Am i missing something on DCL site?

sadiwest

Mouseketeer
Is there no option to even see the excursions, experiences, or activities for which you should pre-register prior to the booking window opening? I'm not a first time cruiser (just with DCL), and usually there are ways to read about these things even before you're able to book.

It's a little hidden but under the "Destinations" menu there is an option for "Port Adventures" this is where you will find the excursions for your trip. Under "Our Ships" you can look at the Spa to see what is there. "Night Clubs and Lounges" you will be able to find the tastings.

You can read about the Port Adventures that are typically offered in each port here: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/overview/?11
Select the general area your cruise vists, then select the specific port(s) from the dropdown menu. If your cruise will be the first time visiting a particular port, the list may not be available until a few months before the cruise.

You can find information about other onboard activities by looking around on the Activities Overview page. For example, Beverage Tastings that are offered on some cruises are listed here:
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/onboard-activities/beverage-seminars-tastings/
Unfortunately, there is no way to know which activities will be offered on your particular cruise until the booking window for that cruise opens.

I really wish they would allow guest reviews of Port Adventures on their site. That is what's missing. Would sure be helpful in choosing Port Adventures.

I agree, wish they had reviews. Carnival has reviews on their site. They have a lot of excursions that are the same, so I look at it and TripAdvisor for reviews.

I really wish they would allow guest reviews of Port Adventures on their site. That is what's missing. Would sure be helpful in choosing Port Adventures.
While I agree, I can see why they wouldn't. Presumably, the brand only allows the best. If there were a negative review, they'd have to either act on it with the vendor or remove the review. Would you trust that they wouldn't remove the review?

I would like to think they wouldn't remove negative reviews. I would also like to think they would address any issues with the tour operators - not after one bad review, but certainly if a pattern developed.

Presumably, the brand only allows the best.
The ones DCL uses are typically no different from the ones other mega-ship lines use. We had a bad experience with one (they got their buses mixed up and took the entire group of several dozens of people to the wrong place & wasted hours of everyone's day). We complained & got a minimal response from DCL. They begrudged the idea that they had any responsibility for the performance of their contracted port adventure providers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!