus driver waits for the MK bus ahead of him to finish loading so that he can pull into the MK spot to pick up some passengers. While we're loading, another MK bus pulls up on the driver's side of our bus blocking us in. Now, we have to wait for that bus to load as well before it pulls out so that we can finally pull out (would have been nice for us if that driver had waited like ours did; instead, those people further back in the line at ASMo got to leave before those before them did).

Waiting at ASSpo on Friday evening, 12/15, to go to Epcot, an Epcot bus arrives after we waited for about 8 minutes and is just ready to pull out with the six passengers he picked up there when three female teenage volleyball players showed up, then 2 minutes later, another couple of them with their coach and/or chaperone, then 5 minutes later, another 3 of them showed up and of course, they all had to laugh at how "Jill" can never get anywhere on time. I told my son (not really meaning it) that in the future, we'll just send one family member to the bus while the rest of us finish our final dressing. No sense in us waiting for the whole group to get there before boarding if the bus will wait for us!

-- Rob

We were just at AKL from 12/7 thru 12/12. the busses were awesome. We never waited longer than three minutes (I know , we must have had great timing!) to go to any of the parks. I thought the drive to the parks was shorter than the drive from POFQ. It was nice not sharing with other resorts. My only complaint is that the air conditioning was constantly running in the busses even though one night it had gotten down into the 40's. It made for some chilly rides!!

We normally drive down...and park the car for the week. Wait I take that back....we won't use the buses if we are eating at the Hoop de doo...... THAT takes forever!!!lol

I would assume that most bus complaints are from people who have never used public transportation. Disney's transportation is comparably excellent.

mamacatnv said:
Seems like the busses are a big issue with many. I am so thankful to not have to drive anywhere for 8 or 9 days, I think the Disney transportation system is great!

I don't mind waiting for one, standing on one, if I don't want to stand I wait for another.

It is free, it is pretty dang efficient and takes all the worry out of where to park, where is the car and where are we going........

Just my thoughts.......
Someone stole my thoughts. :thumbsup2

We don't worry about the busses either. We almost always drive so when we do take the bus, we just allow ourselves an extra 30 minutes if we are following some kind of schedule.

We know they're not perfect, but we LOVE the busses.

On most trips, we either have our own car or a rental, but we have never taken our own car to the parks. I have to drive every day at home and I enjoy letting someone else drive when I'm on vacation.

Its the ONLY way I can get around, as I do not drive. When WDW came up with ME thats when I started to Fly. :thumbsup2 I was paying 65-70 dollars round trip, from the Amtrak train station in Kissimmee to my resort, and that was 4 times a year. :rolleyes: As far as on site busses, it depends on what time of year you go, How crowded it is, and what time you get up. ;) I noticed when I get up early, and get the bus, its really easy and not very crowded. Same with leaving a park at night, last trip, I had little or NO wait after leaving MK! :thumbsup2

We love ALL the Disney transportation systems, whether bus, boat, or monorail. It's fun to "people watch", and many times, the interaction with some of the other passengers/driver is another source of fun! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter