Aloha! ***Welcome to the NEW Poly FAQ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand completely! LOL I come here once in a while even though I don't have ANY trips planned! I'm in serious WDW/Polynesian resort withdrawal.... :sick: :laughing:

Zippah D: Congrats on a wonderful surprise for your DW!! :thumbsup2 My DH surprised me with a trip to WDW for our anniversary a couple of years ago and it was the best trip we've ever had. I know you'll have a great time! :sunny:

:worship:Terry...I know you are feeling it..with NO trips planned.:eek:

It really is a magical place and so far no other resort that i have tryed has lived up to it.:rolleyes1

This makes me wonder: If you're booked elsewhere, but you still peruse the Poly thread, then what resort threads do you look at if you're booked at the Poly:confused3

BreezysMom, thanks for the pics! Wow, you guys went last year? I ask because the gingerbread 'hawaiian palace' I remember from last year. BVC23, I am seriously fighting the urge to book the Poly after looking at my pics again. DD yelled, "You promised the Grand Floridian!". :lmao:

Just me and the DW heading down the week between Christmas and New Years. Have never been to the POLY and would love some room sugestions. Thanks

Which view do you have booked? And do you want to be closer to the TTC or the GCH? I like the Fiji or Samoa longhouses because they're right near the GCH. Tokelau is also a nice choice which is closer to the TTC but further away from the GCH.

I am working on my trip report and thought I would post a few Poly pictures for my Poly friends. Xmas decorations did not seem as much this year during our stay 11/28 - 12/5. There was no gingerbread house this year during our stay and it is usually out.

Thanks for all the pics! I really like the Samoa longhouse--great location! Was it that there wasn't a large gingerbread house or none of the smaller ones? I notice the Poly has a lot of the smaller ones created by the CMs.

We arrive next Monday, awesome Santa on Friday and Mickey on Monday

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes I'm beyond jealous!

I figured I'd ask over here too, to see if anyone has had an MK view room when the castle was under a major refurb...I was so looking forward to seeing the castle changing colors at night from my bed.

Hi lissiesmum! Long time no hear from! :goodvibes I know I've seen the crane around the castle a few years ago. Nothing that was boarded up. This is just me, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I paid for a MK view and the castle was boarded up for refurb. The CR is nice, but with this kind of monkeywrench thrown in, I'd rather be around the things I like at the Poly. :thumbsup2

This makes me wonder: If you're booked elsewhere, but you still peruse the Poly thread, then what resort threads do you look at if you're booked at the Poly:confused3

I know I would read the CR and GF threads because those resorts were on the monorail loop--same as the Poly. :goodvibes I know if I hadn't have read the GF thread, I wouldn't have found out the boat launch goes from the GF then on to the Poly and then back to the MK.

Hiya MsStinkerBelle :flower3: I loved your pics too! I understand your struggle but I think your GF holiday stay will be so wonderful! You can stroll over to the Poly as much as you need to get a fix ;) I am insisting on a GF stay when we do our cruise/land trip for my 40th....but that is not for quite some time :rolleyes1 (2012)

Yes, we were there last year. 12/7 to 12/15. That Gingerbread Palace went up the last few days we were there! It was fun to see new things get added during our trip.

So as you all may see, my ticker changed! We got one of those "save the date" cards for a family wedding :headache: so we had to push the trip off a few weeks. We are also seriously considering going back to standard and skipping CL. DH and I are training for a half marathon and trying to get back into shape and the more we talk about it, we feel like the only advantage was the breakfasts. We ate and drank more than we normally would due to willpower being disabled during vacation mode. :rolleyes: Plus, we can stay longer by staying standard. I have already made my mind up, I just need to call and change. Now I just have to pray the Tiki Gods give me my beloved third floor Figi! :love: I have found airfare for only $148 so I think I may just book it! That is cheaper than Southwest at this point!

So any of you Poly lovers have any feedback on the Poly and Disney in August? Besides the heat and more crowds.....

I am looking forward to later park hours, no parties to screw up evening park touring and extra pool time! It seems to be right before the possible "free dining" period as well. Thanks! :hug:

I peruse my favorite resort threads all the time no matter where we'll be next stay. We have several favorite resorts so I enjoy keeping up with the latest news from each.:goodvibes

We arrive next Monday, awesome Santa on Friday and Mickey on Monday

Have an awesome trip!:goodvibes

BreezysMom, thanks for the pics! Wow, you guys went last year? I ask because the gingerbread 'hawaiian palace' I remember from last year. BVC23, I am seriously fighting the urge to book the Poly after looking at my pics again. DD yelled, "You promised the Grand Floridian!". :lmao:

Yes, thanks BreezyMom and 1971BDay for the Polynesian photos.

MsStinkerbelle, as you probably know from meeting on both threads ;), I love the Polynesian (and have for 27 years) but also have grown to love the GF. The great thing about staying at either is that is is easy and fun to visit the other. So I recommend keeping that promise.:goodvibes

Re gingerbread houses, I saw a report on the DVC forums that there are now several at the Polynesian...I gather in a similar manner as last year's display.

I peruse my favorite resort threads all the time no matter where we'll be next stay. We have several favorite resorts so I enjoy keeping up with the latest news from each.:goodvibes

Me, too!:goodvibes I've loved this thread since joining it when planning our trip to the Poly. I've been reading it ever since, and now we're planning to go back there, so it's even more fun to keep up with what is current.

There's so much to learn on these threads, plus, after you stay at a resort, I think it's nice to go back to the thread and help others planning their trips!:goodvibes

We went with Tokelau first and Figi as second choice, thanks all. We will see what we get on Monday

So as you all may see, my ticker changed! We got one of those "save the date" cards for a family wedding :headache: so we had to push the trip off a few weeks. We are also seriously considering going back to standard and skipping CL. DH and I are training for a half marathon and trying to get back into shape and the more we talk about it, we feel like the only advantage was the breakfasts. We ate and drank more than we normally would due to willpower being disabled during vacation mode. :rolleyes: Plus, we can stay longer by staying standard. I have already made my mind up, I just need to call and change. Now I just have to pray the Tiki Gods give me my beloved third floor Figi! :love: I have found airfare for only $148 so I think I may just book it! That is cheaper than Southwest at this point!

So any of you Poly lovers have any feedback on the Poly and Disney in August? Besides the heat and more crowds.....

I am looking forward to later park hours, no parties to screw up evening park touring and extra pool time! It seems to be right before the possible "free dining" period as well. Thanks! :hug:

Sounds like we will be there at the same time. We are booked for August 7-16th.

And we are rethinking the Club Level. Other than the Hawaii building, the only real advantage for us would be the lounge for breakfast. If I were to get a pin code, I would do it but I think we will change. I have other plans for the $1500!:thumbsup2

I found airfare for $170 round trip but let it go. I think I can do as well on a more direct flight in a few months. We plan to come in on Wednesday night to spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center and a day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Are you doing the dining plan?

Hi Breezy :wave2:

We've had better weather (less extreme heat and humidity) while there in August, as compared to some trips in early July. Honestly, I think it's hit or miss in the summer, depending on how much humidity there is. It is nice that it stays out light, later in the evenings, and the parks are open later at night. :) And I LOVE night swimming at the Polynesian!!! :thumbsup2 Have a great time! :sunny:

Just got in touch with IPO. We are 11 days from our ADR window. I sent an email and they replied in less than 15 minutes. I was impressed! (I sent an email to Macy's the other day and their CS never did get back to me.)

Sounds like we will be there at the same time. We are booked for August 7-16th.

And we are rethinking the Club Level. Other than the Hawaii building, the only real advantage for us would be the lounge for breakfast. If I were to get a pin code, I would do it but I think we will change. I have other plans for the $1500!:thumbsup2

I found airfare for $170 round trip but let it go. I think I can do as well on a more direct flight in a few months. We plan to come in on Wednesday night to spend a day at the Kennedy Space Center and a day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Are you doing the dining plan?

I agree. I love the location of the Hawaii building and the lounge was a great perk. We did not do dining plan last trip and I have mixed feelings about it. I did miss it. I missed not having to "think" about the money we were spending on snacks and counter service meals.

I am going to mull on this over the holiday. But I am still leaning towards a standard room and dining plan.

I booked air already! It was too cheap to pass up!

Hi Breezy :wave2:

We've had better weather (less extreme heat and humidity) while there in August, as compared to some trips in early July. Honestly, I think it's hit or miss in the summer, depending on how much humidity there is. It is nice that it stays out light, later in the evenings, and the parks are open later at night. :) And I LOVE night swimming at the Polynesian!!! :thumbsup2 Have a great time! :sunny:

Thanks Seaspray! I also love Poly evenings!

Well even though my family and I didn't stay at the Polynesian on two seperate occasions we went to the Kona Island Sushi Bar and it was amazing. The 1st time I had the Shrimp Tempura Roll and the 2nd time I had the Volcano Roll, which both tasted great.

I'm so excited about my upcoming trip and my first stay @ the Poly! We're going for our 10th anniversary. We always planned on going to Hawaii for our 10 year, but we got a surprise baby this year. We don't want to leave him or the kiddos. So we're taking them and staying where we can have a Polynesian trip and variety around the world(Epcot) as well as fun for us and the kids! I'm tring to learn what I can about the Poly since I've never stayed there, but have always wanted to!!!

Ok I am sitting here struggling with my decision to keep LVCV or switch back to plain old GV. The price difference is about 600.00. We got and excellent rate for Easter week. We will be hanging at the resort A LOT due to crowds and hey lets face it we have "been there" "done that". However I can't help but think that 600.00 would be nice to spend on dining etc.. but we are staying 3 nights at BWV with Deluxe plan 3 days prior to arriving at the Poly and feel we maybe "dined out" by then..

What are your thoughts? It's such a hard decision.

Ok I am sitting here struggling with my decision to keep LVCV or switch back to plain old GV. The price difference is about 600.00. We got and excellent rate for Easter week. We will be hanging at the resort A LOT due to crowds and hey lets face it we have "been there" "done that". However I can't help but think that 600.00 would be nice to spend on dining etc.. but we are staying 3 nights at BWV with Deluxe plan 3 days prior to arriving at the Poly and feel we maybe "dined out" by then..

What are your thoughts? It's such a hard decision.

Well, it's a tough call to be honest. We prefer to snack in the lounge rather than having big meals out, so we like CL. But for $600 you could buy alot of food!!!

If you stay CL, you'll know what building you're in (which is very nice), but you may or may not like the food they are serving each day. We stayed there for a week and got tired of most of the food after a few days. Other than the evening apps, they served the exact same things every single day. If you have the dining plan, at least you get to choose what you eat.

If you like using the IPO services, that may be something to consider as well...

Could you please let me know how you got a great rate for Easter week? We may be there for a couple of days and I'm having trouble getting a good rate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter